Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello~!

netcat

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

twilight-sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?

Honestly I cannot remember. I knew that mlpforums exist for a very long time.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

In the mid of 2012 me, as a child, found a livestream of a known youtuber of that time which was streaming MLP marathon and since then I am a Brony. It took me a couple of years after that to get into the fandom itself.

Hi! I am new here so it would be nice of me to introduce myself. My name's Alice and I currently live in Poland. I wish to meet new amazing people in the Brony fandom outside my home country, which is slowly becoming, in my opinion, a bit too hostile for my likings. I'm non-binary, but I'm absolutely okay if you wish to just use the she/her pronouns, although they/them are preferred. I am deeply interested in IT-related topics, I know couple programming languages, but depending on the job that has to be done I choose between C or Python. For web development I absolutely adore the Django framework, but I'm planning to get into Java in some time. I am also interested in geography and photography. I'm also probably a furry, but I haven't found how to get into this fandom too. I wish to contribute as much as I can to the community, because of this I am a member of an internet radio that I'm certainly gonna mention later. :3

I'm open to new friends so you can add me on Discord anytime, but please bear with me as I am shy a bit and I cannot maintain conversations on my own ^^'

• Brohoof 5

Did somepony say Ponyland Poland? dfEG13d.png

I haven't interacted with polish ponies much myself, just a little bit online; I don't know any bronies in real life. With that being said, I've been a member of the polish forums for a while, which were kinda poo poo pee pee to be honest. :mlp_icwudt: I tooooootally prefer these forums (mlpf, that is). :pout:

Hello, hi and welcome to the herd! :balloon: :mlp_yeehaa:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, 01netcat said:

My name's Alice and I currently live in Poland.

Brohoof from a fellow contrypony then ;) (I'm from Po(ny)land too.)

I wish to meet new amazing people in the Brony fandom outside my home country

Ugh, too bad then, I'm excluded, I guess? :blush:

which is slowly becoming, in my opinion, a bit too hostile for my likings

True... Poland is a beautiful country, but there's a lot of crappy people in it, unfortunately, especially those in power or their supporters, no matter which party is at the top at the time, because they're pretty much all the same with this regard. I tend to think of it that communism has never really been defeated, just faked its own fall and went undercover, making an illusion of freedom for all of us so that we didn't figure out. It's like during the occupation, but this time it's our own government who's the occupant :q  Without it, Poland would be an amazing country, because it has a lot of potential that's being constantly sucked out from Polish people...

I'm non-binary

And you call yourself a programmer? ;)

but I'm absolutely okay if you wish to just use the she/her pronouns

That's a good news to me, because despite the fact that I have nothing against people of different orientations and gender identities, I don't think language should be bent to their fit (and, for that matter, to anyone's fit). When I see a girl, I automatically say "she", and when I see a boy, I automatically say "he", it's pretty much hardwired into my brain, I can't help it. So I don't like it when people trying to guilt-trip me for using the wrong pronoun, or force some particular way of speaking upon me. So I'm glad you're not one of them, and I appreciate that. That's how it should work: I respect your freedom to be whoever you like, you respect my freedom to talk whatever way I like. I don't force my way of living upon you, and you don't force your way of living upon me. In my opinion, that's the real tolerance, the one that also MLP was always teaching us; not some forced acceptance that many people these days dream of (being unaware that this leads straight back into communism and other even worse ideologies that always end up as totalitarian dystopias).

I am deeply interested in IT-related topics

Nice :) Me too.

I know couple programming languages

That's great! Another thing we have in common :) I program in several programming languages on a daily basis, and I know a couple of others too (but I'm not necessarily that "fluent" in them), because I'm interested in how programming languages work, how to parse them automatically and convert to machine code, etc.

I'm also probably a furry

What do you mean "probably"? You don't know? :D

Hmm... One of my favourite childhood cartoons was "Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers" (also known as "Brygada R.R." in Poland) – does that make me a furry? :J

but I haven't found how to get into this fandom too.

You use a lot of "uwu" and "owo" and they let you in ;)

I wish to contribute as much as I can to the community

Hmm... In what ways would you like to contribute?

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: twilight-sparkle

Mine too, especially the sassy, sarcastic bookworm one from earlier seasons :twi:

In the mid of 2012 me, as a child, found a livestream of a known youtuber of that time which was streaming MLP marathon and since then I am a Brony.

For me, it started a couple of years ago when I was studying Internet memes, and quickly noticed that there's a lot of them with those cute ponies, so I wondered what's all that about. I watched a couple of short parodies, then I decided to see how the actual show looks like, and I become enchanted by it from the very first episode, because it reminded me of those old cartoons from my childhood, with positive messages, good morals, life lessons, relatable multi-dimensional characters, good stories, mystery, magic, but also symbolism and deeper meanings ;) It's been something I haven't seen since the late '80s in any media and missed so much.

Edited by SasQ