I want to promote a solution for blogs:

image.thumb.png.72347e0e1ba3de3ecc30c6689fb82ce6.png

It would be possible to make them opt-in only. I suppose you can't add groups to a blog as a permission, but it could be simply a pinned topic created in DS for all who volunteer to get added to all kind of political blogs. Getting added does not include to following and getting notifications for it, AFAIK.

Or people asking for interested people on their profiles.

2 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

I believe that we got our answer. Political skirmishes aren't allowed outside the debate pit. You'll still be able to talk about stuff that is or can become political in nature, but you won't be able to roll out in full battle gear unless you are going spelunking.

Nailed it! 

24 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Nailed it! 

Just wanted to let you know this helped clean quite some things up! Thought it wouldn't hurt to communicate that.

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I also will never understand people who choose to leave this wonderful place <without stating why>.

To me, logic dictates that if one were to leave this friendly MLP forum, they must have found a better alternative where they can relax and get away from the difficult lives that we are all facing.
Only, there are very little places to go to that aren't reminding us of the difficult lives that we are all facing in the first place. Instead, making statuses and blogs telling others that they are leaving, is nothing more than trying to bring attention to some problem or issue, but without stating the problem or issue. It is confusing. It makes people upset and sad, to lose their friends. Why would you want to make your friends upset?

people are free to go whenever they feel this place is not doing it for them anymore, they don't owe explanations and guilt tripping won't change that, you will see more go now that FIM is over that's innevitable, i think you're reading too much into it

• Brohoof 2
  • Pondering 1

Excuse me for asking this incredibly obvious question but I need clarification. 

Please refrain from talking about politics, religion and other highly sensitive topics in blogs, status updates or topics that are not located inside the Debate Symposium.

Does this mean we can’t post anything relating to these topics outside of the DS or only if it already exists as a topic in there? Whatever the rule is, it won’t be an issue for me. I steer away from topics like these altogether. I just wanted to make sure ~

(edited)
14 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

Fret not, little peach. *ahem*. Please refrain from talking about politics, religion and other highly sensitive topics in blogs, status updates

Wait you can put blogs in the debate symposium. Or did I read it wrong.

Yeah I agree a lot of people come here to escape and for hugs and all. It's an MLP forum not a debate and discussion centre as such. Unless it's about debating the show lol. 

I find discussion interesting but they all too often escalate into just people bashing you, when all I want tbh is to hear each persons opinion individually. It's sort of the nature of those kind of posts unless you have the culture of respect (which I don't see often it usually exists more in small groups) and it helps to have uh similar views but there is a big variation. And there is not much attempt for people to take a middle ground or find the good even in flawed arguments.  I know forums and chat groups in which discussion is actually clear and clean. But those ones usually feel more like family like. And there is an air of calmness and respect. Honestly the word debate just makes it worse because it implies argument and bringing out the worst and most polarising things rather than just discussing real issues or news. At least that is what it implies to me and encourages.

On the other hand I think religion in certain contexts is fine (and I see that has been clarified)

I mostly see US politics anyway which I don't follow in the closest detail at least when it comes to party politics (as much as I do follow the highlights) seeing as it's not my country hehe

Edited by flurry

Badges

Well, I'm not sure what to expect at this point.

Sadly, part of this may be my fault. I don't post political stuff on my wall, but on many occasions I've (presumably on deaf ears) recommended certain posts to go to blog instead, and I've seen a few recommendations from mods for similar. Far too often, the DS has become a place for people to drop a video link to some youtuber about something barely related to the discussion, or post a link to an article, leave one completely uninformative ranty sentence about it," and then ignore anyone who responds to it. In other words, the DS has regularly been treated like a Facebook wall. Now that it's actually forbidden for users to put these posts where they logically belong, I suspect the trollish problems in DS will be exasperated even further.

16 hours ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

Does this mean we can’t post anything relating to these topics outside of the DS or only if it already exists as a topic in there? Whatever the rule is, it won’t be an issue for me. I steer away from topics like these altogether. I just wanted to make sure ~ 

Does this help?

https://mlpforums.com/topic/191440-a-matter-of-sensitive-topics/?do=findComment&comment=5839398