Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request shop Gaines' OC Redesign Shop

Gaines

(edited)

Welcome to my shop
:mlp_yeehaa:

I'm doing colored rough sketches Ponysona or MLP OC redesigns. You would give me a character whose original design you'd like altered and I will draw it. Examples of my work are here, here, here and here

Please:
1) Provide an image of the character you'd like me to redesign
2) Inform me about any specific changes in your request
3) Request up to 2 character redesigns per week

Spoiler

Once the request is done, you are free to credit me and share my redesign of your character. I trust y'all to NOT repost it in shady websites and/or claim my art as your own.

Spoiler

Understand that the shop will sometimes close temporarily. When it does, I will comment something like [CLOSED]. Once the shop opens up again, I will comment something like [OPEN].

Please direct message me any questions you may have about the shop.

:mlp_smug:

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 4

What the Hay.

I did Lavender Sky as more of a playing around with colors on Pony Maker for a different Oc I later scrapped.  But I liked her color layout, just ever really used her.

Changes: 

• A tad larger wings given in the area she lives is hot and she can fly uses the heat like hawks and birds of prey use and etc
  • Have her mane a little longer with a few braids thrown in and same for the tail.
  • A tad taller with a more slender built, given her type tend to be more slender so they can use the hot air currents while flying.
  • Rest you can go wild a bit on! 

z5.png

z1.png

• Brohoof 1

@Gaines

Oo! This looks fun!

Could you do one of Emerald Heart?

Spoiler

1193392986_EmeraldHeart.png.6076b91611ca2e4c548a66d6c593b976.png.74099f61cfa5cc972e2cede3811ae635.png

I'd like the key to be INSIDE the keyhole of the heart-shaped lock. 

She's pretty sassy, so maybe make her look hella annoyed?

I want her hair to be pulled up into a lzy bun using the same color hairband. Oh! And you can leave some loose hair on the right side (like she has in the photo, although maybe a bit more wavy?)

• Brohoof 1

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpg.f30b8674067d841f63171a5250d4c66f.jpg

Can you please make her coat a mix of light brown and light pink and her mane a seafoam green? Also, I feel like something could be added to the Cutie Mark. I will leave that up to you, but I will say her special talent is giving magic to non-magical things. Everything else I would like to keep the same but the tail can be straightened out a bit if you wanna draw her standing since she is sitting right now.

OC Name: Indrimea

(edited)

Oooh I like this! Lightning has been needing a good redesign lately.

Screenshot_11.png.6e1364221f0e2a72bdbd4dbd02750065.png

I'd still love her to have a short mane, maybe in a ponytail, just different than the crappy Pony Maker one lmao. Something pretty simple and easy to draw, too.

Also her cutie mark- It's... it's from the maker and I don't like it.  Just make sure it's still lightning themed, since her special talent revolves around lightning

@Gaines I edited my description a bit, so you know what exactly to change regarding the hair.

OC Name: Lightning Charge

Edited by CookieCakes
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, CookieCakes said:

Oooh I like this! Lightning has been needing a good redesign lately.

Screenshot_11.png.6e1364221f0e2a72bdbd4dbd02750065.png

I'd still love her to have a short mane, just different than the crappy Pony Maker one lmao. Something pretty simple and easy to draw, too.

Also her cutie mark- It's... it's from the maker and I don't like it.  Just make sure it's still lightning themed, since her special talent revolves around lightning

I will say that you picked a pretty good name for your OC! :) 

On 7/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, Tao said:

I did Lavender Sky as more of a playing around with colors on Pony Maker for a different Oc I later scrapped.  But I liked her color layout, just ever really used her.

Changes: 

• A tad larger wings given in the area she lives is hot and she can fly uses the heat like hawks and birds of prey use and etc
  • Have her mane a little longer with a few braids thrown in and same for the tail.
  • A tad taller with a more slender built, given her type tend to be more slender so they can use the hot air currents while flying.
  • Rest you can go wild a bit on! 

@Tao
Here she is! 

dun.png
Let me know if anything needs to be changed. :)

• Brohoof 3

On 7/29/2020 at 12:20 AM, Emerald Heart said:

I'd like the key to be INSIDE the keyhole of the heart-shaped lock. 

She's pretty sassy, so maybe make her look hella annoyed?

I want her hair to be pulled up into a lzy bun using the same color hairband. Oh! And you can leave some loose hair on the right side (like she has in the photo, although maybe a bit more wavy?)

Hope you don't mind me slightly adjusting the color palette 
redesign-shop-1-1.png
Let me know if anything needs to be changed :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Gaines said:

Hope you don't mind me slightly adjusting the color palette 
redesign-shop-1-1.png
Let me know if anything needs to be changed :fluttershy:

Awesome! ^_^

21 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

The question is which one is better?

In this thread I support the artist.

But I do like you with a smile! :fluttershy:

(edited)
On 7/29/2020 at 9:41 AM, ExplosionMare said:

Can you please make her coat a mix of light brown and light pink and her mane a seafoam green? Also, I feel like something could be added to the Cutie Mark. I will leave that up to you, but I will say her special talent is giving magic to non-magical things. Everything else I would like to keep the same but the tail can be straightened out a bit if you wanna draw her standing since she is sitting right now.

OC Name: Indrimea

She's here! Sorry your original pic looks distorted a little bit
redesign-shop-2-2.png
Let me know if anything needs to be changed :grin:

Edited by Gaines
  • Brohoof 5

14 minutes ago, Gaines said:

redesign-shop-2-2.png

Oh my gosh :love::pinkie:

I love how you do this. ^-^ I would love to see how you would make Kyoshi, if you want to give that a try. Basically it wouldn't be much of a redesign mostly because I can't think of anything at the moment, but you could omit some of the finer details if you wish. Probably a confusing explanation but I am bad at that.

700682624_AggroKyoshiSIG1BassVersion.png.33e1801a57723a94efee832436150309.png

Basically this overall look, without the half gas mask and any other details you think would be too much. You are doing this stuff for free so I am not picky. The shirt and pants are pretty simple, a sorta goth/aggrotech look. 

Only one other detail, if you want to include it and it is why I want the clothing. See my self-acceptance blog below for that, if you haven't seen it. You'll know what it is when you see the blog. If you can include that, I would be grateful. You can use that comission in the blog as a reference too. Sorry if this is all convoluted, I am bad at explaining these things. I simply love seeing different renditions of Kyoshi from different people. Might use it as an avatar as well if you complete it, credit will be given. :) Let me know if I was too confusing here.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Gaines said:

redesign-shop-2-2.png

She’s so cute, thanks! I was going for an earthy tone but I couldn’t make it myself, so this helps a lot! (And don’t worry about the picture, it was just a sketch anyways)

• Brohoof 2

On 7/29/2020 at 6:17 PM, CookieCakes said:

I'd still love her to have a short mane, maybe in a ponytail, just different than the crappy Pony Maker one lmao. Something pretty simple and easy to draw, too.

@Gaines I edited my description a bit, so you know what exactly to change regarding the hair.

@CookieCakes
Done!
redesign-shop-3-3.png
Let me know if anything needs to be changed :)

• Brohoof 4

On 7/31/2020 at 9:20 PM, Kyoshi said:

Basically this overall look, without the half gas mask and any other details you think would be too much. You are doing this stuff for free so I am not picky. The shirt and pants are pretty simple, a sorta goth/aggrotech look. 

Only one other detail, if you want to include it and it is why I want the clothing. See my self-acceptance blog below for that, if you haven't seen it. You'll know what it is when you see the blog. If you can include that, I would be grateful. You can use that comission in the blog as a reference too. Sorry if this is all convoluted, I am bad at explaining these things. I simply love seeing different renditions of Kyoshi from different people. Might use it as an avatar as well if you complete it, credit will be given.

Here you go!
redesign-shop-4-1.png
Wanted to let you know that I changed their species to a regional unicorn (Mistmane's kin). I just thought it would be fitting for the original design.
Let me know if anything needs to be changed. :mlp_grin:

• Brohoof 4

1 hour ago, Gaines said:

Here you go!
redesign-shop-4-1.png
Wanted to let you know that I changed their species to a regional unicorn (Mistmane's kin). I just thought it would be fitting for the original design.

Oooooooh I love it! :pinkie: Such a good move going with the Mistmane style, never thought of that. The face is done perfectly too. If I could I would send you money for this, if I can in the future I will because you deserve it. :)

• Brohoof 4

Your art is so awesome. :kirin:

Spoiler

1092160401_emponified.thumb.png.c185e0d13610dc2f09be49f591c8f7ac.png

(Cutie mark) Percussion_clef_2.png

Would you mind redesigning this pony? I was thinking you could give him a Flim/Flam type of build, some sort of unkind expression, and maybe incorporate the color orange somehow? You can go wild with changes if you want, because all your redesigns look fantastic. :squee:

On 8/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, Gaines said:

Here you go!
redesign-shop-4-1.png

D’awwww!

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Can you redraw Unicorn Will Guide and Changeling Will Guide as if they were performing a MLP version of Beauty and the Beast with Unicorn Will Guide dressed up as a Male Belle and Changeling Will Guide dressed up to represent the Beast?

Sorry, but I'm not redrawing characters, I'm redesigning them, remaking a character's original design/appearance. If you specifically want a normal drawing from me, you'll either have to send me a direct message or wait until I open up a regular request shop. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 2