Nightmare Rarity

Art Contest - July-August 2020

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

This isn't a typical nightmare-themed pony, but I didn't feel like drawing Pinkie with a black coat or angular features. (And yes, this is a reference to the cover of Past Sins.) Maybe think of this as her in the midst of transformation. :twismile:

nightmare pie2.png

Nice....im actually making pinkie pie aswell... DAWWW! 

What i did is just put black armor in Pinkie..because i don't want her to have a darker color and still have princess of chaos on her...

  • Brohoof 3
  • Excited 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Oooooo! I know who I want to draw! :pinkie:

(Hint: It's not Celestia or Ahuizotl.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done with one! Tried a hand at Nightmare Lightning Dust :ithastolookpretty: Open the spoiler to be mystified~
I think this came out quite well! I'm definitely gonna try to nightmare-ify other ponies as well :mlp_yeehaa:
 

Spoiler

nightmare-2.png

 

  • Brohoof 14
  • Yay 2
  • Smile 1
  • Excited 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Gaines said:

Done with one! Tried a hand at Nightmare Lightning Dust :ithastolookpretty: Open the spoiler to be mystified~
I think this came out quite well! I'm definitely gonna try to nightmare-ify other ponies as well :mlp_yeehaa:
 

  Hide contents

nightmare-2.png

 

Nightmare Lightning Dust looks cool! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine kinda went weird.... Gonna make another one...but lets not waste it.sketch-1594955330430.thumb.jpg.23544f78323207372a75d74553d9a8b1.jpg

  • Brohoof 11
  • Yay 1
  • Smile 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Kujamih

Looks super cool to me :0 it's meant to be scary right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 7/9/2020 at 9:45 PM, Nightmare Rarity said:

 The theme of this month is Majestic Darkness so naturally i was chosen to present it, take your favorite character and bathe them in the glory of the night and the nightmare forces, let us see what beauty lies in their deepest desires, hidden and unseen out of fear of judgment, free those caged thoughts and let them sparkle like the stars in reflecting in the nocturnal ocean 
 For obvious reasons myself, Luna and Stygian are not legible for this contest, and do not dare defile the calm beauty of the night with nsfw material, forum rules still apply
 Post your entries in this thread, the deadline is at the end of August
 

Hol on! Can we do non ponies? I know you said faorite but I honestly see only folks talk about ponies (I might have skimmed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ PON3/Vinyl Scratch Nightmare versionnight.thumb.png.e33cd237a704f4b630bceb475cf9a0d6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 7/17/2020 at 5:34 AM, Gaines said:

Done with one! Tried a hand at Nightmare Lightning Dust :ithastolookpretty: Open the spoiler to be mystified~
I think this came out quite well! I'm definitely gonna try to nightmare-ify other ponies as well :mlp_yeehaa:
 

  Hide contents

nightmare-2.png

 

This one’s a winner to me :3 it’s pretty

  • teacup 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the line art in mine! I can start coloring once my work week is over!

I’m so excited to share!! X3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deadline is first September right? Maybe I will find some spare time to participate :huh: I haven't had much luck in the past with these completions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Onion Splash said:

Deadline is first September right? Maybe I will find some spare time to participate :huh: I haven't had much luck in the past with these completions

Are you Splashee? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Onion Splash said:

Deadline is first September right? Maybe I will find some spare time to participate :huh: I haven't had much luck in the past with these completions

Me either. I always lose. But ONE DAY... MUWHAHAHA!!

  • Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Created another one! Under the spoiler is Nightmare Sunburst :LunaMCM:
I'm proud of how this one turned out as well :D

Spoiler

nightmare-sun-2.png

 

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 12
  • Yay 2
  • Smile 1
  • Excited 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gaines said:

Created another one! Under the spoiler is Nightmare Sunburst :LunaMCM:
I'm proud of how this one turned out as well :D

  Hide contents

nightmare-sun-2.png

Omigosh he looks so good!

Ugh, it makes me sad though... he looks like he’s just so sad and jaded.

Wish I didn’t have to work. I probably already have the base colors done by now. B(

  • Brohoof 2
  • Hug 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Gaines said:

Created another one! Under the spoiler is Nightmare Sunburst :LunaMCM:
I'm proud of how this one turned out as well :D

Aaah, your designs are so fantastic! :yay:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Ugh, it makes me sad though... he looks like he’s just so sad and jaded.

I don't think anypony who isn't a villain wants to turn into a monster of the night :worry:

Edited by Gaines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Gaines said:

I don't think anypony who isn't a villain wants to turn into a monster of the night :worry:

So what made you decide to darken his hair instead of keep it the original color like your Nightmare Dust?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

So what made you decide to darken his hair instead of keep it the original color like your Nightmare Dust?

I figured that if he had a dark coat and light warm hair it would look too similar to Lightning Dust. But since that idea was scratched I didn't know what to do with the color palette. So I put various dark filters over his original design to get new ideas. I eventually inverted his original design's colors because I remembered that the opposite of orange is blue :LunaMCM: and so, using what a learned from the dark filters and stealing a couple colors from the inverted edit, the final palette for Nightmare Moonburst emerged :ithastolookpretty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gaines said:

I figured that if he had a dark coat and light warm hair it would look too similar to Lightning Dust. But since that idea was scratched I didn't know what to do with the color palette. So I put various dark filters over his original design to get new ideas. I eventually inverted his original design's colors because I remembered that the opposite of orange is blue :LunaMCM: and so, using what a learned from the dark filters and stealing a couple colors from the inverted edit, the final palette for Nightmare Moonburst emerged :ithastolookpretty:

Ooooo, very clever! Good job! :squee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 7/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, Gaines said:

Done with one! Tried a hand at Nightmare Lightning Dust :ithastolookpretty: Open the spoiler to be mystified~
I think this came out quite well! I'm definitely gonna try to nightmare-ify other ponies as well :mlp_yeehaa:
 

  Hide contents

nightmare-2.png

 

Hot damn. Quite cool!

Just as Luna's Nightmare was fueled by her feelings of rejection and envy, I'm betting Lightning's fueled by all her enmity at Spitfire, Rainbow,and the other Wonderbolts, as well as her failure involving them and bitterness about being turned away for her actions, and the Nightmare energy giving her the percieved promise of being the ultimate flier in the world.

And you know Dash is going to be the one to break her out of that form.

Edited by Toastypk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

UUUHHHHHH I did my best With 

Spoiler

Flurry Heart... Also aged her up

1430011286_NightmareFlurryHeart.thumb.png.599b6dc468e819808a14ff41e2fbebe5.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CameoShadowness said:

UUUHHHHHH I did my best With 

  Hide contents

Flurry Heart... Also aged her up

1430011286_NightmareFlurryHeart.thumb.png.599b6dc468e819808a14ff41e2fbebe5.png

 

This one looks like it belongs in an art museum XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 hours ago, Kujamih said:

This one looks like it belongs in an art museum XD

kydhgsA Doubt that but thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.