Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you guys collect lapel pins/badges?

CameoShadowness

BTW these are lapel pins (not mine and are from this site) and are sometimes called to as enamel pins, pins, buttons or badges. Typically it depends on the person.

Do you guys collect any of them? I do and I am starting to make a binder for them because a lot of them are now in bad condition and it sucks. ;-; I know it's bad but I am fixing it now with my own personal binder so it won't happen any more.

If you guys collect, do you use a binder as well? Do you just toss them in a drawer, Do you have a theme for your pins?

If you don't collect them, is there a specific reason why? Are you willing to? If someone were to give you pins would you take them or pass the offer?

(edited)
4 hours ago, EpicEnergy said:

I don't collect any, but it does sound like an interesting hobby.

You don't? Is there a specific reason or it's never crossed your mind before?

Edited by CameoShadowness
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

HOLY MOLY I managed to find more of my pins and my broster gave me one (which I'm gonna customize because neither of us like it's design) so I actually got 29  34! I think there is a pin some where else so make it 30  35. Most are in surprising good condition but the fact that I have any scratched up is pretty bad XP.

I found more of the pins but not the one I think is missing lol

(edited)

It's just something that never crossed my mind before.

AAAHH! That makes sense. It is rarely ever talked about in general so I can why it never crosses people's minds.

Would you like to start having one? I do have some interesting tips and such.

///Bought more pins and found the one I was missing! So I got 55 pins now... Got 20 for $32.50 which is actually surprisingly cheap given how some pins can run for $20 or more just for one! They are small basic pins so it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

AAAHH! That makes sense. It is rarely ever talked about in general so I can why it never crosses people's minds.

Would you like to start having one? I do have some interesting tips and such.

I'd rather not start a collection of them, it just isn't my sort of thing.

I like pins and also patches. The ones I mostly buy are ones that are vintages and bonus for me,  if they're war related. They tend to be more pricey but can't expect them to be cheap now can you? Now for something other then vintage, I like anime related pins and/or patches. However, I wouldn't say I'm a collector since I only buy the ones that captured my eyes. Which is not often. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, TBD 🚬 said:

I like pins and also patches. The ones I mostly buy are ones that are vintages and bonus for me,  if they're war related. They tend to be more pricey but can't expect them to be cheap now can you? Now for something other then vintage, I like anime related pins and/or patches. However, I wouldn't say I'm a collector since I only buy the ones that captured my eyes. Which is not often. 

Yeah most pins are expensive. The only reason I got cheap ones is because its a no brand. I am buying more that are on the pricey side but I got a job so I'm good. :3 I just don't have an actual theme. I got pins of all kinds just becuase I love pins in general.... Where do you get your anime pins?

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I collect the badges on this forum :pistachio:

Same! Those are virtual ones so I count them... sorta. Ever plan on getting physical ones?

Mainly just playing video games. :adorkable:

I feel that. It isn't too bad of a hobby. Which games do you like? Do you play board games based on Video games too or nah?

• Brohoof 2

I have a Nightmare Moon pin coming in the mail soon :adorkable:

After that comes I might buy a few more from the same seller too, they're petty neat looking designs! :P

Other than the one that's coming in the mail, I do have a Vinyl Scratch pin too that I got from a seller at Trotcon last summer. I honestly like collecting pony buttons more than pony pins though as buttons seem to be a lot easier to come by at conventions compared to pins.  

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, King of Canterlot said:

I have a Nightmare Moon pin coming in the mail soon :adorkable:

After that comes I might buy a few more from the same seller too, they're petty neat looking designs! :P

Other than the one that's coming in the mail, I do have a Vinyl Scratch pin too that I got from a seller at Trotcon last summer. I honestly like collecting pony buttons more than pony pins though as buttons seem to be a lot easier to come by at conventions compared to pins.  

Yeah buttons are a lot easier becuase they are cheaper and asier to make (you can easily fins a button maker online but not a pin maker- most of the time you have to work with a factory of some kind for those ;-;) But it's cool to know you're a collector :3

1 hour ago, CameoShadowness said:

I feel that. It isn't too bad of a hobby. Which games do you like? Do you play board games based on Video games too or nah? 

I like MMORPG games, those are my favorites - Black Desert, Neverwinter, and Bless Unleashed are some of my favorites. And I don't really play board games based on video games.

• Brohoof 1

I like MMORPG games, those are my favorites - Black Desert, Neverwinter, and Bless Unleashed are some of my favorites. And I don't really play board games based on video games.

So you never faced the insanity that is POkemon the Board Game: Master Trainer. lol good.

Those games do sound interesting though. I love RPGs but I'm not into MMOs. XP

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Breeze said:

I have a bunch of Gallus pins I got from conventions, and I LOVE collecting badges! (I only have one of an old pony oc of mine but still)

That is still pretty epic :D

17 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I did for a short period of time on trips to disney world. I'd put them on my sailor's hat. 

Oohhh! Can we get a pic of the pin filled Sailor hat?