Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Missed opportunities from the show.

CastletonSnob

(edited)
5 hours ago, Ittoni said:

huge egotistical narcissist

...Which was the most-unfitting personality they could've given him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOCvw-qu7iQ

Even the comics, redemption or not, managed to retain what little we did know about him before (i.e., that he was more serious and genre-savvy than the other villains).

Edited by Anti-Villain

For me, it will always be that they took the time to give Grogar a cool design, a nice theme, and an epic backstory where he was the driving force in the creation of Equestria's monsters, making him possibly some kind of creator spirit to rival Discord's chaos, only to screw everything up with a lack of further development beyond his initial appearance and making him a joke with that terrible plot twist. 

Other than that, I always wanted to learn more about how Earth Pony magic worked, and to maybe see other G1 villains or characters referenced. 

• 2 weeks later...

The city of Baltimare (located on the official map of Equestria by Horseshoe Bay) was never seen in the F.I.M. series even though it was occasionally mentioned and the mayor of that city appeared in Season 7.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:56 AM, Pathfinder said:

Only thing really missing for me was the lack of any context for the zebras and why Zecora decided to live in Equestria. Anything outside of that (deer, more Sombra) is me being greedy. :P

(Deer didn't exist in FiM until Best Gift Ever because YOU were the "Chosen One". :pinkie:)

I wish we got to see Scorpan especially after what happened in the "first part" of the Season 9 finale. 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:17 PM, nightshroud96 said:

Spike's origins, seriously.. even if he no longer seeks his family, we deserve to know how the heck did his egg ended up with the ponies. Eggs of sapient beings don't just end up their possession out of thin air like that. 

I always believed that Spike's real dragon parents were destinied to die but they made sure that he would have a chance at life, which is how his egg ultimately ended up in Celestia's possession

There are a few things I would call missed opportunities, but the main one for me is the fleshing out of Equestria. There is so much of Equestria we never got to see in the show (Fillydelphia, Baltimare, Stratusburg, etc.). On top of that, other locations with potential that did appear were underutilized. Cloudsdale is an example of that. I honestly would rather learn more about these places then all the places outside of Equestria.

All that being said, I still like the show for what it did give us about Equestria. This is just a little gripe I have with it, that's all.

• 1 year later...