Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Will The Coronavirus Ever Go Away? Will We Ever Recover From It?

EpicEnergy

3 hours ago, You said:

Me? Not quite. We have been way more careful about this in my country, even with lower (relative) infected numbers. Right now, the US needs to do huge steps to reduce the infection rates, and once that is done, stuff can re-open. Right now, the US don't really have many luxuries.

I'm curious; do you actually know of any scientific/medical sources that support school closures? 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, You said:

Basically by not be willing to take lockdowns or - from what I have gathered - socially distance from others and wear masks.

I'll "socially distance" from people I don't know, like everyone normally does. I'll wear a mask when I have to, like in the grocery store. Will I wear a mask and stay 6 ft apart when I'm around my friends and family? absolutely not. 

On 7/29/2020 at 11:56 AM, You said:

And when I say ignorant, I merely mean this in relation to covid: Don't want to see or acknowledge it existing or how bad it is. Not wanting to know. You did not yet get how serious the situation is - given also by how you are mad about not going to pubs and the likes. It hits everyone somewhere, not just you.

If you're upset because I'm not as afraid as you, or you expect some different reaction out of me then what I give, that's really your own problem. I don't need to behave differently, or to act more frightened, or whatever.  

Will we recover from it?

We must, because there will be larger threats than the Corona in the future. There are worse viruses around, and virus usually spread in some way or form that is equal to Corona

• Brohoof 1

I've learned to stop checking the news because it just makes me sad when I see articles that say it will never go away. None of them even mention a vaccine.

It's got to go away when enough people get vaccinated surely. I so badly want to be able to hug people again! :worry:

Anyway, Covid can lick my flank! :angry:

I have talked to many people lately, and they are all getting ready to accept long term Covid-19, like at least the entire rest of 2020

Just a horrible nightmare we can't get away from, but we've got to.  Sports are taking a :nom:hit from this.  Think of all the NBA championships that the Corona Virus is denying to us.  Odd that :dry:MLB is fighting to survive.  We may end up two or more years :worry:without football.  Think of all the kids who are playing football, which is put together in school, in the :awed:quarterback occupation to go pro whose dreams are to win nine Super Bowl championships.  That’s right, three more Super Bowl championships in order to be :(better than Tom Brady.  While we're at it, what's the Pittsburgh Steelers' biggest choke job?  

We'll be fine. As time goes on people will build up immunity so the spread will slow down, and I'm pretty sure it won't be that long before vaccine trials will pick up speed. Plus, no matter what the media say, a large amount of patients really don't get that sick from it. The threat is more in the quick spread than the actual mortality rate.

On 8/2/2020 at 8:16 PM, You said:

I am pretty sure eventually a solution will be found. Even if it will not go away completely, just like Ebola, we will find a way to get along with it.

Ebola quickly makes its host so sick and that they can't move or go anywhere and you often die from Ebola in a few days. With covid 19 most people who get it don't even know that they contracted it. You go around and spread it to a bunch of other people and then those people spread it to another group of people. Multiply that by 100x, 1000x, etc and you have a big problem.

Edited by zerox
  • Brohoof 1