Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Will The Coronavirus Ever Go Away? Will We Ever Recover From It?

IgnitedEnergy

No infectious disease has had an impact quite like this since the Spanish Flu. I can't speak for the rest of the world, but the US economy in particular is suffering and there's so much speculation that from an economic standpoint, the worst is yet to come.

I'm glad the governor here in Colorado finally put a mask order in place for everybody age 3 or older. But I can already tell 100% compliance is out of the question. Let's just say my area in particular has thrown a fit before over restrictions. Lots of people in CO believe the virus is a hoax. The anti-vax crowd is out in full force with bizarre conspiracy theories about Bill Gates and the CDC developing a vaccine that would "injure" everybody (even though most of these anti-vaxxers are also avid Trump supporters and he says he wants a vaccine out soon...).

I just wonder if it's going to get bad enough for the whole state to shut down again. Cases and hospitalizations have recently been ramping up again. 

Until a good enough vaccine is made, I don't think so. :worry: Feel free to disagree but I think that will be the only way to cure it, provided people stop being stupid and actually go and get the vaccine. :dry: For the Oxford one they're saying September which I think is reasonable, especially considering the fact that they've been working on it since January. :squee: I really hope that'll be the answer. :-D

6 hours ago, Asbel Lhant said:

I was too. And yes they do. Doctors simply lie about it so they can keep making money off of people. I've heard about kids who didn't start acting autistic until after they got vaccinated. It's possible I was also born with my condition though. I have others besides Autism.

Doctors do oversell drugs for certain things and over medicate sometimes but in the case of vaccines this is a different matter. 

In the case of vaccines while we can have critical discussion on it as there are some cases of vaccines that may have been researched badly and gone wrong, the intention, and the reasoning of having them is right.

If you are talking about the research that was done on the links to Autism and vaccines the trend they saw was purely coincidental as there was a certain time period Autism was more likely to express itself. The research was badly done. The author of has renounced this research. It's only those spreading this disinformation, and the effects of that have meant that people who would have had it have now not and the reappearance of what was almost eliminated. Autism is not caused by Vaccines.

Vaccines are usually the weakened form of a virus or a proportion of it. They aren't random chemicals. It is that or getting the real thing. Usually if there is anyone who is very vulnerable they do not get vaccinated. It is about herd immunity. Vaccines have done a lot of good in the world.

• Brohoof 1

Most likely we'll feel the effects of this pandemic; even after the virus itself is conquered. It will take a while for confidence to return, for businesses to function like normal, for social gatherings to become appropriate again, etc. IIRC, after the 1918 pandemic people were even scared to go back to churches until the 1920s, so we'll likely be in this for the long haul.

• Brohoof 3

I don't know if it will ever truly "go away" since viruses have a tendency to stay but become weaker as we develop immunities against them. Will we recover from it? Of course. We did have the Spanish flu decades ago (which was, arguably, way worse than COVID-19) and we hardly feel the consequences of it anymore. We will still face a lot economic problems for a few years but we'll recover.

22 minutes ago, You said:

Once masks because mandatory in Germany infection numbers reduced by 80%

Really? That actually happened because of Germans wearing masks? Because if it did, then wearing a mask should be mandated in America.

19 minutes ago, You said:

And there comes your common American and starts screamng that wearing a mask is tyranny and impacting his constitutional freedoms.

Well that's an overgeneralization, to say that the common American does such. What proof do you have that the majority of Americans act that way?

Or perhaps, you did not intend to make that overgeneralization. Am I or am I not correct?

17 minutes ago, You said:

Stay realistic and expect 1.5 years from now on.

What makes you say that 1.5 years from now is realistic and not anytime more or less?

(edited)
1 hour ago, You said:

And there comes your common American and starts screamng that wearing a mask is tyranny and impacting his constitutional freedoms. I am not making this up. Or flashing a gun in a store if he asked to leave until he wears one.

I don’t know what that has to do with my comment.

Most people recognize that there is a difference between having to wear a mask and being separated from a child, spouse, or long-term partner. Please don’t confuse the vocal minority with the silent majority.

I know you hate America but I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve here; please remain sensible.

EDIT: Just read your above comment and I now see you were exaggerating. Hard to tell intentions through text. :p 

Edited by SparklingSwirls

29 minutes ago, You said:

Really tells you how far and long the US are lagging behind, and how absolutely mishandled the pandemic.

Don't even mention how mishandled the pandemic is here in the US, it's embarrassing to say the least. many people are not following guidelines at all and are taking too many risks as if the coronavirus doesn't even exist. There are about 4 million cases in the US alone, and about 16 million cases globally. That means the US makes up about 25% of the total cases worldwide.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

There are about 4 million cases in the US alone, and about 16 million cases globally. That means the US makes up about 25% of the total cases worldwide.

I don’t really trust raw case numbers because testing is so different in different countries. Brazil, Mexico, India for example probably have a lot more cases than they’re testing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, You said:

If you want to be generous, just pt test/1mpop and cases or deaths/1m pop in relation to see it that holds up.

Well okay, here you go: 

Tests: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104645/covid19-testing-rate-select-countries-worldwide/

Deaths: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Again, I’m not saying the US is doing good by any means. Just that there are too many factors at play to determine numbers with certainty, because every country is recording their metrics differently. 

• Brohoof 1

On 7/26/2020 at 1:52 AM, EpicEnergy said:

Will someone finally develop the cure for it?

There is a cure for it already, multiple of them actually, according to this scientific paper for example, and multiple others (look for the right things and you shall find).

Of course you won't hear anything about it in the media nor from WHO. You have to look up such stuff yourself.

Will it ever go away?

The virus itself most likely won't, but the disease caused by it – most certainly yes, as all similar diseases before it, when a certain threshold percentage of the population will gain immunity. Don't underestimate the power of your own immune system! Because this is the only thing that can actually defeat the virus, and it can do that before it will spread enough in your body to make you sick. Gaining immunity by enough people is also what stops diseases from spreading in general (not just this one), because even if there are people still not immune or whose immune system is weak (e.g. infants, elders, or people who have other diseases, especially those treated by doctors with immunosuppresive "cures"), if they are surrounded with people who already have immunity, they work as a shield protecting them, because the virus can't jump to them through immune people.

That's also the reason why the number of people infected is not something bad and should be as high as possible, as long as it is being kept under control (that is, enough room for them in hospitals etc.). It's the number of people who died from it that's bad. This should be kept as low as possible, obviously.

And if you're unlucky to get sick (because there's multiple of people who caught the virus and yet didn't even sweat because their own immune system kept it in check), there's a couple of things you should keep in mind:

It's not the virus that's dangerous to your life, it's the treatment. And unfortunately most doctors are very terrible in that, especially those who blindly believe the WHO and follow their advices. The biggest problem caused by the virus is the inflammation of lungs that happens when your immune system "overreacts" to the virus (look up cytokine storm). Your lungs fill up with mucus and you can't breathe properly, so they try pumping air into your lungs with a respirator. But this won't help! Think logically: if your lungs are filled with mucus, how can the oxygen from air pumped into it pass through that mucus into your blood? :q  It won't!  That's why so many people die: not from the virus, but from lack of proper treatment, when they suffocate because of lack of oxygen in their blood.

So what would be a proper way to solve this problem? Oxygenating the blood extravenously, similarly to how they do dialysis or transfusion, in order to restore the proper levels of oxygen in the blood by passing around your lungs entirely. In the meantime, they need to reduce the inflammation so that your lungs could work again and you could breathe on your own. There are multiple way of reducing the inflammation. One of them is DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide), which is an organosulphate solvent that has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative properties (which will become clear in a minute). It stops G1 lymphoidal cells from overreacting (but in a reversible way, so it doesn't damage your immune system).

Then you have to get rid of what causes the inflammation in the first place, and the products of decomposition of damaged cells, which usually means a lot of free radicals floating around and damaging more cells. So you have to neutralize those free radicals somehow, and the chemicals that do that are called antioxidants, because their job is to catch those oxygen radicals and bind with them, and then transport them to your liver where they can be neutralized and removed from your body. The most well-known antioxidant is of course the ascorbate, also known as "vitamin C". Yes, the humble, popular and freely available drug that is safe to ingest because it's impossible to overdose, since it goes into the blood stream from your intestines through special transport channels that once get saturated, cannot transport any more stuff, and any excess is simply excreted with your poop (which means that you just waste the drug, so it's not smart either to ingest more than you can take :q ). Vitamin C is great for your body anyway, for multiple of reasons (e.g. it is also used in the last stage of producing the protein that makes collagen fibres – the stuff that holds your body together), and there has been research that shows that it also has antiviral property – not just for this particular virus, but other viruses as well – because it joins with the glycoproteins sticking from the virus's capsid, making it unable to attach to receptors on cells. But most importantly in this case, it can remove the waste products of the inflammation out of your system, but for that, it has to be injected in high doses by your doctor directly into your blood stream. Simply taking pills might work as prevention, but for treatment, higher doses are needed, hence the injections.

Another important drug is cholecalciferol, also known as "vitamin D3". There is some research showing that besides its usual well-known role in transporting calcium in your body, it also has antioxidative properties and it can regulate the way your immune system works, lowering the chance of getting lung diseases and helping your body recover from them once you do.

If you want to know more, look up Dr. John Campbell (he's got a channel on YouTube, and publishes a lot of informative stuff about this matter, quoting scientific research and providing links to scientific papers), or Dr. Richard Cheng who also provides a lot of information that you won't find in mainstream media, especially about using those treatments in Shanghai, China, with success. I'm sorry that I can't provide any links here because YouTube is removing such videos almost instantly after being uploaded (they really don't want you to know this stuff, do they? :q ), so you have to search for them on your own. Seek and you shall find. If not on YouTube, then on other platforms who are less asinine about it (e.g. BitChute).

And most importantly, will things ever return back to normal?

I wouldn't count on that, unfortunately, because this plandemic is made on purpose, as a great opportunity for the people in power to enforce more strict policies and diminish your freedoms even more than they could with electronic technology. They want you to be scared, especially of other people, because that makes people weak and easier to control by the media and the Internet. It makes people suspicious about each other, it makes them rat on each other like they did in communist regimes (as was the case in New York, with people ratting at each other to the government about not wearing masks), and it makes people fight with each other in scare of getting sick. When people are isolated and closed in their home prisons, they get lonely and depressed, and they get more vulnerable to manipulation from the TV and smartphone screens, because in stress and emotions they're less likely to question what the "experts" from the TV tell them to do. And what they tell them is often a steaming pile of BS. It's also about what they're not telling you, as you can see above.

Whatever happens, remember one wise thing: no one will take care of you better than yourself, and nobody has more interest in your well being than yourself. Governments, people in power, "experts", and even the doctors, are less likely to actually care about you. They care much more about your money and to keep you under their control. Don't let them do that. Think for yourself. Educate yourself. Look up stuff on your own. Dig deeper. Question everything (even the stuff I wrote here – don't just believe me, look stuff up on your own, just keep in mind that you will encounter A LOT of misinformation, and you have to gain knowledge to be able to judge who's right and who's bullshitting you).

Stay calm, and stay healthy, and good luck. You're gonna need it.

(edited)

Until a vaccine is developed, I'm not so sure. Huntington Beach, California may be one example of a wave of anti-maskerism, but it's one example of a massive microcosm of people within this country who still don't take Covid seriously. People like Trump (who still downplays Covid and refused to wear a mask out in the open until this month), Brian Kemp (who signed an executive order banning mask mandates), Ron DeSantis (Yo, idiot! Florida's the Covid capital now, and you're still not locking down the state?! Fucking hell!), and anti-maskers as a whole created this insane conspiracy theory that ties the idea of not wearing a mask to being a real American.

But it ain't just Republicans. Governor Cuomo may be serious now, but he responded exceedingly slowly. Had he locked down NY one week sooner, 17,000 lives would've been saved…and he used the lockdown to cut Medicaid and scale back progressive bail reforms (and jails are now notorious for being Covid clusters).

On 7/25/2020 at 9:29 PM, Asbel Lhant said:

I don't trust vaccines. They're what made me the way I am. And they were forced on me when I was an infant and didn't even have a say in it. I don't need to become more Autistic.

Time and time and time and time again, vaccines or ingredients in them do not cause autism or mutate to where kids become part of that spectrum. The paper that came up with this conclusion is a complete and utter fraud, and thus retracted. The "doctor" who published that paper lost his medical license.

Worrying about whether the rapid development of covid's vaccine will result in it being too weak or causing scary side effects is valid. Can't blame anyone for that. But as terrible as the tragedies of kids paralyzing and dying from the polio vaccine in 1955 are, the standards of vaccine production improved since. On the whole, vaccines are safe.

23 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

For the Oxford one they're saying September which I think is reasonable, especially considering the fact that they've been working on it since January. :squee: I really hope that'll be the answer. 

Cuba's developing a Covid vaccine, too. So far, results are positive. Considering Cuba has one of the best healthcare systems in the entire world despite being virtually locked out of the world's resources, I give the report the benefit of the doubt.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Time and time and time and time again, vaccines or ingredients in them do not cause autism or mutate to where kids become part of that spectrum. The paper that came up with this conclusion is a complete and utter fraud, and thus retracted. The "doctor" who published that paper lost his medical license

Exactly.

I'm autistic and was born that way. Me getting vacinated had nothing to do with my condiction.

And I do take our safety precautions seriously here in America. I keep my face mask in my car whenever I have to go somewhere. And I wore one throughout my entire shift as a sign spinner this weekend. Only taking it off to have my lunch or to drink some water.

• Brohoof 3

Yes, it will go away. Just like any pandemic.
It just take time before it can go away and before there's a good vaccin.

we just need to hold on!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, You said:

And the medicament wasn't tested on humans

Have you missed the "FDA-approved" piece that appears at least 5 times in the paper? :q
It's not some crazy new drug, it's a drug that has been on the market for quite a while now, "FDA-approved" and used with success, just for other purposes than antiviral therapies.

Or maybe you missed the part that says "Ivermectin has similarly been shown to be effective against the DNA virus pseudorabies virus (PRV) both in vitro and in vivo"?
Sure, while "in vivo" just means "inside a living organism" which doesn't necessarily mean a human organism, it's still better than "not tested at all", especially if the drug is being safely used for years with no side effects to cure other diseases, so I wouldn't dismiss it so cynically yet. Especially if it has been already demonstrated that it can basically kill the virus in 48 hours – something that NONE of the current FDA- or WHO-approved treatments seems to be able to do.

There's also this part:
"(...) a phase III clinical trial in Thailand in 2014–2017, against DENV infection, in which a single daily oral dose was observed to be safe and resulted in a significant reduction in serum levels of viral NS1 protein (...)"
which clearly shows that some clinical trials indeed have been conducted, even if not with SARS-CoV-2 patients, but with patients infected with similar viruses that have similar protein binding mechanisms.

You can also find statements like:
"no toxicity of ivermectin was observed at any of the timepoints tested, in either the sample wells or in parallel tested drug alone samples"
or:
"Again, no toxicity was observed with ivermectin at any of the concentrations tested."
or:
"Ivermectin has an established safety profile for human use (sources) and is FDA-approved for a number of parasitic infections (sources). Importantly, recent reviews and meta-analysis indicate that high dose ivermectin has comparable safety as the standard low-dose treatment (...)"

Could it be that you didn't even care to read the paper in the first place, or the other sources cited in it, because it disagrees with your views? :q
I hope not, because that would be very shallow.

(Also, there's been multiple other similar papers already, I just brought up this one example to show that the cures in fact already exist.)

But setting this aside:
Do you really believe that people should be disallowed to use certain drugs that has been proven to be so much effective in a lab when people are literally dying around?
Are you really saying that they should patiently wait for merciful approval of some organizations when their lives are at stake?
Should they be disallowed to take the risk of using that drug if they want to?
Who are those people to decide about other people's lives and organisms? Whom do these organisms belong to? :q

1 hour ago, You said:

More specifically, the ICUs and ventilators.

Which don't seem to work too well anyway, from reasons I mentioned in my previous post.
Well, unless one's goal is to send as many people as possible to kingdom come :q (which is clearly happening in the US right now, and if this isn't enough of a cold shower, then I don't know what is).

1 hour ago, You said:

Who is not educated on the suject, to my knowledge. He is not a virulogist or pandemician, afaik.

And this makes him impossible to have any knowledge on the subject or talk about it, right?
Appeal to credentials / authority fallacy much? :J
If you watched at least one of his videos, you would know that he quotes a lot of scientific sources in his videos that support what he says, so even if you don't believe him because all you care about is credentials, then what about the people he quotes? Are you gonna dismiss them too just because "a crank quotes it, so it can't be up to anything good"? :q

"The truth remains true no matter if it came from the mouth of a wise, or a fool, or even the beak of a parrot." – someone wise.

(BTW neither are those people who "educate" you from the TV screens every day. Just sayin... :q
 Also, the fact that someone is a virologist, doesn't mean that he's always right and knows everything.)

1 hour ago, You said:

And if it didn't raise alarm bells regarding CTs, it does now.

Oh, so now you're trying to put a tinfoil hat on my head just because I expressed my observation that those "treatments" doesn't seem to work quite well? :q
I mean, come on! How many people has to die before people will notice that something is not quite right here? :q
Why is it that treatments that work are being kept away from the public then? What is your explanation?

1 hour ago, You said:
17 hours ago, SasQ said:

because this plandemic is made on purpose, as a great opportunity for the people in power to enforce more strict policies and diminish your freedoms

² 

?

Let me guess, tinfoiling me again? :q
You don't have to believe me. Just look around.
Also, this is not exactly a secret either:

1 hour ago, You said:

That's certainly not a trustworthy source.

Maybe because it's not a SOURCE to begin with :P  It's a PLATFORM, on which EVERYONE can upload a video. Whatever is in that video, and whether it is reliable or not, is for the VIEWERS to decide. It's like saying that Google is not a reliable source, therefore every scientific paper found through Google is bogus. :crackle:

I'm facepalming hard right now -_-'

But I guess that all the information you needed about this platform were the buzzwords like "alt-right", "far-right" and "conspiracy theorists"? :q
(Not to mention that Wikipedia itself is "reliable" AF ;q I could talk for hours on how it fabricates sources, contains a lot of political bias and questionable information, block certain information from the public, etc., and I wouldn't be alone with these observations.)

People post on different platforms outside of YouTube because Google is trying to hold a monopoly on information and filter what you are allowed to see and what you aren't allowed to see by them. Those other platforms usually don't try to tell you what you should think – they just host the content and you are supposed to decide on your own whether it makes sense or not.

Information is just that: information. It is not the job of the platform to filter (censor) what information should be available or tell people what they should or shouldn't believe. That decision is on the people, they should always scrutinize and verify information on their own. But they have the right to know. And the mainstream media are keeping such information away from them for what purpose, exactly? :q  I'll leave it to you all to decide...

Edited by SasQ

If the media would stop incessantly talking endlessly about it, it probably would go away within a few weeks. I'm also sure if Joe Biden is elected in November, conveniently after his term starts the Coronavirus will just magically vanish. What a clown world this is..... :dry:

Of course we will recover from it eventually. Whether or not it will ever go away, well that's more of a question to leave to the experts :twi:

I would assume yes it will, but a lot of scientists seem to think that it won't, so I guess it will most likely stick around in small clusters seasonally even after a vaccine. Kind of similar to the flu but not as prominent due to us spending so many resources to contain and research it.

5 minutes ago, You said:

It wasn't JB who said the virus would magically vanish

No, but most of the media is undoubtedly for Joe Biden. If he wins they're gonna try to make him look good so of course they're gonna start reporting "number of virus cases are going down"-but only IF he wins. If he doesn't, then don't expect them to stop talking about this virus anytime soon and blowing things WAY out of proportion. Again, it's a clown world :scoots: 

One can only hope, given how unbelievably annoying this situation is, and has been. Not the virus itself, mind you.

Having to wear masks everywhere.

Everything being closed forever and always.

Hysteria and panic. 

It's a goddamn nightmare and here I was hoping for a normal year. You know, do some summer activities, join a club, all kinds of things! things that didn't involve masks and "social distancing" and all this retarded stuff that's now our norm.  

10 minutes ago, You said:

It is an irony. It wasn't JB who said the virus would magically vanish - it was his political opponent.

Irony, indeed. While there’s plenty to not like about Joe Biden, the Obama Administration took pandemics seriously. Trump, OTOH, can’t tell the difference between fiction and reality and remains in complete denial over his catastrophic mismanagement of this crisis.

• Brohoof 3

52 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Trump, OTOH, can’t tell the difference between fiction and reality

What do you mean by OTOH?

24 minutes ago, You said:

Yes, it sucks. But these are dire times. And while we might wish it would be different, being ignorant of all the danger will just make matters worse.

The US need to do a new and stricter lockdown, and why? Partly because people can't be responsible themselves, and go to beaches, clubs and stuff as if the virus doesn't exist. Not willing to wear masks even if they help immensely.

These huge spikes in the US? If you are not adhering to the safety measures, you got your own part for them happening, including the consequences of even stricter measures.

I agree.

@Olly

What's one year without beaches and clubs. if we just follow the rules and stick that out for one year, we'll likely be able to get over it quicker in maybe 2 years than say 10 years if we don't follow the rules that just allows the virus to spread faster before we can start curing it.

All this "retarded stuff being our new norm" is not going to be forever if we just swallow our pride and just take a small safety period to make things so much easier to control in the future

• Brohoof 2