Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever taken a souvenir from somewhere?

Reecejackox

Yes and no. I frequently bring things I find neat home from places I've visited, but I don't travel all that much. Most common things I bring back is a nifty rock and if I do actually go somewhere, I try a local treat like candy or icecream. I'll also collect shot glasses but most of mine were gifts brought back by my parents. Usually I'll get something or eat somewhere for both the memory, and to contribute just a little bit to the local economy.

As for shells from the beach, I do that, but I should probably give something back because I once brought 50lbs of sand dollars back from the coast. I stayed at a cabin overnight with some cousins and the next day we walked along the shore and they were everywhere! My mom was taking a pottery class at a community college at the time and thought they'd be good for a project so I let her take them with her to class. She never actually did anything with them though and forgot to bring them back over a break between semesters or whatever, and the custodian's job during that time includes clearing out everything left behind in the lockers, so they got thrown out .

Mostly shells when I lived near the beach(both east and west coast US), this one time during a storm by my aunt's house some power lines got knocked down and made glass on the sidewalk, I still have that piece of glass somewhere.  Also some pretty pebbles I see on people's driveways when I'm out for a walk, or whenever I see feathers I pick them up.  As for actual souvenirs from shops?  I have a few bracelets, some of those plastic street signs, a ticket from when I saw a movie in the film fest in Toronto a few years back if that counts?  I also have a small glass bottle filled with sand and small shells from myrtle beach when my mom had a conference over there one year(she's a doctor so she has to go to some of these things).

Like stealing? I once took Mona Lisa from the French, and replaced it with a replica.

Turned out the replica was actually the real one, and the one I took was the fake :baconmane:

I brought a cool looking rock home that I found in the Swiss Alps.  

I ended up giving it to a coworker who has a collection of rocks people give her from around the world. 

When I went to Fort Myers Beach, Florida in August of 2019 I found a dead starfish in the shallow water near this cove of trees on the beach we were swimming at, so I kept it and took it home with me! :D Now it's a neat natural aquatic souvenir that I have on display on one of my desk shelves :fluttershy: 

Of course. Lots of times.

When my family went to Alaska we went to this gold mine tour. They had lots of fossils that were dug up behind a low fence. I thought why leave such a big pile of cool stuff just sitting there? So when the tour moved on I jumped the fence and grabbed one. :sneer: It's a fairly large tooth from a mammoth or something. 

I've got small ocean shaped driftwood from 7 out of 9 beaches I've visited.

The very first one was from a small island in the Philippines that we rowed an outrigger boat out to for a campfire BBQ, we had collected branches for the fire and I happened to see this rounded piece of flat wood that looked like it was professionally sanded it was so intricate and cool I gave it a forever home.

Here's an unusual one: Once at the beach I found a nearly complete molted crab exoskeleton, which was too cool to pass up.

Somehow I've never found any "natural" seashells that wowed me more than storebought ones.

I took a leaf from a small tree at Disneyland and have kept in my wallet since I was 6 years old. I also kept a leaf from where I used to live in Virginia, and another from Epcot. I guess having something that was a living part of a place I love is a tangible way to remember it.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...