Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

do you have an aesthetic?

vampireponyprince

(edited)

do you have an aesthetic??

how would you describe your aesthetic if you have one?

for me it falls anywhere between Nu Goth, witch , and pop punk depending on my mood and preference in wardrobe for the day!

Edited by vampireponyprince
  • Brohoof 1

Long sleeves, long pants, preferably clothes with lots of pockets. 

I dislike the unevenly-painted jeans and prefer ones that are evenly painted (and obviously not torn - why the hell would I buy torn clothes?).

• Brohoof 1

According to a quiz I just took on Quotev.com I have, the nature aesthetic, but I think it was more for home décor and other general stuff, not just clothing. I wear blue jeans, white or black socks, dark solid color boots, a white crew cut t-shirt, and if I need additional layers then a navy blue hoodie and a black leather jacket. I also wear a black baseball cap with a kangaroo crossing sign or something that I got as a gift a long time ago. I'll switch to khaki shorts when it's hot, and I have some jackets, but what I said before is what I generally wear 95% of the time. I'm creative and I like to throw together some fashion stuff for women, but I'm extremely practical in my own outfit and have been pretty consistent for the past 9 years.

• Brohoof 1

Hard to say. I don't really care for looks, I like being more natural. Normal clothes are what I like the most. Shirts, Jeans, leather jacket, no hoodies, no sport outfits, almost everything black or dark bluish, a bit tight, not wide, since I'm more the skinny type. Same with hair, long and curly. I feel normal and natural works best for me.

I tried to straighten my hair when I was younger, also wearing quiet a few ear rings or trying more the feminine style, but...like I said, I discovered that I don't actually care. Because the outside doesn't change how I feel on the inside. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

Not sure what aesthetic it would be, but I keep it fairly simple. Jeans, a dark t-shirt, boots, and I'll start wearing a leather jacket once I get my motorcycle. I also want to get some facial piercings, but I need to wait until I'm living away from my parents for that.

If I had more money, I'd definitely pursue my aesthetic!!  Dividing this up into segments:

Home:

I'd love my home to be a mix of foresty, kawaii, goth, witchy and a dash of cottagecore.  The walls would be lined with fanart from various interests, mushroom pics and info charts and an indoor hydroponics garden.  Since I normally don't get much sunlight where I live, the hydroponics is a must along with some grow lights.  I'd probably grow stuff like my parsley, spinach, tomatoes and some other stuff depending on how big my indoor garden is.  I'd of course have to have a section for my gaming rig and sewing machine and sewing gear like my fabric stash and stuff.  I'd cover the ceiling with fake ivy garlands and flowers along with fake moss. the ceiling would inspire whimsy.  I'd love to have a black sofa, wouldn't be ideal for real since I have a white cat.  Other sections of my walls would be covered in skulls and more garlands and maybe fairy lights?  Oh and more gemstones!!!!  I only have one amethyst and I would love more crystals and gemstones.  For my bedroom, I'd like to go all out.  I'd love my room to be a full on clash of all my interests.  One wall will be covered in tapestries, fairy lights will be my light source and they're going to be EVERYWHERE!  Shelves dedicated to my anime figures, mostly kinnikuman and other figures from Dragon Age and stuff.  The ceiling of my bedroom will also be covered in garlands and all that.  I'd definitely like a new bed, something with a canopy so I can curl more fairy lights and garlands around the posts and have a cute canopy, maybe some sort of green tulle?  The more outrageous, the better.  The kitchen will probably stay the same as it is now, there's not much room in there to really do anything with, maybe organize the spice cabinet?  I'd love to have my kitchen filled with reusable containers but the current pandemic has canceled the reusable container program at bulk barn so I can't use them right now....

Outfits:

I'd love to have a mix of various things, just things that look good on my body.  But one thing's for certain, I want people to say "I have no idea what gender they are but they're definitely a homosexual".  I'd love to look like a walking Bloodborne concept piece and another day, I'd like to look cute in a bunch of pastels.  My fashion sense mostly gravitates towards video game concept art, witchy, punk and historical(like medieval stuff or maybe Victorian?).  I don't think I'm capable of having only one sense of fashion when there's so much cute stuff out there!!!  I know that I'd definitely like to own a few yukata for summer and maybe a kimono or two for gatherings because my Otaku phase never left.  In general, I'd like something flowy and dramatic, I'd also like to make a few capes for the winter time.  As for shoes, I'd probably go to a cobbler or something to get custom shoes made since I have an odd shoe size that basically no alternative brand sells.  I'd love to get a good pair of winklepickers or maybe pikes along with some cool boots that look like they're ready for a mosh pit in mad max.  Heck, if I could, I'd probably get a good pair of heels for certain looks.  Not stilettos but some sort of chunky heel since I don't want to roll my ankle or fall and hurt myself.  In any case, I'd still have some plain stuff for days where I don't feel like going all out.  Most of the time I want to be ExtraTM.  Though for now, I'll have to make do with jeans and t-shirts until I can learn how to make my dream clothes.

063e31565171e13bf2654868418601f7.jpg

460cd6a9ba2ba97a30689ae9b9b04afb.jpg

tumblr_pn9hpo0sU81r2eyrho1_1280.png

(edited)

Shut-in chic (t-shirts and sweats)

2 hours ago, Kujamih said:

I actually came here to find out what does aesthetic means..... Still has no idea....:yeahno:

Aesthetic

noun

a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.
"the Cubist aesthetic"

In this case he means your clothes. 
Edited by Fluttershutter

• 3 years later...

The best way I can describe mine is "The Office Lady"

Three wardrobes full of pencil skirts, formal trousers, blouses, vests/waistcoats, blazers and dozens of heeled shoes.

Not exactly the traditional attire of a commission/manga artist. But it is technically a desk job. :P