Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Gears of War

Plasmastorm X-15

Well they said the may make a Gears of War 4 if Gears 3 sold well (and it did). I don't know whether they will but there's a chance.

No they didn't. They said Gears 3 was the end.

I was a big Gears of War 1 and 2 fan but at the time everyone was busy playing Call of Duty and then some YouTubers talk good about Gears 3 it and everyone became a fanboy that attacks you the moment you even imply that the game may have a flaw. Personally I preferred the Gears community prior to these YouTube idiots.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

The series is dead.

They ended the series.

Gears 3 was the last game.

Halo 3... "This is how the world ends." "Finish the fight." Supposed to be the last of the series

Then get's 3 prequels and a sequel in development

Gears of War 3.... "Brothers Till The End" Hmmm... seems familiar.

You know I wouldn't doubt the new Prequel rumors, no I guarantee that there will be prequels. Companies tend to not know when to let a game die! I'm not sure about the rumor about People Can Fly though. I think Epic would like to be fully in charge of their biggest franchise (RIP Unreal Tournament). Though People Can Fly did develop the PC Gears of War 1 and Bulletstorm (with suppression​ assistance from Epic) so if any company does it that's not Epic then it is definitely PCF!

Which is a shame. I wish People Can Fly would separate from Epic Games. They are definitely holding them back! I'd like to think Bulletstorm was a game made by PCF which was all about fun and then Epic came in and probably cut out most the good bits because it was not "Epic" enough (like GoW UT3).

I love people can fly I mean have you seen Painkiller, their only pre-Epic buyout game! Here's a good explanation of what it is like: http://www.escapistm...n/57-Painkiller

Now they made a great game there, but abandoned it! :( Later on there were some expansions to the game made by some indie companies... well indie as to say made in some person's basement and said they were a whole company, but the point is that they were terrible. Not just "not living up to the original" terrible, but "OMFG how broken is this SHIT, I could probably done a better job with the same resources, the company can go die in a hole!" TERRIBLE!

I wish People Can Fly could go back and revive the franchise that put them on the map (a small blip covered up by bigger blips, but on the map anyway). I guess I'll have to settle for Hard Reset, basically Painkiller but Gothic swapped for Cyberpunk, developed by former People Can Fly employees called The Flying Wild Hog (I don't know much about Poland, but do they have an unnatural affinity for flying?). (Hard Reset was also review by the same guy from the above review:http://www.escapistm...4784-Hard-Reset)

^Anyway that's my rant on the whole Future of GoW, Epic Games, and People Can Fly.^

As for the Gears games themselves I'd say they're pretty good. They did something that I thought was new and bold, but also payed off because it was a lot of fun! That is until every other company did the exact same thing! Though I think the series should end, hell I thought Halo should've ended with Halo 3 not that I don't like the series, but there's always that point where you have to end a series (especially when you advertise it that way!). With every game you make the older ones less significant! That's my motto when it comes to sequels!

Halo 3... "This is how the world ends." "Finish the fight." Supposed to be the last of the series

Then get's 3 prequels and a sequel in development

Gears of War 3.... "Brothers Till The End" Hmmm... seems familiar.

You know I wouldn't doubt the new Prequel rumors, no I guarantee that there will be prequels. Companies tend to not know when to let a game die! I'm not sure about the rumor about People Can Fly though. I think Epic would like to be fully in charge of their biggest franchise (RIP Unreal Tournament). Though People Can Fly did develop the PC Gears of War 1 and Bulletstorm (with suppression​ assistance from Epic) so if any company does it that's not Epic then it is definitely PCF!

Which is a shame. I wish People Can Fly would separate from Epic Games. They are definitely holding them back! I'd like to think Bulletstorm was a game made by PCF which was all about fun and then Epic came in and probably cut out most the good bits because it was not "Epic" enough (like GoW UT3).

I love people can fly I mean have you seen Painkiller, their only pre-Epic buyout game! Here's a good explanation of what it is like: http://www.escapistm...n/57-Painkiller

Now they made a great game there, but abandoned it! :( Later on there were some expansions to the game made by some indie companies... well indie as to say made in some person's basement and said they were a whole company, but the point is that they were terrible. Not just "not living up to the original" terrible, but "OMFG how broken is this SHIT, I could probably done a better job with the same resources, the company can go die in a hole!" TERRIBLE!

I wish People Can Fly could go back and revive the franchise that put them on the map (a small blip covered up by bigger blips, but on the map anyway). I guess I'll have to settle for Hard Reset, basically Painkiller but Gothic swapped for Cyberpunk, developed by former People Can Fly employees called The Flying Wild Hog (I don't know much about Poland, but do they have an unnatural affinity for flying?). (Hard Reset was also review by the same guy from the above review:http://www.escapistm...4784-Hard-Reset)

^Anyway that's my rant on the whole Future of GoW, Epic Games, and People Can Fly.^

As for the Gears games themselves I'd say they're pretty good. They did something that I thought was new and bold, but also payed off because it was a lot of fun! That is until every other company did the exact same thing! Though I think the series should end, hell I thought Halo should've ended with Halo 3 not that I don't like the series, but there's always that point where you have to end a series (especially when you advertise it that way!). With every game you make the older ones less significant! That's my motto when it comes to sequels!

Correction. While the series was intended to end after Halo 3 for Bungie, Microsoft never had plans of ending the series just yet.

If there is still a large fanbase and the series is still popular then it's most likely there will be another game in the series. Halo 3 had a huge fanbase even at the end of it's lifespan, ending the series at that time would have been a marketing blunder by Microsoft. The same goes for Gears of War, it's fanbase has greatly increased with this past game and there is no way the publisher is gonna lose this opportunity.

There won't be a Gears 4 as much as I want there to be. The prequel you guys are all talking about will be in the next DLC "Raam's Shadow" it will take place before Gears 1. It is gonna be about Zeta squad and Raam.

There won't be a Gears 4 as much as I want there to be. The prequel you guys are all talking about will be in the next DLC "Raam's Shadow" it will take place before Gears 1. It is gonna be about Zeta squad and Raam.

We'll see about that. There is no way in hell the publisher is gonna let the series end after they gained such a large fanbase.

I only brought that prequel article up because I thought they might have interest in it, that is not what I was referring to when I was talking about the next Gears of War game.

Did you read what I wrote? :P

I said I wasn't referring to that when I was talking about a sequel.

Just think of Star Ocean and Star fox.

Both of the series's quit, and they left behind a major fanbase.

Just because there is a major fanbase, does not mean they will stay.

Well it depends on their contract with the publisher. Bungie wanted to stop making halo after Halo 3 but due to their contract they were "forced" to make 2 more Halo titles.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony

Well it depends on their contract with the publisher. Bungie wanted to stop making halo after Halo 3 but due to their contract they were "forced" to make 2 more Halo titles.

Yes, but you did not even back up the theory you just put up.

I argued with the fact that you said about the "Fanbase"

Now please explain yourself instead of changing the topic.

Yes, but you did not even back up the theory you just put up.

I argued with the fact that you said about the "Fanbase"

Now please explain yourself instead of changing the topic.

What I'm saying is that if the developer is under contract that requires them to make more games then they have no choice but to stay (ie they must stay and their fanbase is still there).

I didn't change the topic, you just didn't connect the dots.

We'll see about that. There is no way in hell the publisher is gonna let the series end after they gained such a large fanbase.

I only brought that prequel article up because I thought they might have interest in it, that is not what I was referring to when I was talking about the next Gears of War game.

Yeah, no.

Look wat what you said.

You said FANBASE.

So there is no connecting the dots.

I asked about the fanbase.

Nothing else.

You asked about the fanbase...

Would the developer want to leave their large fanbase? Maybe

What I'm saying is if they are gonna be forced to make more games then they are gonna be forced to put up with that fanbase.

I asked about the fanbase.

Actually you didn't ask anything, you made a statement.

No question here ^^ Edited by Lady Rarity Pony