Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

King Sombra looks like a vampire?

Dragonite

Fangs, red eyes, broad reaching powers, evil aura. He certainly fills out a fair portion of the checklist, but if anything he's more likely to fly too close to the sun than shy away from it.

• Brohoof 1

He looks "evil", so to speak. He's designed to look that way to quickly establish a plot for a season premiere, that needs no more than a few minutes max, to show him before he is defeated.

If anyone was expecting him to return, he would be designed slightly less than that. No need to have every bit of his look tell that he is evil.

Vampires are associated with evil. So is red eyes. As well as sharp knife looking horn. And a dark mane.

9 hours ago, Antagonist 🦹♂️ said:

Billy Corgan: "♪ That colt is a vampire! ♪"

DESPITE ALL HIS RAGE HE IS STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE 

Wow, that sums up the state of Sombra right now disturbingly well. :maud: On topic, yes, he does look kind of like a vampire and I'm pretty sure it's intentional. Sombra shares some mild similarities with Nightmare Moon in appearance, another character who has appeared with fangs and is even associated with bat ponies. Some people even refer to S9 Sombra as "Dracula pony". 

(edited)

You can say he is pony dracula, or maybe some evil spirit\demon, he was summoned with a summoning circle from the ether after(maybe he was turned to some evil spirit after celestia and luna defeated him or after the crystal heart destroyed him if he wasn't a demon from the beginning) and discord did say he could return him to the ether(I mean maybe he was bluffing but he did bring him back so...).  

large.thumb.png.7d1fe64dabc483edc2ea3f5790eaa853.png

Edited by Rushing cash

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's funny when I see a topic and forgot I've already commented on it.

Something else I'd like to say is back when season 3 was airing, I had a dream where he had escaped and hidden himself deep within a cave, only to find a whole secret batpony civilization no one knew of. He manages to take control and just like that is able to form an army to try and take the Crystal Empire back.

• 2 weeks later...