Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Fallout Equestria: Stable 00

Jedishy

@AuroraGlimmer 
Eldrich wakes with a slight smile getting off the sleeping area as gently as he can to avoid waking gale if he can. He digs through his saddle bags and pulls out a small pot and a precious stash of coffee grounds. He holds up the bag with a huge smile. 

" I managed to stash some coffee away for breakfast.... we gotta ration it but I think its only proper kick off our adventures with a treat. "

He manages to light a fire under his pot and starts to brew the coffee to have with the fancy buck cakes for breakfast. 

@Jedishy

Abby would smile "Great, it's been a while since we've had coffee, so this is much aprpeciated" she'd say, relaxing a little "Lets let Gail sleep in a bit more before we set out, it's been a while since she's slept this soundly" she says, munching on some of her snacks.

@AuroraGlimmer

Eldrich nods and then starts to chuckle as the smell of coffee begins to fill the room. 

" I swiped this coffee from the Overmares' personal stash. I took it out of her office as we were being given this mission. I've no idea why I did it while we were being lectured but I took it. "

He gets up and stares out of the windows of their new shelter. He watches radbits running around before flinching as one is captured and eaten by a bloatspirte. The wasteland streches before him with nothing but hope as a guide. It could not possibly get worse out there. So there must be only hope going forward. Suddenly a jarring tinny noise punched through the early morning air. An odd floating orb bobbed into view with the sound of what might be called music following it. One of the passing bloat sprites throws barbs in its direction only for a bright pink blast of magical energy to turn it to a pile of ash. 

@Jedishy

Abby would chuckle "Oh, so it's the really good stuff then? Also, that was quite brave of you, considering she guards that stache with her life" she chuckles once more before she hears the hum of the flying orb and quietly curses "Buck, what the heck are they doing around here?" she'd ask, as she'd go to her set up sniper rifle and look through her scope, taking one shot at the floating orb, seeig it go down, she'd sigh in relief. "Can you bring it in? Perhaps Gail can salvage some things from it"

@AuroraGlimmer

" Sure but on the condition that you tell me what the heck that thing is when I get back.

Eldrich heads out and walks over to the smoking remains of the bot. With a clop of his hoof, the small amount of balefire on the round that was still burning goes out. He breaths icy air on it to cool the metal and then begins to drag the bot back inside. By the time he gets it back inside he is covered in sweat and panting. His sides heave as he pants and sips on the now perfectly cooled coffee in his cup. He face hooves and looks over at Abby. 

" How rude of me I didnt even ask if you and Gail have cups to pour the coffee in. I mean help yourselves if you do but if not we can share my cup. Also, that thing is heavier than it seems. But I'm also not very strong. My falling Caesar teacher always said I hit harder than I can lift... "

Eldrich whinnies a small laugh into his cup as he sips deeply of the black mixture. The sweet taste of the Overmares pilfered coffee makes him smile. He had never taken so much as an oat cake unlawfully before. But he considered this a down payment on the cure he was asked to get. 

@Jedishy

She would nod "that thing is an Enclave Eyebot, essentially a spy bot for the Enclave, a Cabal of ponies who claim to be the federal government, not only that, but they're icredibly xenophobic and natiotionalist. Out of all the factions in the wasteland, they're one of the worst, next to the Slavers and the Legion" she explains to him "The Slavers, well, they're slavers, they cpture any unsuspecting ponies and use and sell them as slaves, as for the Legion.. they're a totaliarin dictatorship who thrive on a conquest of slavery" she would say "thoguh those two factions are more tribal, whereas the Enclave are the most technologically advanced enemy we have to contend with..they sometimes have Power Armor..so they're also the toughest, next to Deathclaws  of course" she'd say, nodding to Eldritch as he dragged the Eybot in "As for us having cups,,we do, but thanks for the offer" she'd say as she smiled, seeing Gail wake up with a stretch "Mornin' sis, we got food and thanks to Eldritch, coffee as well, oh and an Eyebot for you to salvage..but first, food"

Gail nods, stretching a bit more as cracking could be heard from her joints as she stretched "T-thank you, both of you" she would say, before eyeing the eyebot "If these things are here, then we need to move quickly I'm afraid, who knows how many more are around here" she'd say, taking some iguana and squirrel bits, munching on them, while also disecting and salvaging the eyebot.

@AuroraGlimmer
Eldrich gestures to the coffee pot as he watches Gail scavenge the bot.  

" Help yourself to some coffee. We don't have a lot but I figure our first day out is grounds enough for celebration. If we save the used grounds we can start a patch of fertile soil. Could grow plants there. Even if this is a fast trip those that get used to the wastes are often used by the stable for trips outside more often. So having a place we can keep supplies or fresh food is smart.

He dips is fancy buck cake into coffee and lets it soften the ancient food. He munched his breakfast slowly trying to plan out the best route to the first scavenge spot that Abby mentioned in his head. He takes stock of his health using his pipbucks auto health check features. He seemed over all ok. A little higher dose of rads than normal but that is the wastes for you. He should be good to go for combat if he needs to. He just cant use consistently large spells like yesterday. 

@Jedishy

Abby would nod, pouring a cup of coffee for herslef and one for Gail "That is a good point, but we will also need to make sure the area arond us is secure, maybe even find some other ponies to help secure the place, settle in it maybe" she would say, nodding and looking over to her sister with a smile "But that's for later on, I suppose"

@AuroraGlimmer 

" Indeed. I suppose we should head out? I think I saw a few minor office-looking buildings in the direction of the clinic. I am not sure if your pipbucks got any different information than mine but I dont have any labels for those buildings. So if you see a name and it doesnt pop on my screen let me know. I can try to program it in so our maps are more accurate. Do we want a day plan for when we start or stop the exploring or battle plan in case things go side ways? I mean we handled our first encounter ok but I do not want to have confusion if the hay hits the horse feathers. "

As he spoke Eldrich stocked up on his supplies and made sure his healing items were well packaged. He finally mounded the knife on his saddle bags so he could turn and grab it if he needed it quickly. Not that he wanted to go around getting into knife fights. 

@Jedishy

Abby would nod, packing up her things "We can check out those buildings if you'd like, and sure" she'd say to him, turning her attention to Gail while helping her to pack "Find anything interesting?" she'd ask, and she shakes her head "S-sorry guys, it's pretty difficult to really salvage anything from these things" she'd say "not even a map, the Enclave really like to hold their secrets close" she'd say, finishing her coffee with a shudder and then packed everything she had.

Abby would nod, picking up her pack and shouldering her rifle "Alright then, lets get going, we've got some time to go"

@AuroraGlimmer
Eldrich stepped out into the wastes once more. The skies perpetually clouded but with the occasional sunbeam finding a hole. As he looked up he had to steady himself again. The skies seemed to go on forever. So much higher than the vaults. As he regains his composure he heads forward-looking left and scans with his ESF to see if there were any hostiles in the area. Seeing nothing he starts off at a trot. He swiftly leads them to the first location he had spotted. Doing a light circle around the outside he could see the windows were all stuck shut and the back door appeared to have objects placed against it. This left one way in. 

" Do you think its a trap or just a building that was once occupied but isn't anymore? Because my ESF has nothing on it but I dont know its full range yet.

@Jedishy

Abby would look around and check her own EFS, "Nothing is coming up, just let me get set up and I'll see if I can spot anything with my scope" she says, finding a good vantage point and setting up her rifle and scope, looking through it "I'm not seeing any movement, so it appears to be safe, but I think we ought to be cautious, just in case" she'd say, packing up her rifle and putting her paw on her sidearm.

• 2 weeks later...

@Scarlet SoftPaws
Eldrich burns through the door lock with a focused flame. The lock melts away and he softly pushes the door to the building open. Ancient dust clogs his nose and he sneezes before peering inside. Nothing out of the ordinary appears as dust obscures some of the shadows. 

" Who do you want to go in first? I think Abby is right we should be cautious so let's stick together and not be more than a room apart ok? Could be totally empty but until we are more experienced maybe its best not to tempt fate.

@Jedishy

Abby would nod as they walk cautiously into the abandoned building "Sounds like a solid plan, if we stick close to each other, then we can at least regroup easily" she would say,, then look to him as Gail would then speak up "I-I can go with you Eldrich" she'd say, as Abby would giggle quietly "go on, you two" she'd say "I'll keep comms open"

@Scarlet SoftPaws
Eldrich headed inside. Carefully scanning the floor for trip wires or pressure plates. After a few steps he looks around. To the left was a set of steps. To the right were two rooms and ahead a room that clearly seemed to be a kitchen. 

"Let's not leave uninspected rooms at our flanks. We should take this first room and then move to clear the rest of the floor. Ill head in and you keep an eye on the stairs ok? Once I say clear or if you hear fighting you follow me and we search the room. Sound like a plan? "

He headed inside the room looking again for any traps but finding nothing. It was a small waiting area for whatever type of office this place used to be. It held a desk. A glowing terminal. A file cabinet and a couch. The table in front of the couch was brittle and appeared to have once held magazines that had long since crumbled to dust. 

" Clear

@Jedishy

Gail would nod as she listened to Eldritch speakabout his plan and nodded once more "A-alright, I can do that" she'd say as she would follow with him, making sure to keep an eye on the stairs to the second floor, while Abby checked one of the other rooms "Alright, this room is clear, and there is a safe.. hmmm lemme try" she would try to pick it and a few choice words could be heard from the comms "Nope, beyond my level, Gail, when you and lover boy are done, come in here and try your paw at it" she'd say with a chuckle, while a stuttering Gail would just get out "A-Abby!?"

Eldrich is totally focused on jimmying open the file cabinet. With a pop and a cloud of dust, the upper drawer gives way. Whatever records were in here were now airborne dust. He coughs and sputters staggering back a bit. Nothing but scraps of paper... He moves to the second drawer and tugs. With a soft click, it swings open. He finds what appears to be a lunch stash. Three sparkle colas, two packets of Fancy Buck cakes, and one box of insta-oats. And again a small collection of bottle caps and bits. Looking over his shoulder he sees that Gabby seems stressed. 

"What's wrong terminal giving you trouble? "

Having failed to hear Abby over the coms he was oblivious to the teasing. 

@Scarlet SoftPaws

@Jedishy

Gail would look to him "Y-you didn't hear her tease me?" she would ask but then shake her head "I got it, she just wants me to come to where she is to open a safe" she'd say to him, and nod before speaking through the comms again "We can pass the room you're in on the way to the stairs" she says, nodding to Eldritch, "got to be something good in that safe" she smiles, walking past him, her soft, fluffy tail brushing against him as she does.

Soon after, they arrive in the room where Abby was and Gail set to opening the safe "Hmm.. okay, just a sec" she'd say as she then worked on the lock and after a few moments, unlocked it and grinned "Easy as pie" she'd say, looking in and smiling as Abby looks in, picking up a Stampede she saw, slipping it to Eldritch, while she looked at the rest, "we got a 10 mm pistol, some bullets, bandages, even a first aid kit and some other medical supplies, and bottle caps, which I assume we'll add to the pool" she says, standing up, giving Eldritch the bandages and the caps, whispering "I left a few caps for Gail, not much, but something for her efforts" she smiles.

@Scarlet SoftPaws
Eldrich chuckled and agreed to Abby's plan.
Well, that leaves the kitchen on this floor. Then the upstairs. "

He heads out and into the kitchen. Most of the cabinets are open along with the fridge. There does not seem to be anything worthwhile to scrounge up until he sees a partially closed double-door cabinet right across from the fridge. He was too confident, and too comfortable and did not check for traps before opening the left door. There was a rapid series of beeps and Eldrich swore to both goddesses as he lept for the cover of the tables. As he did he threw a wall of ice around the sisters as he dived under it. There was a mighty whomp and bright flash. The ice splintered around the sisters but absorbed the blast. Amongst the smoke and splinters of the room, Eldrich was nowhere to be seen. The fridge was tipped over on the floor and the table cracked in half on each side of it. After a few moments, there was a muffled shout from the fridge. 

"If you can hear me and are ok....Get this thing off of me please...."

The only thing of note in the room now appeared to be a crowbar that was stuck quivering in the wall having been flung from the cabinet that contained the trap. 

@Jedishy

Abby would just shake her head and make her way into the kitche, only to find a rather rudimentary trap had beem set off and the dinner table, or what was left of it, was ontop of Eldritch, pinning him to the ground. With a chuckle, she and Gail then set about freeing him "Please try to be more careful" Gail would say softly "and quieter. we're lucky there wasn't anything here to be alerted by the noise" she would say, somewhat sternly, before blushing and quietly apologizing "S-sorry Eldritch, I..I just don't want to lose you, i-is all"

@Scarlet SoftPaws

Eldrich looked as if he was about to be sick. He suddenly spits out a cloud of wood dust from the explosion. He tries to scrap at his tongue only to find his hooves are coated as well leading to him using a sparkle cola to wash out his mouth and spit into the defunct kitchen sink. With a sigh, he tugs the crowbar out of the wall and offers it to the sisters. 

" Well that tastes awful and this could be useful. Do you think we should head upstairs now?

He is clearly embarrassed and trying to downplay almost getting blown up because he did not pay attention. 

@Jedishy

Abby would nod, putting the Crowbar in her pack,"Yeah, there could be another safe, but I doubt it" she'd say and begin to make her way up the stairs, wjile Gail would look at Eldritch, smile softly and walk past him, following her sister. "Also..try to keep up, please" she says softly to him.

@Scarlet SoftPaws

Eldrich started up the stairs they creaked ominously closer to the top. He paused at the landing taking in his surroundings As he looked around he gasped and almost stumbled back down the stairs. 
" Ummmm maybe you ladies don't want to come up here. There are only a couple of rooms and I can see into both. Its a bit of a mess but I can sort through things and come down with anything I find

His voice shook. The entire upper floor was littered with pony bones. The RadSafe and Radaway told the tale of why. It was everywhere. These ponies clearly had tried to shelter during the Last Day and did their best to deal with the balefire radiation. But it hadn't been enough........ 

Why did the bones bother him so much more then the raiders he left behind..... Was it their perceived innocence? Letting out an indignant whicker he marched forward to explore the last of this building 

@Jedishy

Abby would just simply look at her sister and then nods, "Alright, I'll trust your judgment on that" she'd call up the stairs to Eldritch, while they waited, she would lean on a wall "Wonder who could have left this place like this? It seems too much destruction, even for raiders' standards" she'd think to herself before calling out to Eldritch "Hey come on, we got no time to waste, we gotta get to the repository before sundown, remember?"

@Scarlet SoftPaws
Eldrich searched the upstairs leaving nothing unturned. He found out this was a tax office. There was little of value upstairs aside from a hoof-full of bullets for a 10mm firearm and three unused of Radaway. The sight of the remains of a tiny filly next to some toys shook him to the core. He stumbled down the steps barreling past the sisters and out the front door. He was gasping for air and sweating bullets. The world spun for a moment and he leaned on the wall to steady himself. 

" L l l lets get going... you're right we have to get to the clinic before sunset.