Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Best car company?

Muffinnz

GM / Chevrolet.

Me and my family has had many over the years with very few minor issues.

Toyota and Honda make reliable cars but I really don't find them appealing/exciting at all.

For classic cars, I'd have to go with Studebaker but they closed for business back in the 60's.  Unfortunate because I love the way a lot of their cars looked, cars weren't just a tool for them, they were an art form and I adore a lot of their cars, mostly the ones from the 30's.

For modern cars, I'm not really sure, I don't have a care personally but a lot of family love Ford so I guess I'll go with them?  Lots of Chevy love too since one of my grandfathers worked at a Chevy factory back in the day.

I’m no expert at cars. But I’ve had Fords, Dodge, Jeep, and my current Smart car, which is Mercedes Benz. The Fords were pretty good to me, the Dodge was okay and the Jeep sucked. So far the Smart takes the prize for me, based on my limited experience.   

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...

Subarus are best if you consider customer satisfaction, reliability and quality. This tiny manufacturer not only makes the sickest and coolest types of cars, being the Subaru Impreza, the legacy and levorgs as well as the brat or well used to make that one haha. They also just have such great driving characteristics the feel of the symmetrical all wheel drive drivetrain mounted to the famous boxer engine just feels completely breathtaking the handling and they are more then peppy little cars while being light they just drive superb to anything I've driven and I have driven hundreds of cars nothing truly comes close to a Subaru when it comes to performance, handing, quality and durability. I mean that and the fact it technically is a small company with this large of a market share.

International Harvester Company if meaning any time frame, and I would assume Ford unless they took a nose dive in quality since 99.(They made pickups until 1975, and the vehicle which made SUVs a thing, the Travelall until 1975ish and the Scout until 1980, and still make trucks today)

I haven't been too terribly impressed with GM and I am sure Chrysler is trying to kill and bankrupt me with all the problems I have had with them at this point. 

Edited by TheGleaner

For cars nowadays, I always say Toyota. A lot of my family members have a Toyota and we've had very minimal problems with them.

As for classic cars, I'll just say any American car company had the best cars, because I can't really decide.

• Brohoof 1

Toyota.

Durable and reliable.

My dad's 2006 Highlander despite being so beat is still up and running at 290K miles :wacko: .

I have a 2009 one with much fewer miles.

The other non-Toyotas are kinda doing crap (well except our Ford F150 for the most part is pretty good).

Knock on wood.