Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - July-August 2020

Nightmare Rarity

7 minutes ago, Scarlet stellpen said:

Fluttershy bearing the Nightmare Crown evolve to ... Nightmare Fluttershy  (or should we say Flutternight) !

Nice background! Like the cracks in the walls and steps.

56 minutes ago, Scarlet stellpen said:

Fluttershy bearing the Nightmare Crown evolve to ... Nightmare Fluttershy  (or should we say Flutternight) !

Very cool drawing! Nice job

A lot of entries this time :o

It is still time left, and knowing the best one pops up the last day or so, my strategy is to stress the competition a little :Pharynx:

Here's my entry (probably the only one I'll submit).

Now imagine this. You mentored two of the most powerful ponies in known existence, mentored one of the founders of Equestria, possibly even mentored the one that took down Grogar. You were responsible for the creation of over 200 spells, capable of ripping the very fabric of reality open to banish powerful foes to another dimension, powerful enough to create artifacts letting you travel to parallel worlds on a whim, and even befriended one of the greatest threats to the known world. You were revered, loved, famous. You were powerful and ponies flocked to you by the thousands for your advice, and were deemed one of the Pillars of the ancient world, and you would do anything to protect it no matter the cost.

Now imagine you woke up over a thousand years ahead of your own time. Your name is forgotten: ponies no longer know your face, your deeds, or anything. Your knowledge was locked away from the world for fear of its misuse, and the sands of time gradually erased you from relevance.

How would you handle it? Would you humbly accept your fate and travel to learn about this new world while you travel and help others? Or would you grow jaded that nopony remembers you? Would you seek to claim the recognition you deserve, through whatever means necessary? Would you horde knowledge and seek power to remind the world of who you are?

And what happens, in your quest for knowledge and power, when you take things too far?

Well, all you have to do is look at this poor soul who, lost in the darkness of his heart and mind of his fear that history forgot him, fell to the Nightmare.

1950374524_2020AugustNighmareContest-mlpforum.thumb.png.0af331e0417d7b91d9162b97e7af04be.png

(It's Star Swirl :D )

Edited by MidnightFire1222
  • Brohoof 5

On 8/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, Windy Breeze 🥧 said:

I have no idea why I choose Vapor Trail but i think her transformation has something to do with Sky Stinger.

Untitled412.thumb.jpg.500ad0c07b35931bad6b0390a5a83f8c.jpg

Pretty :o

3 hours ago, Splashee® said:

I decided to use @ExplosionMare's OC (with permission) Granite Rose's hallucination known as “Thorns”:

Splashee%20-%20Thorns.png

Part of the fan fic "Behind Him", I cannot think of a more fitting entry for the nightmare theme.

Aw that looks really cool! I really like the Cutie Mark, too, looks a lot better than my version.

Thanks for making the Thorns drawing and thanks for the promotion :muffins: I’ll always appreciate your art.