Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What kind of merch might have been cool?

Latecomer

4 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Glow in the dark ponies :sunny:

That...... actually would have been super cool, I second this notion :P

I wish Hasbro had let Funko continue with their Vinyl Ponies series, I heard that Funko had a prototype Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis figures but Hasbro pulled the plug on their license for that particular line sadly, hence why we never got any more of the full-sized vinyl ponies. :(

• Brohoof 2

48 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I wish Hasbro had let Funko continue with their Vinyl Ponies series, I heard that Funko had a prototype Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis figures but Hasbro pulled the plug on their license for that particular line sadly, hence why we never got any more of the full-sized vinyl ponies. :(

This is what I was going to post, in addition to plushes (better quality ones, and of more characters). I think the most disappointing thing is that we never got a vinyl figure of Starlight or Sunset (as a pony).

They should also have had more merchandise of the Student 6. It doesn't make any sense to me to introduce new characters in a series based on a toyline and then make practically no toys featuring them...

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

They should also have had more merchandise of the Student 6. It doesn't make any sense to me to introduce new characters in a series based on a toyline and then make practically no toys featuring them...

You know what I bet the reason they didn't make toys featuring the student 6 is? Hasbro being cheap. It's so much more easier to re-use the same six ponies over and over again for all their merchandise rather than have to spend more money on developing new models and sets based off of different characters. It's why we didn't even get as much secondary pony/background pony merch that we probably could have gotten. 

It's really too bad, but at the end of the day Hasbro is only going to do what will keep them profitable :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 3

Really really accurate pony toys, like show accurate, and not the Hasbro baby toys. That would have been so successful.... But kinda impossible if you think about it :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
On 6/23/2020 at 8:13 AM, Splashee said:

Really really accurate pony toys, like show accurate, and not the Hasbro baby toys. That would have been so successful.... But kinda impossible if you think about it :wacko:

The funko statues are pretty good.

maxresdefault.jpg

They only did Adagio in these toys. I want all the Dazzlings!

71S8+bWhR-L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would have liked some higher-end action figures, something like Figma, SH Figuarts or even Hot Toys.  Figurines would have been good as well, I would have loved an intricately carved Prime 1 Studio (or similar) Luna.  Realistically though I guess maybe the adult fanbase isn't large enough for companies like that to justify pursuing a licence.

• Brohoof 1