Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Another Star Wars reboot?

Fluttershutter

(edited)

What do you think of this?

Much as I despise the Disney trilogy I hate time travel fixes. That was my least favorite part of Rebels. And if they do something that sloppy and lazy I still won't be happy with it unless they go back to the old canon

This guy has had good information before but I don't think this will happen. Probably just some desperate fix somebody pitched. They'll probably just ignore this trilogy the way they ignore the prequels and keep making stuff that takes place around the rebellion era.

Edited by Fluttershutter

I'm more burned out on Star Wars than anything, and as happy as I would be to see the Disney sequels retconned into oblivion, I am more supportive of us focusing more on new, original franchises. 

Nah not gonna happen ever. LFL and Disney are already currently working forward to a new project "The High Republic". Which I think that's good route there since we're moving away from the rebellion/empire era (which is getting a bit repetitive) and far back before Clone wars. The Sequel is done and there's no reason for them to waste money on rebooting it. 

I am not going to click that obvious clickbait. But is it implying they will try to erase the new Star Wars movies, that is just odd. The only reason I would think of is to bring back the famous characters from their deaths or something?

I think Star Wars should be left alone. It has had a good run, they need to stop milking the series and let it rest for good.

Trying to undo the sequel trilogy could potentially lead to more problems and, as a result, lead to an even bigger divide between the fans.

That's what I think at least, for all I know if this rumor truly sees the light of day it may be the best decision George Lucas has ever made. Only time will tell.

• Brohoof 1

Just let the franchise rest already, they milked it so hard that people got sick of the franchise in 4 years time. And no, they aren't retconning the Sequel trilogy just because you didn't like them

(edited)

We never got the sequel that we wanted and we never will at this point. The series should start in a different era and go from there. The Skywalker story is done.

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

All of these constant reboots and retcons are starting to get exhausting :dry: It’s really turned me off big movie franchises like Star Wars and superheroes altogether.

Yeah, it's always been a thing with superheroes. That's one of the reasons I'm not a huge superhero fan but Star Wars lasted 1977-2012 without a reboot. :Cozy:

• Brohoof 1

Erasing the Disney sequels? You make my mouth water.

No lame time travel fix required. Simply delete it from existence, admit it was all a big mistake and start fresh. They were going to do that with the 'Alien' series (post 'Aliens') until Ridley Scott interfered and ruined it for everyone, but there's still a chance for Star Wars. It has my vote. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Erasing the Disney sequels? You make my mouth water.

No lame time travel fix required. Simply delete it from existence, admit it was all a big mistake and start fresh. They were going to do that with the 'Alien' series (post 'Aliens') until Ridley Scott interfered and ruined it for everyone, but there's still a chance for Star Wars. It has my vote. 

Maybe in five or ten years when people stop caring. They're not going to admit it was a huge mistake fresh off this big expensive trilogy and a new theme park. And it'll just be another reboot. No going back. :adorkable:

On 7/5/2020 at 9:24 AM, Fluttershutter said:

They're not going to admit it was a huge mistake fresh off this big expensive trilogy and a new theme park.

Then movies have already paid themselves off; time to move on. And theme parks get updated all the time. We can do this!! 

• Brohoof 1