Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - July-August 2020

Nightmare Rarity

The theme of this month is Majestic Darkness so naturally i was chosen to present it, take your favorite character and bathe them in the glory of the night and the nightmare forces, let us see what beauty lies in their deepest desires, hidden and unseen out of fear of judgment, free those caged thoughts and let them sparkle like the stars in reflecting in the nocturnal ocean 
 For obvious reasons myself, Luna and Stygian are not legible for this contest, and do not dare defile the calm beauty of the night with nsfw material, forum rules still apply
 Post your entries in this thread, the deadline is at the end of August

• Brohoof 9

• The topic was featured

ooohhh, now that's my kind of art style, darkness :nom: I will definitely draw for this contest! 

Spoiler

Hmm I sense a nightmare-fied Tempest Shadow coming..

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
54 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Wait, are we not allowed to draw Luna, Stygian, etc. or am I misreading that?

Cause they already have their Nightmare/consumed by darkness forms. The contest is for everyone to make their own Nightmare-ified versions of other ponies.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Are OCs allowed or only canon? I'm just asking. I'm very interested to join this art contest. 

Some would be so much fun, but would be difficult to uniquely represent the nightmare theme. Knowing exactly everything about someone's OC is required. At least every Canon pony character is known by every contestants and the judges of the competition.

What about Celestia and Daybreaker? I would say they are included in the "not legible" group since they are already a nightmare. The competition seems to indicate we have to draw a unique nightmare look for a known pony in the show.

This is my take on this.

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

What about Celestia and Daybreaker? I would say they are included in the "not legible" group since they are already a nightmare. The competition seems to indicate we have to draw a unique nightmare look for a known pony in the show.

This is my take on this.

Tbh, that is what I'm thinking too. But it can also be said that Daybreaker is light- and fire-oriented (instead of dark), and since the contest calls for a darkness/shadowed theme, a more darkness or shadow-possessed Celestia (as an alternate to Daybreaker) might be acceptable? :mlp_ooh:

That's just a thought I had and wanted to ask for clarification in case anyone else is thinking along that line.

Okay, so canon characters only and not OCs. Nightmare version like Nightmare Moon or Nightmare Rarity, but those two along with Stygian can't be used as they already have Nightmare/Dark forms. That about sum it up? Forgive me for asking it again, but I'm one of those people that sometimes needs to be entirely clear on something before i actually get it. ^_^;

• Brohoof 1

I really like the idea behind this. The deadline is pretty generous, so I might be able to go through a couple of different concepts for this.

1 hour ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Okay, so canon characters only and not OCs. Nightmare version like Nightmare Moon or Nightmare Rarity, but those two along with Stygian can't be used as they already have Nightmare/Dark forms. That about sum it up? Forgive me for asking it again, but I'm one of those people that sometimes needs to be entirely clear on something before i actually get it. ^_^;

Same as me. 

13 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Wait, are we not allowed to draw Luna, Stygian, etc. or am I misreading that?

those already have nightmare forms so they're out

8 hours ago, Blackfire Blaze said:

Pardon the inquiry, your Majestic Darkness, but by those guidelines would Princess Celestia/Day Breaker also be ineligible?

you can still draw dark Celestia of the night etc

9 hours ago, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

Are OCs allowed or only canon? I'm just asking. I'm very interested to join this art contest. 

yes, OCs are allowed as long as they fit in the fim universe (ponies zebras, griffons etc)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Darkness consumed fluttershy with angel the devil bunny at her side( i tried )

Spoiler

809125794_darkshy.thumb.png.dd226583ef25344d6614614a8e66dc49.png

Spoiler

Edited by Pandora
  • Brohoof 12

7 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

yes, OCs are allowed as long as they fit in the fim universe (ponies zebras, griffons etc)

Sweet! I could do my sona if I felt like it! She's an earth pony. Either way, I'm glad it's a long deadline. I need to think about what to make.

One more question; is it only one entry per person?

10 hours ago, Gaines said:

Do I tag/@ anyone after I submit my drawing? :huh:

I don’t think so; I think all you have to do is post the submission in this thread. :BrightMacContent:

11 hours ago, Gaines said:

Do I tag/@ anyone after I submit my drawing? :huh:

there is no need, once the deadline comes i will check all the drawings in this thread

• Brohoof 2

This isn't a typical nightmare-themed pony, but I didn't feel like drawing Pinkie with a black coat or angular features. (And yes, this is a reference to the cover of Past Sins.) Maybe think of this as her in the midst of transformation. :twismile:

nightmare pie2.png

• Brohoof 10