Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you believe in ghosts, demons, cryptids, aliens, etc.?

Venomous

I love watching videos about paranormal and such things on YT. And yet everything has scientific explanation. The only thing I believe is aliens, there's no way we're alone in the whole universe. But I don't imagine them as a cliche humanoids, they're probably a completely different form of life

But people often just don't want things to be explanation. For example 1952 Washington UFO Incident was one of the "official" proofs of aliens for a long time. And recently one guy on YT did a good research and explained every single detail in this story scientifically. And he found another interesting thing, after the incident many magazines took an interviews and then exaggerated thing, took phrases out of context and twisted their meaning. Everything was done for hype and after this many people started telling that they "saw" UFOs in the sky. So the huge hype train was launched while actual "incident" has a relatively simple explanation

• Brohoof 1

I believe in what the OP said to begin with: "FYI, the word “paranormal” doesn’t only entail ghosts. It involves anything beyond the scope of human understanding." Intra-dimensional beings/ETIs might be here now or close by or not. Paranormal phenomena is all-around us. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes I believe in ghosts cause I saw my grandpa some years after he died.  I didn’t tell  anyone at first cause I didn’t want to sound crazy or anything, and I wasn’t sure who it was at the time I saw it cause I only saw the side of his face and he was a distance away.  He was wearing a black suit and fedora.  He was bending down reaching for something.  I turned away when he started raising back up, and when I looked back he was gone. 

Then a few weeks later my grandma  told us that she saw grandpa.   She described the same person I did.  She said he was wearing the black suit he was buried in and his black fedora.   Same person I saw.  

I have never actually seen my grandpa wear the fedora before, my mom told me he used to like wearing them after I told her about my experience.  So it’s not like I was hallucinating some memory I had of him or something. 

3 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

That implies that he's so powerless and inconsequential that no one would ever notice him. Seems pretty good to me~

23 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist.

Wow. I never thought of that, but it's probably true, considering how many people don't believe in god and stuff in today's society :sealed:

Now as for myself, yes I do believe in paranormal things such as ghosts and demons and other such spirits. They exist on another plane beyond this living realm and cannot be explained by human science and logic, for they are beyond both of those things. I don't have much of an opinion on aliens, they could exist, or they could not. :P 

2 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

Wow. I never thought of that, but it's probably true, considering how many people don't believe in god and stuff in today's society :sealed:

Now as for myself, yes I do believe in paranormal things such as ghosts and demons and other such spirits. They exist on another plane beyond this living realm and cannot be explained by human science and logic, for they are beyond both of those things. I don't have much of an opinion on aliens, they could exist, or they could not. :P 

If something cannot be explained by human logic or science, then it would be imperceptible. Like, you couldn't even fathom its existence using imagination. The fact that you can imagine ghosts and demons and spirits means that they certainly don't exist beyond logic. You used your previous experiences to create the ideas you have of them. 

(edited)

I believe there probably other intelligent species of life through sheer probability, so yes I believe aliens are real even if they haven't visited or communicated with us yet. I am open to the idea that maybe they aren't, but speaking probability and on the scale of our galaxy let alone on the scale of the entire universe, aliens seem likely to be real. Though there could be a link between Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon (UFOs) and aliens, we'd have to wait and see if that is the case. Though it's quite possible UFOs are actually not aliens but something different entirely. There's no proof saying what they are quite yet.

In the case of cryptids, I'd say I would believe that any case of a cryptid with sufficient evidence of existence has a decent chance of being real. It's not like we've discovered every form of life on this entire planet and we can certifiably prove that's the case. In fact, it's estimated we haven't even scratched the surface of the numbers of some kingdoms, fungi and bacteria in particular. Though there's plenty of cryptids where there's zero compelling evidence of their existence, in which case I struggle to be anything but skeptical.

Ghosts and Demons, however, probably aren't real. Demons are purely based on superstition and have zero basis in reality, and as for ghosts well there is a basis to say that people that see ghosts are more than likely either hallucinating, being convinced by the power of suggestion, or having their perceptions affected by magnetic fields or infrasound. Electromagnetic fields could also explain "ghosts" that have been seen on camera. In the case of demons, they simply aren't real and in the case of ghosts I'm not necessarily ruling it out, but they probably aren't real either.

Edited by Dusknoir

1 hour ago, Adorable Lovestar said:

If something cannot be explained by human logic or science, then it would be imperceptible. Like, you couldn't even fathom its existence using imagination. The fact that you can imagine ghosts and demons and spirits means that they certainly don't exist beyond logic. You used your previous experiences to create the ideas you have of them. 

It's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. I believe that paranormal type of stuff exists and is outside of our realm of understanding. Please stop trying to create debates in this thread, thank you :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh boy... Here we go. :ButtercupLaugh:

I'm agnostic. Not trying to turn this into a religious discussion or anything, just speaking about myself.
Being agnostic means that I don't strictly follow one religious belief, one non-religious belief, or anything similar. I believe all of them are equally possible, and none of those kind of beliefs can be truly proven beyond any doubt. Science proves a lot of things, but science is also something that is still growing and making new discoveries, forever changing what we previously knew or understood. Who knows, one day, science might actually prove that one of our religions is actually somewhat correct, and even then science would still be analyzing these discoveries for a long time to make better sense of them.

As an agnostic person, I tend to have a preference for Christianity. I was born in a Christian home, I took a very informative class about it in college, and so I have a deeper understanding and appreciation for it. If any religion were to be true, I'd like it to be that. But more than that, more than any religious view at all, I like the idea of heaven. I like the idea of an eternal paradise where we can reunite with long-lost loved ones, where there's no pain or sickness or troubles anymore, and all our worldly woes and mortal divisions are just gone. I like that. I would love for that to be the case. Can't be much of a Christian or an Agnostic if I don't even believe in the possibility of ghosts. How can you go to any kind of eternal paradise if souls don't exist? ^_^

Although, getting away from religion, I do like to think that maybe the possible existence of ghosts/spirits/souls is more complex than we think it is. Maybe the ghosts of dead people really do surround us in life; we just can't normally see or perceive them because science hasn't caught up with that yet. Who knows! The petri dish of life is a crazy, unpredictable thing.

And yes, I also believe that alien life somewhere amongst the cosmos is possible. Earth is but 1 planet, a speck in the grand scheme of the universe and its many galaxies, unexplored planets, etc. How can it be impossible for any other planets out there to have sentient lifeforms? That's quite the astronomical coincidence to believe in.

Edited by Samurai Equine

I don't believe into ghosts or demons. I am not really sure about cryptids. Some can be realistic (like some animals in the deep parts of the oceans we don't know). But I don't believe into creatures like Nessy. And I believe that aliens exist, but I don't believe that they are on earth already. But the posibillity that we are not the only lifeformes in that giant universe is for me more realistic than that we are the only lifeformes.

I only believe what i have seen and analyzed myself, fortunately or unfortunately yeah i have experienced "ghosts". Quote on quote because I wouldn't classify them in the same concept as the classic "transparent fully clothed human with a very distinct shape and all white without eyes or feet" kinda thing. Not even whispers saying names or the sort. What i've experienced is actions, very specific, like imprints as if the energy of the body or your "soul" could have force to interact with things in a very precise manner.

I have some stories. One of my cousins died in an hit and run accident but i guess he didn't realized he had died so at night "he" went back home as usual ring the bell several times but when my aunt opened the door all mad because he was being rude she didn't saw anyone. Later she was getting worried of him. and like a week later of searching they found that he had died that day. 

Another one happened to me in day of the dead. Someone gave 3 knocks 3 or 4 times the window from the outside in the 6th floor. They were asking to come in. And also I as a child had a "something" some entity outside of my room that would violently kick the door, idk why. 

Aside from that, aliens are just a logical thing that i think exist somewhere or existed or will exist one day in the very vast universe.

(edited)

Granted the size of universe, it's possible that there is other life out there. However, we don't really understand exactly how life formed and it could be something that requires such incredibly rare conditions that it might have actually only happened in one place. I don't know the chances of that given how massive the universe is, but... We just really don't know. Aliens that have visited Earth? Probably not. Is technology to travel long distances of space even possible? As far as I know, it's all science fiction.

The rest of them? I see no reason to believe in any of them. Ghosts don't really make any sense seeing as consciousness is merely the process of chemical interaction in the brain. It doesn't mean that there couldn't be something out there that could be mistaken for what we think are ghosts, though. But we need hard evidence.

Cryptids are kind of interesting. Surely some of them have origins in some creature that they were mistaken to be. That doesn't mean they're 'real', though. It just means that they're an existing creature that people thought was something else. Otherwise they could be elusive creatures that have yet to be discovered, I guess. But given how many of them are reported to happen in human habitats, those creatures should have been discovered by now. It's not like creatures we're discovering deep in caves, the deep ocean, or the deep rainforests... These cryptid creatures would be in plain sight of humans.

Demons? Meh. Don't really get that. Don't really know much about them. I thought they were Christian, but it seems like Japan has their own concept of demons as well. We don't need anything supernatural to understand that some humans are just evil.

Edited by Envy

Yes, I believe in the existence of most supernatural or otherworldly creatures. Aliens, Ghosts, Cryptids, Demons, ect, ect. 

Aliens and ghosts especially have so much evidence proving that they do in fact exist, especially since thinking that Earth is the only planet in all the universe that won the galactic lottery and spawned intelligent life is pretty conceded. 

Nope, i don't believe it at all >_>

But a long time ago on the tv, it was a documentary show about ghosts. Well for me, i didn't enjoyed it at all because l did not like it, and sometimes, i am getting scared. :worry:

On 7/26/2020 at 8:06 PM, PoisonClaw said:

Aliens and ghosts especially have so much evidence proving that they do in fact exist

Agreed. There is so much video/audio evidence out there that you really can’t argue with it. Is there fake stuff? Of course. But there is plenty of it that is definitely real.

• Brohoof 1