Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Ranking The Spider-Man Movies

Spidey10

Ever since childhood, Spider-Man has been my hero. I grew up with the original Raimi films (They were my Star Wars Trilogy), some of the 90's cartoon, and The Spectacular Spider-Man (I miss that show so much), collected a lot of Spidey toys, dressed as Spidey for Halloween, had Spidey birthdays, and even got a copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 at a young age. So naturally I get excited for new Spider-Man films (Or at least I used to prior to Homecoming) and have seen all of them. And here's my ranking of them from best to worst (IMO of course).

Spider-Man 2- Might sound like a cliched answer I know, but I rewatched the film last year for it's 15th anniversary and it's still awesome. It has the best villain in the trilogy with Alfred Molina's Doc Ock, adapts the Spider-Man No More story incredibly well, the train fight is still amazing, great performances, etc. I don't see any future film in the series topping this one.

Spider-Man- The one that started it all. Yeah it's cheesy, the effects have aged, and the Goblin's suit looks like a Power Ranger costume, but I still love it. You can tell Raimi was really passionate about getting the origin story and the character of Peter Parker right. 

Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse- This is actually my brother's favorite CBM and I can see why. Very creative and filled with humor, heart, great animation, etc. And you got Nic Cage as Spider-Man Noir.

The Amazing Spider-Man- I contend that this was a well done reboot by Marc Webb and that Andrew Garfield was a fantastic Spider-Man. Yeah Lizard could've been more fleshed out, but I appreciated the more serious take.

Spider-Man 3- Unpopular opinion. I actually really like this film. Yes it's overstuffed, but there are a lot of great things in it like Thomas Haden Church's Sandman and his story, some of the stuff with the symbiote, the score, the action, some of the themes, etc.

Spider-Man Far From Home-  I'm not a fan of the MCU's Spider-Man at all. I like Tom Holland, but I hate how overly comedic the films are, the dull cinematography, forgettable action, and how overly reliant they are on the larger MCU. But I will say that this sequel was better than the first film because of Gyllenhaal's Mysterio and not as much Stark tie ins (Still some though).

The Amazing Spider-Man 2-  I drank the Kool Aid when this film came out. I was so excited and while I don't think this film is as bad as some say and has elements I enjoy (It also has the best Spider-Man costume), it is a tonal mess. You can tell Sony got too involved.

Spider-Man Homecoming- I know a lot of people love this film and that's great. But like I said earlier, I just can't stand the way the MCU has treated Spidey. Michael Keaton's Vulture was the one big bright spot in the film for me.

I didn't put Venom (2018) on this list since it's a Spidey less spin off, but I will say that I had a lot of fun with it despite it's issues.

That's my ranking, but what about yours? Comment and let me know and thanks for reading.

Homecoming
Spiderverse
Spiderman 2
Far From Home
Spiderman 1
Amazing Spiderman 1
Spiderman 3
Amazing Spiderman 2

• Brohoof 1

I haven't seen all of them, but I can say the first movie with Tobey Maguire had some fun moments, but the outfits felt kinda rushed, and he didn't look as cool.

• Brohoof 1

1. Amazing Spider 2
  2. Homecoming (Tom is the BEST spider-man)
  3. Spider-Man
  4. SpiderVerse
  5. Spider-Man Far far Home
  6. Spider-Man 2/3
  7. Amazing Spider-man (terrible plot and lots of awkward acting moments from these actors/actresses.
  • Brohoof 1

Into the spider verse 

Amazing spider man 

Spiderman 2

Spiderman 

Amazing Spiderman  2 

Spiderman homecoming 

spiderman 3 

I never saw spidrrman far from home... 

• Brohoof 1