Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life Episode 1 and 2 Treehouse premiere thread.

CastletonSnob

44 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

And so ends Best of the Worst. Between this and Princess Probz, this one's much better. The original was Diet Coke-high madness, but this felt more cohesive. Slog more than deserved to have his game blow up in his face at the end. He's such a proud loser that he can't win playing by his own rules and got pissed off when Dash said, "screw it!" and destroy his ideas. Also, the M6 feel more like friends who care for each other and didn't act like idiots for the sake of the story.

So, the grades so far:

1. Princess Probz: F
  2. The Best of the Worst: B-

Maybe I'll give "The Best of the Worst" a try.I did not like Princess Probz" at all. The comedy was too forced, and the whole thing had a thrown together "Let's get this on TV fast" feeling.  

• Brohoof 4

I thought the first ep, Princess Probz was okay. Pinkie Pie exploding and Twilight falling to pieces were too cute. :wub: Probably going to be running gags during the show. I didn't care for the second ep, Best of the Worst. The lazy slob rival-pony was annoying and I never bought the whole "Rainbow Dash working so hard to lose" concept. :dry: It just felt too out of character. It's great to hear all the voice actresses again. Daniel Ingram's and William Anderson's presences are sorely missed though. And Rainbow Dash's hair is weird; I don't think I'll be able to get used to it. So am I going to watch the next ep(s)? Yes. :mlp_smug: :mlp_lie:

• Brohoof 2

It was pretty much what I expected, so I am neither impressed nor disappointed.

The first episode was pretty bad, except for the Celestia scenes I disliked pretty much everything. The second was better, it felt like it had a more comprehensive story and had more merit to it, with a few pretty great moments, including the ending(this episode reminded me of early season 1 episodes, just slightly rushed). If it improves as we go on or at least stays the same as the second episode, I will be able to enjoy this show.   

• Brohoof 3

I dunno how I'll be able to watch Pony Life at all, I don't have Discovery Family or Treehouse. Live streams don't work for me either, I'm usually working on Saturday when they premiere. Oh well maybe Netflix will add Pony Life in a couple hundred years lol.

• Brohoof 1

I've uploaded a few teensy snippets of the second episode as I quite enjoyed it, it had moments I really liked.

Didn't think I would like this one, but it caught me off guard. XD I love how Flutters just casually flies upwards and Rainbow Dash's eyes follows her and then darts back. This is the right kind of silly stuff to me.

And the other part I mentioned:

Again, this is what I want to see more of with this show. Her expression is super cute and I love how she says that line. It isn't crazy over the top but still goes along with the distinct vibe that this show has. If they can keep the rest of the show in line with episode 2, then I can definitely dig it. A well done, really silly show with our lovable pony characters, to me, is a great idea. Especially considering how shitty the world has been as of late.

• Brohoof 6

8 hours ago, Blackfire Blaze said:

Daniel Ingram's and William Anderson's presences are sorely missed though.

Absolutely!

I was very sad when I went through the credits and saw no Daniel Ingram. It felt like they tried to copy his style for the intro but somehow failed. :worry:

• Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Princess Probz - 384.6 MB for a ten minute cartoon? That doesn't seem right. Should be between 50-90 MB. Not sure I want to risk that giant download.

Back on edit. I just grabbed it off of PonyTube at 48.1 MB. Based on what I just watched, I doubt if I'll bother with any other episodes.

That's due quality and format. If they are the same I grabbed from 4chan, they probably are in matroska, or .mkv. They are high quality high resolution videos. No weird squarish transitions nor under-watery sound. Still, not worth the download xD

8 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I dunno how I'll be able to watch Pony Life at all, I don't have Discovery Family or Treehouse. Live streams don't work for me either, I'm usually working on Saturday when they premiere. Oh well maybe Netflix will add Pony Life in a couple hundred years lol.

Join the darkside and download from mega. I can provide the links at the low cost of your soul

• Brohoof 1

I started watching the first ep and I couldn't cuz it's so fast I didn't understand whats happening and i felt dizzy lol. Can they slow down a little maybe I play it at 0.5x speed. 

I might try watching again when im less tired lol or hope the second is better cuz the bit I watched gave a terrible impression lol Kinda irritating too XP

I still have a backlog of actual mlp eps so.. yeah

1 hour ago, Jesse Terrence said:

Join the darkside and download from mega. I can provide the links at the low cost of your soul

What's that? :awwthanks:

Sucks for people who don't enjoy it... I like it.. but it isnt at teen titans go chaos...which i liked really well...but if the fandoms keep on hating... it'll change definitely to teen titans go route....hehehehhe perrrfect.....some scenes where cringy.. but some lines are funny too.. made me smirk a lot though... I don't expect to laugh alot in it..... Just a chill show...like mlp

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
19 hours ago, Splashee said:

Absolutely!

I was very sad when I went through the credits and saw no Daniel Ingram. It felt like they tried to copy his style for the intro but somehow failed. :worry:

At least my man, Daniel, had enough sense to know not get involved with this monstrosity. :BrightMacContent:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

I've uploaded a few teensy snippets of the second episode as I quite enjoyed it, it had moments I really liked.

Didn't think I would like this one, but it caught me off guard. XD I love how Flutters just casually flies upwards and Rainbow Dash's eyes follows her and then darts back. This is the right kind of silly stuff to me.

Fluttershy using "hip" slang is weirdly adorable. :kindness:

• Brohoof 4

I didn’t care for episode 1 too much cause it was a bit too fast paced and random to me but I did like episode 2. Having an all time winner join a losing contest is really interesting to me. Reminds me of that game where just thinking about it makes you lose.

As far as my Pony Life opinion in general, I think Twilight and FlutterShy have cute designs and while I’m still getting used to the rest, they are well animated and suited to the characters’ personalities for what they are. It’ll definitely take getting used to but I’m sure as more episodes come out it’ll be better. I’m glad while I didn’t consider these episodes amazing that they weren’t horrible or annoying. Really the only bad thing was how overly energetic they felt. Reminds me of YouTube kid’s videos.

Also, as a side note, did anyone else feel like there were so many potion drinking parts of the episodes that it felt like they had a potion open bar? 

• Brohoof 3

There's something no one's talking about that I really don't like about the series---it isn't quite bad enough to ruin it for me, but...well, it's how Ponyville's design is.

It's very divorced from the visuals of FiM; most of the buildings that catch your eye look like they're either made out of food or decorated to look like food, and the ones that don't are so simplistic that they have zero believability.  Sugarcube Corner being so close to the water (or is that a lake of pink lemonade??) that it looks like it could fall in any time...ugh.  I mean, Sugarcube Corner wasn't near the water in FiM.  The design being so simplistic makes it feel like there's no room for worldbuilding, and worldbuilding is one of the things I adored about FiM.

Again---that isn't so bad it ruins it for me altogether, but the visuals are just...not my cup of tea, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, not into it. It seems to be a overly simplified version of FiM, not to mention the calarts style.

It's just meh in my eyes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not really sure what to make of this yet. First time watching it I felt a certain disappointment by the forced stories, yet I keep going back and rewatching them. I guess part of it is it's just nice to see the characters again, but there's also a lot of visual creativity on display (highlight for me being the "rainbow drops" to symbolize RD's triggers). It did take me a few eps to get into FIM as well, so I imagine I'll give it a few more chances.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

If they ever do a Grand Finale for Pony Life, they should do a Multiverse crossover with Friendship is Magic, Equestria Girls AND Generation 1, all just for the sake of an Epic Crossover.

I think they should save that for halfway through G-5, personally.

I sure hope Pony Life is G-4.5 rather than G-5; Pony Life doesn't really seem to leave room for the kind of worldbuilding that epicness requires...

14 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

If they ever do a Grand Finale for Pony Life, they should do a Multiverse crossover with Friendship is Magic, Equestria Girls AND Generation 1, all just for the sake of an Epic Crossover.

Just like TTG vs TT :fluttershy:. Yeah, I totally see that happening :mlp_icwudt:.... unless horse life doesn’t get past this season :dry:

(edited)
1 hour ago, HereComesTom said:

I think they should save that for halfway through G-5, personally.

I sure hope Pony Life is G-4.5 rather than G-5; Pony Life doesn't really seem to leave room for the kind of worldbuilding that epicness requires...

I don’t think you need to worry about that. G5 was supposed to begin this year, but got pushed back to 2021. PL basically fills in the gap as G5 continues production.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1