Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Commercials you hate

ggg-2

Almost all insurance commericals. They are one of the main reasons for the idiotic commercial trend of "Be as wacky as possible or just spam our catchphrase 50 billion times" and it is annoying. Not to mention they are always so damn cheeky about you paying tons of money that you have to pay if you want any kind of safety net. Gieco takes the cake for being the worst of them all in these regards. Even Allstate, which used to be pretty good at simply doing a good job describing their service for people, has devolved into spamming a slogan over and over. Essentially, Insurance commercials are a lot like Super Bowl commercials just on a smaller scale and I can't stand SB commercials.

• Brohoof 1

This commercial was horribly annoying back when it was on, and it's pretty clear to see just from watching it for even a few seconds. Lol

• Brohoof 2

Any commercial with singing kids

LIKE FUCKING KIDS BOP. NO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU RUIN GOOD SONGS OR MAKE BAD ONES WORSE

FUCKING ZOO PALS! FUCK YOU AND YOUR ANNOYING SONG

• Brohoof 1

The Sprite Cranberry commercial drives me insane every year. I'm a Grinch up until the week before Christmas, and while I appreciate the effort that went into the stop motion, I get the ad on every single video I watched, and when Youtube had that 2 ads at the start of each video phase, I would sometimes get it back to back.

Currently, my least favorites are the Lizzo cover of the Beatles "Altogether Now" for Facebook Messenger, and whatever the hell is playing "There's A Better Day Coming."

Ads for me haven't been too bad on Youtube recently because I haven't answered any surveys in forever and I'm just not getting many. But as a result every ad is clearly a result of tracking cookies from elsewhere or whatever directly spying on me. The ads really getting to me now are from the TV when we go watch it at my Girlfriend's parents. Her least favorite was the Microsoft Teams ad prior to the current one, because of it being overplayed and this one lady's pauses and pronunciation.

(edited)

When I was a kid, I used to really hate those Reeses' Puff commercials with the rap songs mostly because for lack of a better word I found it cringey as hell.

Not sure if there's really any commercials now that I hate (tbh I don't watch a lot of live TV nowadays other than Simpsons re-runs on FXX) but that one has always came to mind.

Edited by SuperNESBrony

I hate any ads about mobile games that pop up on the Youtube videos I watch. Though, there are some ads from businesses in my area, they're not anywhere as terrible as the mobile games.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Pretty much every single ad on television. I dont really watch TV anymore 'cuz I cant stand ad's (ESPECIALLY when I'm watching the V8 Supercars). If I'm down-stairs and I'm watching the TV, I have to hit the mute button. 99% of the time, it's just junk and MOST of them are ANNOYING to listen to. They'll advertise products that nobody wants, sometimes they'll advertise useless products made in china for 2 whole minutes (if I was in power, I'd make it so they can advertise for 16 seconds. if it's more than that, it'll be taken off the air), Insurance (I. F*CKING. HATE. THOSE. ADS. Jesus. they annoy me the most. EVERY SINGLE AD BREAK HAS ONE and the word alone annoys the hell outta me. Advertise something else FFS!!! Advertise something that people WANT instead of trying to suck the pennies out of people. If it was up to me, I would BAN those commercials!!!) and sometimes, they have the same advert in the same ad break (I'd make it so you CANT have the same advert in a single ad break). Not only that, most of the ad breaks we have here in Australia are 4 - 5 mins long, with channel 7 being THE biggest offender (I hope that channel gets taken down someday...) They show 4 - 6 mins of the show they're broad-casting and then they cut to a 4 - 5 minute ad break. That's why I spend most of my time watching stuff on youtube with my ad-block ON. IMO, youtube shouldn't even have ads on there. Also, I hate commercials where they repeat the same word over and over again. I feel as if things have gotten worse in the 2010's. There's too much advertising on TV and they SERIOUSLY need to cut down on it (Like, make the ad breaks 1 - 2 mins long. 3 the most, and have one like, every 12 - 15 mins, like what SBS is doing). I'm pretty sure there wasn't THIS much advertising back in the 90's / 2000's. I mean, the vast majority of people watch cable TV or have some sort of subscription to escape all the advertising that's on TV. Well, that and the fact that there's nothing on TV nowadays. I swear to god, these adverts are becoming more annoying every year... 

@Kyoshi THANK YOU!!! :laugh: I'm glad I'm not the only one who HATES those commercials!!! :3

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 1

On 6/29/2020 at 8:24 PM, ggg-2 said:

For me, it'd have to be that Trolli commercial with the wooden man. Yknow, this one: 

Oh GOD that commercial played like constantly a few months ago. Like every commercial break had it at least ONCE. 

• Brohoof 1

On 6/30/2020 at 12:40 PM, AppleButt said:

Charmin.  Creeps me out.  Like what kind of family focuses on wiping their ass like that? 

The worst one is when the son sings about how clean his butt is

There's one commercial on the radio in the Netherlands for Social Deal, that just seems to be designed to make me hate their brand with a vengeance. It basically opens with a guy really loudly saying SOOOOOOOOOOO, in the most annoying tone of voice possible. It's always louder than whatever commercial preceded it, and it never fails to piss me off. It's one of the main reasons I now just mute the radio when the commercials are on whenever I'm not listening to my own music.