Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How was the food at your school’s cafeteria?

Venomous

Whether you remember it from grade school, middle school, high school, or college... How was the food at your school’s meal time? 

The food at my middle school was actually quite good. I don’t remember disliking anything I ever had there. The food from my high school was good as well but it was damn expensive.

433A4E0E-704D-48DB-94BC-72D5AF805F20.gif

I usually liked it. Usually.

High school did bring about more options and I couldn’t help but visit the more grill side lines...

Poor salad line was usually empty :c

The food in my highschool was pretty good. had all the good stuff. But that was before all the changes they did with the whole "super healthy". All the diets were based around a healthish lunch so i dunno. XD Expensive...hmmm it was cheaper than going to the near by subways. Though the near by place called "Combo's" would give you more "unhealthy" options if you wanted it.

(edited)

Primary has me question how you could cook something that tastes so tasteless. I believe the reason is that the ones cooking for us were the same as for the prisons. So yes it had no taste. High school however had a great cafeteria genuinely loved the variety of food there. Then university was much better not only the variety of food we have out own restaurant so yes both high school and university were great cafeterias haha.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I only ate in the school cafeteria in primary school (1999-2002). For a school cafeteria in a post-Soviet country it was nothing special. The food was free, but extremely, dreadfully, unfathomably aweful, mostly because the cooks used to steal all the good food for themselves (another Soviet legacy thing). The buns were alright though.

I never had school meals at any of the schools I went to so don't know what they were like. I didn't really like the look of the food though and was kind of a fussy eater so always had packed lunches from home instead.

(edited)

The food in my first high school is really good, serving up things like Beef Bulgogi for lunch. I swear, it was amazing the first time I tried it. It was that school where I always looked forward to the school lunch everyday, it just was that good.

And then I moved to Guam, and the lunches at my new high school were....not even comparable to my previous school. There were a lot of times where the food just tasted so bland.

Getting food during my college days isn't hard, but it was much better than my second high school.

Fun fact: In Guam, I once had chicken for lunch in school, and I found pink parts on it (Yes it was slightly raw).

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 1

Every school I attended didn't have a cafeteria. But a few had a kiosk with sandwiches, sweets, Pringles and the like. But I almost never bought anything from there. The Pringles were yummy, though. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Prince of Yays 🖤 said:

Depends on what you are asking about. Everything costs a different price.

here theres a flat meal price haha,

cool its no like that in London

how much for like a serving of everything haha

1 minute ago, Sherbie-kun said:

here theres a flat meal price haha,

cool its no like that in London

how much for like a serving of everything haha

A main course is over £3 so I'm pretty sure that it;s way more expensive

Yeah. someone trying to sell me on a dubai role a few weeks ago by showing me a comparison page showing it was cheaper than london.

Then I compared to Manchester and it was a massive price hike.. go figure.

(more on topic; our school pretty much gave up on "healthy eating" so it was mostly pie or burger or sausage, with chips or mash, plus beans or gravy. Sometimes the pie was lasagne instead :) )

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, CypherHoof 🐎 said:

Yeah. someone trying to sell me on a dubai role a few weeks ago by showing me a comparison page showing it was cheaper than london.

Then I compared to Manchester and it was a massive price hike.. go figure.

(more on topic; our school pretty much gave up on "healthy eating" so it was mostly pie or burger or sausage, with chips or mash, plus beans or gravy. Sometimes the pie was lasagne instead :) )

yeah, well beating London in living costs aint an achievement haha,

and Manchester, from what I saw, costs about the same as Glasgow (only really due to the water and sewerage costing like double)

you're lucky your school didnt do the healthy eating shit, like give me an option to eat all the unhealthy shit I like rather than walking across to Aldis haha