Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you done something that made your friends upset?

Happy Heart

(edited)

At some point in our lives, we may have done something that has wronged someone we care about. I'm sure most of us have seen any of the Mane Six unwittingly hurt each other emotionally. From the argument that Rainbow Dash and Rarity were having throughout their search for the Amulet of Aurora, to Twilight's biggest mistake of attempting to steal the Pearl of Transformation from Queen Novo... Now, there may not be any sort of magic going on in your lives. But, if you feel you want to share your unfortunate experiences...

What have you done that made your friends disappointed or upset with you?

Edited by Happy Heart
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, my mistake was I asked for too much and this made my friend feel like she "isn't good enough" and thus felt bad... I often get very excited when I like someone and want to spent as much time as possible with them. :coco: But I learned from it and everything turned out well in the end. :)

• Brohoof 1

I lost a friend by wanting to be too much of a friend. She started out having no friends and I befriended her and we hung out all the time and were very happy and cool.

Then she got confidence (because of my support) and got other friends, and then hung out with those friends instead of me more.

And I made the mistake of telling her to spend more time with me and much less time with them. End of friendship.

Really loving someone is realizing you don't have control over them

I don't recall upsetting any of my friends, there could be times but nothing serious enough to end it. 

There were certainly some real world examples you all have shared with me. I especially liked the stories of becoming a bit too clingy with your friends. It's not bad to want to spend time with your friends. But that doesn't mean you should enshroud them in a cloud of desperate attention. Even if your best friend makes more friends and it feels they are overlooking you, that doesn't mean they'll forget you if they care. Friendship should be balanced and shared equally between us. If you can learn from your past mistakes, it will make you a better person and strengthen the bonds you have.

• Brohoof 1

We aren’t friends anymore but when we were, I did piss him off pretty good and I didn’t mean to. I was basically being too involved in his personal business.

2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I spammed one of my friends with clapping 👏🏻 emojis and they got really mad after a while so I had to stop

That's funny though!

Your friend needs to learn humor!

👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾🤰🤫

I guess I made a friend on here think I was interested (romantically), but it was completely unintentional. I have a naturally playful personality that can be easily misinterpreted, but even so anything real would have been logistically impossible, hence I never gave any thought to it. He left the forums a ways back now and is probably still upset with me. I guess I should have been more aware, and now I am. I always seem to be upsetting someone for one reason or another. I do my best but it's never really enough and walking on eggshells all the time can border on insanity of not reined in. 

• Brohoof 1