Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ultimate Home Media Guide (DVD/Blu-ray)

Paianis

(edited)

This year is a somewhat interesting for the old FiM show in general as Hasbro and its various distributors begin the transition to the next series. All of the back catalogue through Season 8 has had a physical release at least somewhere around the world, and while there's still a fair amount of information to be found about them online, I want to document them as thoroughly as possible, as the iTunes and Netflix availability might not last the rest of this half-century.

The Region 1 DVD sets are a known quantity so I've focused on Regions 2 and 4 so far. One discovery is that Bats! is unavailable on the English/French/Italian+ releases, one has to turn to the Nordic Rarity Takes Manehattan DVD to get it. I'm aware of the German Blu-rays (I own them), I'll get round to adding them at some point.

I welcome any additions or corrections that anyone posts below if they so wish. Feel free to share this everywhere.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hvo4Fd2v_SspYg4cVdQh_e6u1gHm4Cw5C-s3SgPpayA/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Paianni
  • Brohoof 2

Arent the latest bunch of german DVDs with the wrong Episode speed? ( Season 4-6 i believe )

I havent tried them myself since i have Netflix, so i dont know for sure, i just saw a bunch of Reviews on Amazon that said it.

19 minutes ago, Lex Destrosio said:

Arent the latest bunch of german DVDs with the wrong Episode speed? ( Season 4-6 i believe )

I havent tried them myself since i have Netflix, so i dont know for sure, i just saw a bunch of Reviews on Amazon that said it.

Someone posted a sample or two.

The show was animated at 24fps (with background audio synchronised with this frame rate), so broadcasts at 25fps in 'PAL' territories necessitate audio speedup by about 4%. The DVDs are made from the broadcast masters.

• Brohoof 1