Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What Tv shows have you stopped watching?

Reecejackox

Fairly Odd Parents amd Spongebob, along with most other cartoons. Became too busy with school, we got rid of cable, and the newer episodes weren't as enjoyable.

Stopped watching Kids Next Door because I wasn't allowed to from it being a bad influence or something.

Well.. My Little Pony: FiM. I never watched the last two seasons because the show kind of got boring for me.

I also only watched the first season of Avatar: TLA for the same reason.

• 5 months later...

WWE Monday Night Raw & Friday Night Smackdown. 

The company has the largest, most talented collection of pro-wrestlers on the planet and WWE have no clue how to use them. It's been mediocre for like, twenty years, but it's gotten especially bad over the last five. I haven't watched SD in 8 months, and that was just to see how they'd do a show during lock-down. Haven't watched raw in over a year and a half. On top of their inconsistent, stagnant, overproduced model of episodic TV, WWE are just downright unethical, and I can't in good conscious support them. 

I've found better alternatives in AEW & NJPW.  

• Brohoof 3

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. My interest in the show remained consistently strong from Seasons 1 to 4. However, it began fluctuating since Season 5, until it dropped significantly during Season 8. I tried forcing myself to watch Season 9, but gave up altogether after only three episodes into that season.

Part of me really wanted to watch this show to the very end...  I guess not. Any emotional attachment and nostalgia I've had for MLP:FIM is long gone. :yeahno:

Edited by Woohoo
  • Brohoof 1

On 7/26/2020 at 5:08 AM, Kamii said:

ny LifeI also only watched the first season of Avatar: TLA for the same reason.

Your seriously missing out big time is all I can say about that :o

As for me, shows that I stopped watching include SpongeBob (the early seasons of that show and the first movie are fantastic, but it's really gone downhill since then), Pony Life (I watched the first two episodes and was like :yeahno:), and... that's about it. I'm honestly pretty good at finishing out a show once I start one, even if I don't really like it, so it's not really often that I don't finish one. :muffins:     

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 2

I stopped watching Star trek because the newer one, Star Trek discovery has a bunch of CGI and modernistic bullshit included in it. The classics are where it is at. The star trek movies from 2009 onward are pure garbage too.

Agents of SHIELD at first. Series was boring with the threat of the week formula it used at first. I gave it another chance once my brother, who didn’t give up on it, began telling me sweet plot twists like Grant’s betrayal, and Skye being an obscure Marvel heroine. Began catching up later, and didn’t regret it :mlp_smug:

• 5 weeks later...

For me, it's Pokémon. I used to watch it all the time as a kid, and I got up to (and completed) the series located in the Kalos region. I watched a couple of episodes from the Alola region, but I lost interest very quickly, and eventually stopped watching Pokémon altogether. At the moment, ponies are taking over my life (which may be a reason why I stopped watching other shows too).

• Brohoof 2

The Seven Deadly Sins. The constant and completely uncalled for groping of the main female character by the main male protagonist is completely disgusting and I couldn't stand it anymore. Honestly, the first time it happened should have been enough for me to stop watching it altogether, as he did it to her while she was unconscious. Absolutely disgusting. The series would be so much better if they just removed that. Not that anything I watched of it led me to believe that it was all of that great to begin with.

• Brohoof 1

MLP: FiM (and I likely won't be watching G5), Disenchanted (To me, it's just the Simpsons/Futurama with a different skin), She-Ra Princesses of Power, Steven Universe, Dragon Prince

FiM, by S6 I was already basically forcing myself to watch(though I liked S7 and 8) and I hated S9 so much I quit halfway through and never bothered finishing it(almost did the same to S6. Only reason I kept going was because S7 got announced)

• Brohoof 1

On 2/3/2021 at 4:43 AM, RaraLover said:

For me, it's Pokémon. I used to watch it all the time as a kid, and I got up to (and completed) the series located in the Kalos region. I watched a couple of episodes from the Alola region, but I lost interest very quickly, and eventually stopped watching Pokémon altogether. At the moment, ponies are taking over my life (which may be a reason why I stopped watching other shows too).

Holy shit, how could I forget Pokemon? Man, I used to be a die hard fan of it as a kid. Hell, Ash was even older than me :dash:. Got bored about mid Hoenn, and later left the games as well. Lest I find Pokemon related was the Detective Pikachu film :mlp_yeehaa:. I’m also open to the new Pokemon Snap tho :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1