Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Has Anything Good Came Out Of 2020?

EpicEnergy

Anything? I mean, the coronavirus has basically ruined everything and people started riots because of George Floyd's death. Is there anything good that has come out of 2020 whatsoever? Maybe at least something in your personal life. For me, nothing good has come out of 2020, just bad things. This year was terrible.

• Brohoof 1

Well my mother always say rat year is a bad luck year and she's not joking. (No offense to those who are born on the rat year. This is just base on our belief :adorkable:) Despite of all this COVID-19 going on for me and my family due to being laid off and such, I did won a $200 gift card when my chances of winning is 0.1%, so that's something. As for BLM protesters, well it has to be done since someone gonna stand up, so i won't consider that as a bad thing only hoodlums >_>

• Brohoof 2

Now that is a good question:

-I read more books

-Our nation is at a turning point

-I need to think more...

(edited)

Society as a whole, not really. There will always be both kinds of fortunes around. Unfortunately there's very much misfortune this year in society.

Just think of it, in the states if we had good citizens and leadership in charge, we could have been looking at a nice decline of the pandemic by now (at least in the US where it's the worst). Economy could enter reconstruction, people can get to work...

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 2

It's odd how things worked out for me. When the year came I was in a dark place and it could even be said that I was on the brink of thinking of suicide. But the coronavirus ended up giving me a break and calming me down.

I know that sounds bizarre. The pandemic is no doubt horrible. But it gave me a really good opening (with the stimulus check and a delay on student loans for nearly half a year) to leave my job which was killing my mental health. After my surgery didn't work, I was in a really bad place back in mid January, as I had left work early the last shift I had before surgery (when I didn't even know when surgery was going to happen) because the pain was so horrible.

Now I really do need to find a new job or at least get into training for a new career, but the fact that the US government mishandled the pandemic so badly (and because so much of the US's citizens are just as bad as the president and couldn't care less about anyone but themselves) has it still dragging on for the foreseeable future and now it's becoming really agitating. I don't want to put my family or I in danger, and all of us are higher risk individuals.

Hey the Sonic movie actually turned out decent despite all odds going against it

On a personal note, I finally have a new position at work

• Brohoof 4

I’ve gotten to spend a lot more time with my family and I got the new Animal Crossing as well

And even though masks SUCK, at least once I don’t have to wear them they’ll be a nice novelty with all the cute little patterns I have

• Brohoof 1

My top secret project got finished back in February though I'll admit that I need to use it way more often. Other than that, 2020 has been a bad year for my family.

I've recorded the good stuff that happened to me this year in my blog, been very productive with both my real-life work and my play-life work. If not for everyone's favorite asshoe, this year would have actually been better than decent for me so far.  

I mean wasn't Friendship is Forever a thing this year? I've only seen a couple clips of stuff but they look nice.

Another thing is that a Geometry Dash level named Ocular Miracle was released this year, but probably not a lot of people here care about that

Mostly personally good. I found the time to watch the rest of MLP and visit this site again. Reconnected with my ex and love of my life, and we got back together again hopefully for good, and free money from the government is a big plus too. ; )

This is less of a personal issue, but the pandemic has also motivated many cities in the US to reconsider how they design and plan out their cities. This is the longest time in a while a city such as Los Angeles could see unpolluted skies and roads without congestion. It would be insane to fall back onto our normal ways after this pandemic is done. Some American cities have decided to join the "Open Streets" movement and convert car-oriented roads to be more equitable to pedestrians and bikers. A lot of public transportation projects have also been sped up with the reduced traffic; more recently the BART extension to San Jose has been completed, while the LA Metro Purple Line project is ahead of schedule by seven months.

For me it has been a horrible year all around. My birds died, my grandma on my dad's side died (both of those happened in the same week too) and my grandma on my mom's side might have cancer in her spine. All of that on top of the extreme anxiety I have had over this virus that "americans" are keen on spreading to everyone. If my dad gets it, he very likely wouldn't survive, so I have THAT to worry about 24/7. The little cherry on top is the weather, which for me has been absolutely horrid lately with high temps in the 90's consistently and the lows around 75f, which is insane, all accompanied by high humidity too. I guess it is good then that I fear death as much as I do because this year would have probably made me jump off of a bridge by now.

Even so, I have been trying to be positive, still trying to enjoy the little things in life, as futile as it is. Sure, we have seen people banding together against different things which I never thought would actually happen in my lifetime, but that is countered balanced by the sheer amount of horrible people that have come out of the woodwork.

Lastly, if a certain someone wins his reelection this year, my life will then have a new motto for everything:

1614441377_Godzilla-NESSNES-AngryVideoGameNerd-Episode77.gif.0a333c0d913c3be01021311df85b5331.gif

(edited)

For me personally, 2020's been back and forth.

Societally, though, 2020's been really, really bad. The fake left and far right alike have proven thrice as much as usual that their brain could be substituted with rocks and nothing of value would have been lost. I mean what has the world come to where our candidates list this year is somehow WORSE than in 2016? What world have we come to that forcing people to go out and DIE from a f***ing virus is a legitimate political position? Or better yet, what world have we come to where every other person wants to throw the first amendment in the dumpster for the sake of their own stupid braindead agenda? I honestly can't imagine too many worse timelines than this, and the ones I can imagine are mostly the product of nuclear war.

Edited by Dusknoir

The 2020s has been quite bad so far. I am sorry to hear about your problems @EpicEnergy and I wish you well!

For me, I am constantly trying to reach new heights, no matter the situation, and I have gotten a few things done this year that I don't want to dismiss.

Also, most problems such as riots, politics, and virus stuff seems to be happening in the US, and a few things can be completely ignored from over here

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

They announced a new Pokémon Snap. That’s about it.

"That's about it" Animal Crossing New Horizons would like a word...

Not to mention this pandemic has caused me to go back to some of my old games and I finally beat Pokemon Yellow after 20 years. Now I didn't spend 20 years on a single file, but May 2000 was when I first played the game.

Also even though it was literally right before the pandemic and Lockdown, 2020 is the year I finally got to put on a Disneyland Cast Member Nametag. Time will tell when I can safely put it back on