Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long do you plan on staying active here?

Venomous

(edited)

My experience is that there's no way to know how long I'll be active on a forum/chat until I've either long since forgotten it exists, or one day the local moderators tell me I get to be a princess moderator too and it hits me that I've been active for years.

Realistically, there's only so many ways to say "ponies are cute!", and I tend to have better luck on chat rooms than on forums for discussion/friendmaking in the long run, so I may only be here long enough to find links to stuff that holds my interest longer. Or maybe this will be the exception; no way to find that special someplace without trying out a bunch of different places for a while.

Edited by Ixrec
  • Brohoof 2

I see myself staying here for a long time.

However, I will be gone for about 22 weeks (or more) because I'm shipping out starting July 7th. When I get settled I will inevitably return to the forums and do the thing I normally do.

I'm a long-haul kinda fan, so I don't see me truly leaving. There's just less for me to talk about at the moment. :)

• Brohoof 4

If I haven’t left in the majority of the time I spent here quietly with few friends, I have no intention of leaving any time soon as long as I have people here who care about me and I care for in kind. If something really bad happens and coming here stirs up foul memories, maybe. But if I just out of the blue vanish one day, assume that I am dead before you assume I left.

2 hours ago, Schattenherz said:

I'm here for the very few friends I have.

And you make those friends all the more grateful to have you here! 

• Brohoof 5

I plan to stay here for a long time, because I've made many friends on here and I enjoy posting here! :grin:
Every once in awhile though I might take a break from these forums, but I don't intend to leave anytime soon.

• Brohoof 4

I plan to be here until the site shuts down or I die, whichever comes first (given my blatant disregard for safety, those situations are probably equally likely). I've checked in here almost every day for the past year and a half. It's kind of become more of a home than my actual home.

• Brohoof 3

I’d probs here for a while, maybe even years. I may not be very active at times, but I’ll always check in to see how friends are doing and to make new friends.

And yeah a full G5 would really boost the popularity of this site and hopefully bring back old members of this forum.

• Brohoof 3

I don't know what I'm doing on a Brony forum, especially all of these years later, but I'm here. I don't often 'leave' forums. I usually just forget, or lose so much interest that I become a lurker who posts like once every month if even that. Lol. IIRC, the only forums I have actually left were forums I was really active on when I was a teenager, and wanted to leave behind my teenage years because I was kinda a mess.

• Brohoof 4

I was planning to leave then I figure  that there's so much memories and great people here that I can't leave it all behind. So yes, I will be staying here as long as this mlpf stand.  This is the best forum and it would be a shame and waste for me to leave it. 

• Brohoof 2

It's been 1 year since I made my first post here, and I didn't make that post so that I could just leave.

But if I were to leave one day, I want a nicer badge than this: pip_banished.png.a3043b44ac95d6095e77d83:dash: Something more princess-like-worthy?

2 minutes ago, Splashee said:

It's been 1 year since I made my first post here, and I didn't make that post so that I could just leave.

But if I were to leave one day, I want a nicer badge than this: pip_banished.png.a3043b44ac95d6095e77d83:dash: Something more princess-like-worthy?

Are you kidding? There's nothing more princess-like-worthy than being banished to the moon!

• Brohoof 1

Till I get bored I guess. Some people can get so aggravating enough for me to take a short break but it never went beyond that. And if I ever leave don't feel the need to make a huge "I'm leaving" post, probably just leaving without saying anything

• Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, Megas said:

probably just leaving without saying anything

That's actually pretty much exactly what I did in October of 2018, I just uh...... stopped logging in and I didn't come back until March/April of this year :wacko:

I'm not really sure why I left in the first place, I think I just kinda got board with the site and I also had a bad experience with a certain forum member that just left a bad taste in my mouth, so I left and I didn't come back for a whole year and half. But I still came back, I couldn't be kept away forever! :D

I'm glad that I came back, I've met so many new ponies and I've actually gotten closer with some of my older friends from before I left that accepted me back onto the site with warm hugs! Now I don't plan on leaving this site anytime soon, I can't be away from all my friends! :wub: 

I'm sticking around at least for the forseeable future.  Probably because this is the forum where I first promoted my fangame (still in development---going to do a release with melee attacks soon!)

• Brohoof 2

I've logged in almost every day since I joined, which was almost three years ago. I don't seriously see myself leaving, unless the site becomes unbearably inactive or something along those lines.

• Brohoof 2

Turns out I'm a pretty big lurker, I don't usually have much to add to a discussion. Though I like to read on people's opinions and thoughts about things which keep me coming back. I wouldn't say I have a define time, but not soon. :muffins:

I don't really understand the "I'm getting bored of this so I have decided to leave forever bye everyone!" thing. If I get bored I get bored and I won't visit as often. Whether I visit once a month or once a year doesn't really matter, I could still "come back" and be more active later on if I ever find the motivation. The only time I would make such a decision to not come back is if something on the site pissed me off or whatever.

Years ago i was active and post content until i realized its not good enough. Several years ago i outraged when mods kills conversation about how to improve art. Then i flew over here after every 2 or 3 months. Mostly over merchandise topics.
LIkely i stay fan forever, MLP are just very good creation. Despite i have not brony friends and never felt being along the fandom. Maybe its about my oge oi have just bad character.