Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Were there once bootleg DVDs for past generations?

FirePuppy

(edited)

This may be a stupid question, but I'm curious to know, did bootleg DVDs of Generation One exist before 2004 anywhere worldwide?

NOTE: The first official DVD dates back to late 2004 with "The Complete First Season".

Edited by FirePuppy

I haven't really watched or sought after the previous generations, but given the popularity of the franchise over the years and how prevalent bootleg DVDs were back in the day, I don't see why not. People were always willing to collect the toys, so there's no reason to think someone wouldn't have made their own conversion at some point.

I have the original DVD of My Little Pony Tales. And a few single episode Swedish dub versions as well, which were clearly VHS burnt onto DVDs with weird box art, one could say bootleg! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Splashee said:

I have the original DVD of My Little Pony Tales. And a few single episode Swedish dub versions as well, which were clearly VHS burnt onto DVDs with weird box art, one could say bootleg! :ButtercupLaugh:

wow. Ok, then there was over there.

Y'argh!

• Brohoof 1

Finding a DVD for a G1 movie at my local VideoEzy years ago is kind of what got me into the last generation.. long story short, ex found a dvd of it i had coped and given to her, we reconnected for liek a week, and I then begun to look up episodes on yt for my then step daughter.. 

• Brohoof 1