Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nightmare Moon Journal Entry Game

Treeglow Flicker

This is a creative game I've been wanting to present for a while now. Although pony related, I felt that it still warranted to be put in the Forum Games section due to the nature of it being a game rather than any kind of discussion. I promise not to put a gypsy curse on any moderator that feels that it needs to be moved.

Anyway! On to the game!

So Nightmare Moon was imprisoned on the Moon for 1000 years. Which is common knowledge to us all. However, what ponies don't realise is that during that time, she kept a magic journal. A magic journal that shall consist of the entries that we write and post in this thread. As for how she got such a journal is pretty much down to poetic license and your imaginations.

The rules of this game are simple.

• Write and post a journal entry or snippet from a journal entry that could have been written by Nightmare Moon herself, during her time imprisoned on the Moon.

• All journal entry posts must be made as if you were Nightmare Moon herself.

• Journal entries don't have to be in any kind of chronological order.

• There's no limit to how creative you want to be, just as long as what you post sticks to the theme of the game.

• Entries can be as serious, funny, emotional, random, etc, as you like and can be of any length, be it a one sentence snippet to a full journal page entry.

• Naturally MLP Forum rules apply to the game. So keep anything you post as a journal entry within the boundaries of the forum rules.

• Also, remember to keep what you post as an entry within the realms of being fun, insightful or entertaining. Basically, nothing depressingly dark to the point that people eat their computers or phones out of sheer despair.

• If we manage to reach 1000 years worth of entries, there will be cake.

Anyway! Let us begin!

It has now been a couple of weeks since my banishment. I have finally managed to sleep off the impact from Elements of Harmony, but continue to see those annoying specks of rainbow light still stuck in the corners of my eyes. I suppose it's my fault for not discarding of the Elements of Harmony before challenging my sister. She always has to cheat! It's just like our Hearth's Warming Eve games of Monopoly all over again! I'll get my revenge soon enough!

Speaking of revenge, I discovered that I can see clearly what transpires down on Equestria from up here, thanks to my magic. Which is beneficial considering that I currently lack the means to construct a telescope... Or anything else for that matter. I suppose I should be thankful I have this journal. Anyway, in regards to revenge. I have taken to throwing the occasional moon rock down towards Equestria in the hopes of one of them striking my sister while she's having her afternoon tea on the balcony.

Unfortunately, I once again missed her today.

I hit her maid...

Again.

I suppose I will have plenty of time to improve my aim...”

• Brohoof 1

There was a meteor shower today. 

I do not know what creature controls that aspect of the sky. I’ve witnessed many strange phenomena up close these past weeks, and none of them are explainable by my sister’s powers. Unless she has been keeping her true power from me, and has been controlling all the celestial bodies our whole lives, in which case, perhaps she is better than us, after all. 

I hate that thought. I hate her. I will break free from this dark prison and destroy her and show her that I am better than her, because I am Nightmare Moon, and I am powered by my own strength and Luna’s rage combined. It does not matter if fortune granted my sister everything, every power, and every pony. I am stronger than her. She has luck on her side, but I will defeat her. I fight for justice. 

• Brohoof 2

Day uhhh.... the next one. 

Found what appears to be a dumpster on my moon. I do not know where this came from or what left it. Until I regain my dominion I shall leave it be to be further inspected by five or more mature adults with their attitudes in check. 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Day uhhh.... the next one. 

Same day...We think. :huh:

Note to self: Do not set off for the moon without first procuring a nightlight. :lie:

• Brohoof 3

"Today I decided to spend my leisure time within the confines of my favourite crater to rearrange my moon rock collection by size and smoothness. Despite my undying rage for my sister, I find myself feeling calmer and more at peace when in the presence of my moon rocks. I also find myself possessing an empathy for them. Alone and trapped up here for all this time... They know my suffering!"

• Brohoof 1

"Today I spent my time using my magic to carve out some crude but effective board game pieces for a a game of Risk, using some of the smaller moon rocks. I still lack any ideas on how long I will be trapped on my own moon or how to break free, but at least I can practice my future domination of Equestria for the time being. All I'm missing is somepony or something that understands how to play Risk. There was a rock that resembled the face of Starswirl the Bearded back in that crater I tripped and fell in the other day... I suppose 'he' will have to suffice for now."

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

*Singing, bored, tired*

Eleventy-seven rocks on the moon 
Eleventy-seven rocks
If one of those rocks should happen to fall...

Why are we singing this inane song again? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to name my rock collection. The greyest one is Starswirl. The misshapen one is Discord. 

The last forty-seven were each Celestia, before I smashed them into moon dust.

• Brohoof 1

Dear, Journal

Playing soccer on the moon & imagining the ball was Celestia's head was not as therapeutic as We had hoped. :yeahno:

The blasted thing floated away before We could exact our ULTIMATE VENGEANCE! :baconmane:

• Brohoof 1