Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming New Pokemon Snap

ggg-2

Not so much myself. I'm happy that some people got what they wanted, but as for me, who played the original game when I was like 10 back when it came out and haven't had any motive to ever look back at it, I'm not too excited. I was hoping that if a Pokemon Snap sequel came out that they'd have to be a little bit more ambitious with it and turn into an free-exploring adventure with some narrative, but instead it's just the same ol' on-the-rail level-based format of the original.

That format just feels to archaic and small for me in a modern $60 game. Pass.

20 minutes ago, Antagonist 🦹♂️ said:

This does put a smile on my face -- and his:

Infinity-War-Decimation-Thanos-Scientifi

Hopefully they don't do that again. *glares at Bandai Namco* Seriously guys. Don't.

Dude you have no idea how excited I am. I played the original a STUPID amount of times and still bust out the N64 for a go on it.

The only thing that I’d be kind of sad about is if the Pokémon aren’t fully voiced this time. I loved that they used the anime voiceover sounds for the Pokémon in the first game. It would be a bit of a bummer if they go back to the old electronic cries for every Pokémon that isn’t Pikachu.

Asides from that, I’m trying to not get TOO hyped. I have a million and one things that I would love to see, but they have no guarantee of being there.

Like, will our only tools still be Bait, Pester Balls, and the Poke’Flute?

What will the final “Rainbow Cloud” level be like? What Legendary Pokémon will be there?

Will there be multiple islands? That would help expand the game extensively! There could be a “Rainbow Cloud” for each of them, so you could meet multiple legendaries!

I saw some Finneon under the water in the trailer. How will we get them to the surface for a clear shot? Or can the the ZERO-ONE (the vehicle you ride in) or underwater? I mean, WHY NOT? It goes in the upper atmosphere!

Good lord, I hope it DOES go underwater... A Pokémon coral reef level would be so beautiful!

25 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Dude you have no idea how excited I am. I played the original a STUPID amount of times and still bust out the N64 for a go on it.

The only thing that I’d be kind of sad about is if the Pokémon aren’t fully voiced this time. I loved that they used the anime voiceover sounds for the Pokémon in the first game. It would be a bit of a bummer if they go back to the old electronic cries for every Pokémon that isn’t Pikachu.

Asides from that, I’m trying to not get TOO hyped. I have a million and one things that I would love to see, but they have no guarantee of being there.

Like, will our only tools still be Bait, Pester Balls, and the Poke’Flute?

What will the final “Rainbow Cloud” level be like? What Legendary Pokémon will be there?

Will there be multiple islands? That would help expand the game extensively! There could be a “Rainbow Cloud” for each of them, so you could meet multiple legendaries!

I saw some Finneon under the water in the trailer. How will we get them to the surface for a clear shot? Or can the the ZERO-ONE (the vehicle you ride in) or underwater? I mean, WHY NOT? It goes in the upper atmosphere!

Good lord, I hope it DOES go underwater... A Pokémon coral reef level would be so beautiful!

I only rented the original one but never actually owned it. Maybe they will consider buying a copy for myself this time

This came completely out of the left field, but I'm definitely not against it. I liked the original, so if things keep look promising, I'll probably grab myself a copy of this one as well.