bwrosas

Hasbro Hinting That This Is The Direction They Want To Take Other Franchises, Specifically MLP G5

With the way Hasbro is promoting "Transformers: War For Cybertron SIEGE", one has to wonder if this is the direction they want to take their other franchises in the future, most specifically "My Little Pony: G5". I mean with the rumors/leaks that came out around last year that Hasbro intends for G5 to be aimed at an older audience when it comes out, possibly starting with the 2021/2022 movie, it does seem to fall in line with this new direction that Hasbro is possibly/maybe be heading, starting with "SIEGE"

• Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

I would be all for a version of MLP that's aimed at older audiences. I don't keep track of the other Hasbro franchises though, so I can't say on how well they're implementing this change in direction (if that's the way they are indeed going) :fluttershy: 

(edited)

Slightly older audiences maybe but I still think it should be targeted more to kids with a slightly general audience type vibe maybe.

Edited by flurry
  • Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1

Badges

By “older audiences” they don’t mean adults. They likely mean ages 6+ (I give that age range because generation 4 was for ages 2-6 years old). So you shouldn’t expect any adult content or anything even bordering that.

Ahhh they better not kill my Transformers dreams.....

40 minutes ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

They likely mean ages 6+ (I give that age range because generation 4 was for ages 2-6 years old). So you shouldn’t expect any adult content or anything even bordering that

Does it make any difference thought? I don't really watch kids show, but both 2-6 and 6+ seem too young to introduce anything maturer than we've already seen

They could have slightly more mature themes and lessons, that focus on the deeper aspects of friendship

21 minutes ago, Vefka said:

Does it make any difference thought? I don't really watch kids show, but both 2-6 and 6+ seem too young to introduce anything maturer than we've already seen

That’s really my point. It won’t make a difference, honestly. Like @C. Thunder Dash said, it may have more mature lessons but by “mature” they obviously don’t mean anything adult.

1 minute ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

but by “mature” they obviously don’t mean anything adult.

And this could also mean taking lessons that FiM taught us and exploring them more, like answering the "Why?", which FiM sort of skimmed the surface during certain lessons, mainly the larger episodes.

• Brohoof 3
  • teacup 1

5 minutes ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

That’s really my point. It won’t make a difference, honestly. Like @C. Thunder Dash said, it may have more mature lessons but by “mature” they obviously don’t mean anything adult.

Yeah, it's obviously that there wouldn't be any adult themes, but I wonder if this will give a bit more of freedom in indirect things. We already have a lot of references for an adult audience in G4, eg they indirectly showed in the last episode that Granny Smith had died due to her age

14 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

And this could also mean taking lessons that FiM taught us and exploring them more, like answering the "Why?", which FiM sort of skimmed the surface during certain lessons, mainly the larger episodes.

Was it confirmed that G5 will be about friendship too? 

1 hour ago, Vefka said:

Was it confirmed that G5 will be about friendship too? 

I sure hope it is! :D

I don't know anything about the current state if Transformers but I rather enjoyed parts of what I think was the Prime varient? Especially with how they explored Megatron's current relationship with Starscream and his former one with Optimus. I'd be over the moon if G5 mirrored MLP:FIM but with some deeper dives into characters and having to deal with more serious situations. Show me some longlasting consequences and better justifications for certain actions. Looking at your origin Starlight and your self and apparently everything else destructive guilt trip Luna.

I'm not exactly sure what direction they are going to take for G5, but I hope it's good regardless of what direction they take.

• Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1

If G5 takes this route, I hope to see how they handle Luna there if she gets a counterpart there.

Oh good, I was afraid that all this was referencing Pony Life. 

(edited)
On 7/28/2020 at 5:30 AM, Bakugou is my Man said:

By “older audiences” they don’t mean adults. They likely mean ages 6+ (I give that age range because generation 4 was for ages 2-6 years old). So you shouldn’t expect any adult content or anything even bordering that.

G4 was for <6 years? I doubt kids younger than that could understand most of FiM's dialogue. That age bracket is dominated by the likes of Dora. Even six years is a bit of a stretch, maybe nine years is about right.

Edited by Paianni

There shall be no blood for the Blood God, but hopefully there shall be lore for the Lore God.