Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Odd things that exist in MLP

Ixrec

(edited)

Name anything that some piece of official G4 media has confirmed or implied exists in the MLP:FiM world which stuck you as odd, unexpected and/or intriguing, and where it was confirmed/implied.

For me:

- Sudoku exists, according to Autumn Blaze in the lyrics of A Kirin Tale

Edited by Ixrec
  • Brohoof 1

Season 1, Episode 14, "Suited for Success" has the famous line of Fluttershy asking Rarity for French Haute Couture which implies some variant of France exists. This is implied again in Season 2, Episode 24, "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" by the heavily accented and aptly named, Gustave Le Grand and his cooking. While we never see a region specified to be the world of MLP's equivalent for the nation, the fact that Equestria was originally designed as a ponified version of North America, and the geographical location of the Griffons, shows that they may very well represent various peoples of Europe.

More so than anything I thing, is the dessert like location of Our Town, despite being located between what would be considered New England, and the Great Lakes.

@cuteycindyhoney Also the concept of religion within Equestria as provided by the charades guess from Season 8, Episode 7, "Horse Play" of Celestia portraying disestablishmentarianism, the opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England. Praise be to the sun goddess!

• Brohoof 2

Quantum physics is a thing in Equestria, as mentioned by Twilight in The Hooffields and McColts. Also, ponies measure in feet for some reason. I wonder whose feet.

• Brohoof 2

Ponies drinking potions from under their sinks and getting hallucinations, and also eating toys.

Pony Life is G4 right?

• Brohoof 1

Apparently, there used to be cars in the pony world...

bscap0020.png.b262a3b7c7d22c5b4521561b9c4c8c40.png

Either that or it's a really BIG horseshoe.

Not to mention video game arcades...
bscap0021.jpg.8130e75a1270e2053c6f06cc5c0d29cb.jpg

...and death. Yup, that's a casket.
bscap0022.jpg.d98b08f52fa9781959314837363b6158.jpg

Don't look quite so happy, Sweetie Belle! :(

• Brohoof 6

3 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

Apparently, there used to be cars in the pony world...

bscap0020.png.b262a3b7c7d22c5b4521561b9c4c8c40.png

Either that or it's a really BIG horseshoe.

Not to mention video game arcades...
bscap0021.jpg.8130e75a1270e2053c6f06cc5c0d29cb.jpg

...and death. Yup, that's a casket.
bscap0022.jpg.d98b08f52fa9781959314837363b6158.jpg

Don't look quite so happy, Sweetie Belle! :(

Where are the arcade machines even plugged into? The trees?!

• Brohoof 1

We also know for sure that some of Equestria's seemingly electromechanical devices are at least partially magic-powered and don't need to be plugged into to any kind of power distribution grid, so I've always assumed that most of what looks like 20th century tech to us is really "just" magic-mechanical.

At least, that seems more humane than trapping electricity bugs in a tiny box for ponies' entertainment. :(

• Brohoof 2

Endless of books. Considered almost no one reads in Equestria except Twilight, having libraries and books in the million, an written by hooves or magic horns, is just weird to me. What is it that is worth writing about?

• Brohoof 1

Didn't Rainbow Dash mention a bullet at one point---I think it was the episode where she got Tank for the first time? 

I mean, my headcanon is that weapons that we'd consider modern are just Science Fiction in the ponies' universe, but RD's line implies they've at least heard of firearms...even though the Equestrian military has never been seen using gunpowder for anything.

• Brohoof 2

They raise pigs. And if they didn’t raise pigs to eat them, then it’s even more wired.

Saddles and horse bits in Rarity’s boutique. Are they for what I think they are?

Hayburgers, hayfries, daisy sandwiches, carrot dogs. I get that it’s horse land, but Spike seems to enjoy them too.

They have racism and a politically made up pronouns.