Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Sense ( Spoiler Potential )

Jedishy

So I recently watched a video that attempts to explain Pinkie Sense. Here

It posits that Pinkie Sense is a result of Discords chaos energy spreading out across Pinkies entire timeline after she uses said energy in season nine. What do you think? 
I find it to be an interesting theory but I want to here other ideas and bat the concepts around. 

Maybe all of Discord's throwing Chaos Magic around during his rule left a little bit of residue behind, so to speak?

Like radiation can do, the leftover Chaos Magic slowly seeped into the local ponies' genetics, and was passed down to the current generation as special quirks or talents that help make ponies unique - such as our case in point, Pinkie Sense.  Not Special Talents that cause cutie marks, mind you - more like Snails' inexplicable skill at Buckball; he just HAPPENS to be good at it, out of complete nowhere.

It's the magical evolution of ponies, sprinkled with just a pinch of chaos.

I think it's just pinkie, cozy also got hold of his magic and it didn't effect her. I think pinkie has some special earth pony magic and discord's magic did not effect her long term. Of course I can't think of a way to disapprove this theory, however it just seems like a stretch to me and I simply dislike this idea. Everypony has something special about them, this just something pinkie has. The sense is very inconsistent in the show, it's very random and honestly I don't think there is much to it.   

It's a neat idea, and makes a lot more sense than I thought it would, but it doesn't seem likely.

Cozy Glow is easy to explain away as her having a controlling personality, so chaos magic is just a bad fit for her (Discord nearly fading out of existence just by acting "normal" lends some credibility to this). IMO the actual problems that prevent me from believing this theory are:

• Cheese Sandwich and Maud Pie have a little too much in common with Pinkie Pie, and this theory is specific to Pinkie. For those who don't remember: Maud has explicitly claimed to have a "Maud Sense" in one episode allowing her to track down Pinkie's party cannon, and Cheese's very first scene shows him suffering a Pinkie Sense-like spasm which somehow tells him he needs to go to Ponyville.
  • if Discord can sense Tirek absorbing pony magic anywhere in Equestria, he can probably sense his own time-displaced chaos magic being used day-in day-out by another pony right in front of him, and it seems like he would've mentioned it or exploited it for a gag at some point in the 7+ seasons he was reformed.
  • The boring point: The video also talks about many of Pinkie's other quirky physics-defying behaviors, but a lot of them aren't actually unique to her, she just does them the most often. For example, nearly everyone seems to pull stuff out of thin air once in a while: Rarity with her fainting couch, Applejack with her lasso, Spike with a quill and parchment, etc. Come to think of it, Applejack's lasso twirling is often done with her tail, so having a prehensile tail not Pinkie-specific either.