Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Have you tried online dating?

Muffinnz

My other complaint to add to my previous post is these apps are horrible at dealing with the spammers/people begging for money/scam artists. The fake accounts are bad however typically they’re quite obvious that they’re fake. I don’t bother with any account that’s not verified or who can’t be bothered to write any sort of bio. If you can’t take the few minutes to take a selfie to prove you’re real or bother to say something about yourself you’re not worth the time. Theres a good chance it’s a fake account as well. There’s the photoshopped photos as well that people are doing lol. Some people really need to learn how to photoshop better lol. Then ofc there’s the accidentally swiping on someone your not into and you end up matching with that person situations. It’s even worse when they actually message you.

100% don’t do any dating off of forums. I only do dating apps with people who are verified. 

The way I feel now. Overall I’m not here for online dating tbh.Which is unfortunate due to the covid situation however in person dating is way better for me. I know what I’m into and I always make the first move. If I’ve not made a move on you there’s no interest. This sort of thing is a lot easier to see/understand in person than online. Online you get spammed to death and/or have people who try to make you feel bad because you’re not interested in them. When you interact with me in person you get the full sense of what I’m like. My interest or disinterest is plain as day in person. It’s obvious when I’m interested in someone as compared to when I’m not. Online, people don’t get that. You’re not fully experiencing what it’s like to interact with me.

People can interpret your words in anyway they want to online. Me being friendly online can be taken as “ oh she likes me” when that’s not the case. In person there’s the obvious difference. You’ve got my tone, expressions, body language, how I act, the whole person to go by. The same goes for me. I have the whole person to go by irl so I can tell whether they’re interested, serious, looking for a fling, just being a flirt or not interested at all. It’s so hard to tell the direction things are going in online. Not only that flirting in person is way more fun because you get to see their reaction.

TL/DR version is Im just not going to even bother with online anymore and I prefer in person.

• Brohoof 2

I have not. I did start using a dating website awhile back but I didn’t go beyond putting in my information. I just don’t think it’s a safe method of meeting someone.

When I was still an active user on Facebook (I still am, but not much anymore as I only check out my notifs on some occasions), I dated this one Norwegian girl and it went alright. She was a year older than me (She was 16 turning 17 and I was 15 and turning 16 at the time). Little did we know, we became a seriously attached couple a few weeks later and it was the greatest thing in my life. Unfortunately, the relationship *kinda* fell apart ever since the pandemic began and only been notified a few months ago that she passed away from the virus.

2017/18 would prolly be the last time I ever dated online and I don't plan to date online anytime again in the future (but I might change my mind on that). At the very least, I had the chance to be with her till the end. Heck, I still have pictures of her that she sent me a while ago lol.

Hmm, some people are defining online dating differently than others :wacko: ....

The apps/websites mostly suck. I did have a relationship with someone here before and almost had a second, but because it was online it was easy to split us up by a... third party, so that didn't materialize. I'd rather not have a relationship online, but beggars can't be choosers either.

• 1 year later...

No. It is gonna end badly because I abandon myself. I am self-destructive and have addictive tendencies like the rest of my family.

We suffer from genetic problems that are visible, and this factor has negatively affected our personal and social development. For example, the other day we were walking with with my uncle. And there was this mother with her daughter. The girl must have been around seven years old. Then she turned around and grabbed her mother, pointing a finger at my uncle because of the way he looks. And the mother told her to shut up. So, I looked at this woman, and she adverted her eyes with noticeable discomfort. This kind of stigma is a constant reminder.

Then I mentioned it to my uncle and he said to "not have noticed it" because he has a fractured sense of self-esteem due to his klinnefelter syndrome, pectus, sterility and all the emasculating problems that result from this genetic defect. So, he avoids eye-contact in general. But this is the actual reason behind the self-abandonment, isolation, negligence, despondency and addiction patterns that are so predominant in this family.

On the other hand, I am the kind of person that stares at people. Because a part of me is seeking confrontation. I want release. I want out. So, what is the point of dragging someone into a relationship when you know this person is gonna have to carry with you like some cripple? Because you are gonna keep stumbling and falling, over and over again, because this problem is chronic, and these are the symptoms.

Also, I can become extremely violent because this hurts to a point your sense of self-preservation does not matter anymore, but I don't want to hurt another person or go to prison. So, we are waiting it out. Meanwhile, I dissociate and stay hooked onto the computer to remedy the chronic stress disorder and depression with my dopamine addiction. Not different from the rest of my family, really.

Edited by They call me Loyalty

I've never tried it, not online nor in person. Not that I don't want to though. I might try online dating provided that I get the opportunity, but definitely not through dating apps and websites since I consider them unreliable and contrived. I want to have a natural relationship, and I think that it's possible to have one online, just not through dating apps and websites.

I've never done online dating apps, but I have dated a couple of people online. It's awkward and hard to build a connection. Or, perhaps I just didn't actually have a connection,with those particular people, because I have fallen hard for someone I only knew online before (but she had a connection to someone IRL, which made that more real).

I'm coming to the point of just giving up on dating. Apparently I am as attractive as dirt and no one pays me any attention. I mention this because I know that I'd have a lot easier time dating online, but what's the point when it's so hard for me to get attached to someone online? Let me see what happens when I move, if somehow that person for me pops up there, but I doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sort of, I suppose. I've never used dating apps/websites and never will, but I met someone by chance on the internet in an extremely unlikely way and it sort of developed from nothing into talking into a "relationship", and then sort of fizzled out unceremoniously afterwards. I don't think I like online dating, too much gets lost online and unless you have a plan to close the distance and meet up in the very near future it is pretty much never going to be sustainable.

Never had any luck with it. I just can't make a connection with the women on there. Feels like we have nothing in common and they are so confident while I'm not. I really feel like we'd need some sort of starting basis like both being fond of MLP or something, but I never meet girls who are.

• 3 weeks later...

As others stated, it's a waste of time. I can't tell you the amount of immature people that I met on there. There are a lot of bots, and some of the people I encountered tried to ghost or catfish me when I did not want to play their childish games. I would highly recommend for people to join a local club or group of people with like minded interests and you will eventually find someone who likes the same things that you do. That's how I met several good partners. Just be patient.

Edited by StarlightNyars

• 1 month later...