general Do you gamble?

Muffinnz

Do you gamble?  

33 users have voted

1. 1. Do you gamble?

• yes
    • no
    • Sometimes

I see real gambling as incredibly lame and pointless. It is like the ultimate middle-class exploitation. People throwing money at machines or whatever else desperately hoping they win big, when they could just save that money for anything else. It is all just a fantasy of becoming rich because money is really all that matters in this culture. 

• Brohoof 1

Certainly no. Why would you gamble if know you have risks of loosing money? I don't like gamble even in games. Most of the members of my family hate gamble except for grandfather and a few relatives. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

Kind of depends on what it is I suppose.

Does loot boxes count as gambling? If so, there are quite a few gamblers out there indeed.

They totally count as gambling. More in games where you can trade things.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Jesse Terrence said:

They totally count as gambling. More in games where you can trade things.

Aye.

Should regulate loot boxes just like normal gambling. Seen too many families being ruined because of the kid having access to their family's credit card and spending thousands on loot boxes.

In I think Australia you are mandated by law to at bare minimum give the %'es in terms of drop chance.

(edited)

Opportunities don't really exist around here for that :wacko: . There's the lottery but that's usually not all that great. Better to just earn your worth through your actions instead of chance.

Gambling is a complicated phenomenon though :pout: .

Rule for gambling I have (let's say in some video game) is never to gamble more than half of your net winnings (this assumes you've also pre-set a certain amount you'd be willing to lose if winnings don't come in and you don't have said net winnings).

If I spend $50, earn $100, I net $50. I can decide to gamble $25 and if I lose it all, I can stop and still have $50. Of course slot machines can be addicting and they can throw out any self-restriction if persuading enough (some slot machines make it seem like you're this close to winning big then drop it, making one feel like they're just a few more chances away from getting a big prize).

Edited by WWolf

No. I don’t think I have ever gambled actually. I don’t see the point in it. Yes, you can win but that chance is too small for me to risk my money.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes, it feels like I'm playing the game "can I afford food this time?" when I go grocery shopping sometimes, if that counts?  Certainly feels like taking a huge risk with some transactions.

In all seriousness though, I do buy lotto tickets every so often, mostly this one ticket that has that $1,000 a week for life if you get three of the same marking in one square.  I sometimes win some money from those but I've yet to win the big prize.  I don't buy them often, maybe twice or three times a year when I can afford it.  Beyond that, I don't gamble much with real money.

The only time I even play lottery is when I get tickets as a gift.

Even if I did gamble, I'd be the least interesting gambler in existence. I could have, say, $5000 worth of chips, right? I'll bet 2 on blackjack, and lose the hand.

"Welp, that's me bust."

"Sir, you still have 4998 chips."

"Yeah, that's me bust."

Or on the other hand:
Me: *wins the equivalent of $5*

Me: "Alright, time to get while the gettin's good."

• Brohoof 1

Not really unless candy land machines and penny pushing games count but I usually get something back lol. I guess I did the virtual horse racing too. I wouldn't do actual gambling, I guess I played virtual poker lol there is this good game it's called poker with dogs.