Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games might cost $70 next gen.

CastletonSnob

This is why I like Indie games more, cause they're so much cheaper. Most of the games I buy these days cost around $15-$30. Of course you don't get as many hours out of them but as someone who doesn't play games that much anyways, smaller games are better for me.

Consoles are crazily expensive too. I thought about buying a Switch lite but I realized there are so many PC games I can get instead with that $200 - and that's without even buying any Switch games!

As long as the games are worth the money, they can cost whatever.

It is when you are being cheated with bad products that the price should not be $70

• 2 weeks later...

Games were already expensive to begin with. Remember back when games costed 25 cents just to play Pac-Man at the arcade?

I know that's a whole different concept but the main idea is that games have evolved over generations. I'm only speculating here, I am no expert on statistics.

I would give this Situation the benefit of a doubt and assume they increase the price because of the quality step up that comes with a new console generation. Since the quality and probably also the hard work that is put in some games is increasing, they probably deserve/need a bit of extra money and i am happily giving it to them.

I mean maybe there is the chance that the price increase is not neccessary but i would go that route, i could just start to not trusting anyone anymore and stop supporting anything all together. However i think a step up in quality justifies a step up in price anyway, regardless if its really neccessary.

It makes sense. I mean, there's many games I would've gladly paid $70 for. Some games really are worth $100+.

If that upfront cost is too much, there's always the second hand market. Plus, there's bunches of indie games, too o:

• Brohoof 1