Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life Episode 1 and 2 Treehouse premiere thread.

CastletonSnob

I saw it on youtube, and it's NOT FIM but I will be watching it! It's cute and "Best Of The Worst" had a good moral. The first one about Pinkie Pie and the baking competition was good too but not as good as "Best Of The Worst" and I think this is a sign the series is good and will get better with time. The characters act like themselves and Applejack and Rarity are extremely funny and cute here. Twilight is still so Twilight. 

• Brohoof 2

I don’t like it. This direction of lol random humor just doesn’t fit MLP in my opinion. I am going to continue watching this show but only out of strict curiosity. I want to see where it goes. 

• Brohoof 1

Tell me if it is worth watching the second episode? I just saw the filly and closed the video as a quick reaction. Is it safe to watch? :umad:

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

Tell me if it is worth watching the second episode? I just saw the filly and closed the video as a quick reaction. Is it safe to watch? :umad:

Is better than the first episode, I must observe.

The filly/colt/kitten/whatever the buck that was just appears a couple times as a plot device, but other than that the episode is okayisher than the past one.

• Brohoof 3

Wasn't that bad. The new character Dishwasher Slog (voiced by Thorax, lol) was okay.

Smallfry I didn't like. He just looks absolutely stupid and had no emotions other than "idiot little puppy":

scootaloo_replacement.pngHigh quality character design right here!scootaloo_replacement.png

• Brohoof 1

I thought episode 1 was dumb but episode 2 was interesting. Whatever the pony with the pizza Cutie Mark’s name was, of course, dislikable in his own right, but the losing contest was interesting to have a winning pony compete in.

• Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Splashee said:

Wasn't that bad. The new character Dishwasher Slog (voiced by Thorax, lol) was okay.

Smallfry I didn't like. He just looks absolutely stupid and had no emotions other than "idiot little puppy":

scootaloo_replacement.pngHigh quality character design right here!scootaloo_replacement.png

The kid character does NOT look anything like a pony! He looks like cat plushies. 

Did anyone notice Fluttershy's new ability to shrink or grow her body? Without any explaination at all? Did she use magic? Is she an Alicorn now? :P

Or is this why the show was rescheduled, because kids would start drinking things they randomly found under the sink? 5 minute episodes are very short to tell any story, but leaving out information like this makes me think about low budget tricks :confused:

5 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Did anyone notice Fluttershy's new ability to shrink or grow her body? Without any explaination at all? Did she use magic? Is she an Alicorn now? :P

Or is this why the show was rescheduled, because kids would start drinking things they randomly found under the sink? 5 minute episodes are very short to tell any story, but leaving out information like this makes me think about low budget tricks :confused:

It was?

Huh.

And about that, I assume is just lazy writing. They'll probably will throw a lazy "a potion did it" later on

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings. The character designs are interesting, but with those tiny noses, the single nostril looks over-sized relative to the face, which is off-putting, but I might get used to it.

So far, while the gag fueled pace of the first one is waaay too manic, the second one does better with giving us time to breathe and for the jokes to actually sink in a little. (Gee, Sunny, what an original observation - it's not like everyone and their grandma hasn't said that already... :o) I did give a wry smile or two at points in both episodes so far, so I don't really mind the more gag-like style of humour.

As for the characters, I think it might have been more interesting to mix the characters up. Make Rarity a pegasus, Fluttershy an Earth pony, etc, y'know, do something new. As it is, these characters are too shallow and "in name only". Maybe they'll improve as time goes on, but right now, Pony Life is Buffalo Bill-ing them.

It's also weird that they have an 11 minute episode split into 2 parts, but the second part just continues the story right where the first part ends. Why the twofer format? Is it just because FiM used two-parters sometimes? Unless there's a sound reason to do something, they shouldn't do it.

All that said, I think I will continue to watch Pony Life. It's better than no pony, at least. Luckily, the time investment is minimal.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Just finished watching Episodes 1 and 2! I tried not to compare it too much to FiM, and I have to say, I actually kind of enjoyed it! It's very fast-paced, a bit ridiculous, but I laughed at several of the jokes and the animation style grew on me a bit as I watched. I like how they're taking full advantage of the animation medium, such as the gag of Twilight breaking into pieces. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of these, and I'm glad we have something to tide us over until Gen 5!

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos