Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What role did you play in the school play?

Reecejackox

I’ve never been in a school play. Stage fright.

If I ever get the chance to be in a theatre performance in the future, though, I won’t pass it up. 

Back in elementary school, i was a “Grammar Pirate” and i played as both a “Punctuation Pirate” and a “Cursed Pirate”. In middle school, i did a Hans Christian Anderson Law and Order play called “Big Bad Musical” where i played as one of the three little pigs named Two, though my character pronounced it as To-oh because he and One, or Oney, were dumbasses while Three was the smart and distinguished one. 

(edited)

I mean our school did have like a sort of team for One Act Play (I don't know if it would be called a team, or what the terminology would be), but I never had any interest whatsoever in being in it.

Honestly, it's not for me. I just have no real interest in being part of a play or really acting in general.

Edited by Furret ᐡ꒳ᐡ

(edited)

I was a background character during our Christmas play. I had one line, I think and didn't even need to audition.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 1

• 7 months later...

I didn't play any "main" role in the school play. For my school, each class had to perform some sort of song (singing and dancing) related to the theme of the play; that's what I was involved in in the school play.

• Brohoof 2

I played a wolf and an elephant in a play/musical version of The Jungle Book when I was in 8th grade. I remember wanting to audition as Baloo really badly, but was scared of my classmates judging me, so I'd auditioned as Shere Khan instead, also because others who were auditioning suggested I audition as him.

I think there was just one play where I appeared. Our class did Cinderella, and I played the prince's assistant. I just had a couple of lines, but I had the very important role of trying the shoe on several audience members. :please: I was also supposed to appear on some kind of Christmas play, but I missed it because I was sick – I never found out if the play was canceled or if they got a replacement (it was just one of a few small plays we were supposed to do in groups).

• Brohoof 1

I had stage fright, so I never signed up for any of that. I wanted to, though. 
Ah, I just realized I already replied to this topic. Top of the page, no less. Serves me right for not reading. 

Edited by Cagey

We never had those sort of things in my school. Our schools were broke af. That being said I’d probably fight for the lead, whether I’d be a good fit or not, but get casted as a secondary character. I don’t think I’d be background/one to no lines sort of character.

• Brohoof 1