Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nightmare Moon in her eternal night

Rushing cash

A portrayal of nightmare moon from the season 5 finale.

NMM was one of the more well thought out villains in the series, from her name to her backstory and motivation, I wish we got more of her, but from what we got she is one of my favorite villains and a great story element, plus her alter ego, Luna is a fantastic character. 

NMM.png

• Brohoof 2

I still remember my first time watching Nightmare Moon in the pilot and cringing at how corny her evil laughter and some of her dialogue was. I appreciate her a lot more now. I wish we got more of her too, but don't forget that she also has a holiday and multiple cameos throughout the series. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I would say that Nightmare Moon was Luna's alter ego.

maxresdefault.jpg

Doesn't it work both ways? :P

I see NMM as a second personality born from dark magic and taking control of luna's body. 

34 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Doesn't it work both ways? :P

I see NMM as a second personality born from dark magic and taking control of luna's body. 

But Luna is the baseline personality. She spent most of her life as Luna. She was Nightmare Moon for such a small part of her life.

55 minutes ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

But Luna is the baseline personality. She spent most of her life as Luna. She was Nightmare Moon for such a small part of her life.

Well, obviously, we do know that luna is the base personality, it's from her jealousy that NMM was born. Luna was NMM for like, maybe a few hours from what we saw.