Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic aired on Nick instead of The Hub/Discovery Family

Twilight Sparkle97

I just now wondered. What if My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic aired on Nick instead of The Hub/Discovery Family. I honestly think the ratings would have done better on Nick than The H/DF. It never did well on The H/DF. It might have gotten even more seasons on if it aired on Nick. What are your thoughts?

• Brohoof 2

Even more DOA than if it aired on Cartoon Network

A show with a heavy female cast with a more female oriented demographic. On top of not being like Spongebob, Nick would have done everything it could to sabotage it

• Brohoof 3

I shudder to think what Nickelodeon would've done to it. But if it aired on Cartoon Network it might've actually gotten more recognition then. The fandom would've been 2x maybe even 3x or more larger.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Megas said:

Even more DOA than if it aired on Cartoon Network

A show with a heavy female cast with a more female oriented demographic. On top of not being like Spongebob, Nick would have done everything it could to sabotage it

Exactly. Look at the way they treated Korra.

• Brohoof 1

If MLP:FiM aired on Nick, it would not have been as successful as it had been in our current timeline. Nickelodeon would be scared of this series potentially unseating Spongebob for the highest rated cartoon on the channel, so they would end up cancelling it. In other words, FiM would have been just another show lost to the dustbin of animation history. Cartoon Network on the other hand, it would have ended after a season since they see a similar situation as well. 

Another thing to note here:

The reason why FiM attracted many people to The Hub, and the series in general, is because it was a cartoon that wasn't made by Disney, Nickelodeon or Warner Bros./Cartoon Network, three companies that have been dominating the animated TV landscape since the 1990s (which would count as a duopoly). Prior to FiM, no other cartoon show was able to garner buzz, interest, and success outside of those three channels in terms of TV broadcasting. 

• Brohoof 1

If it aired on Nick, they would most likely sabotage it or mess it up(look at what they did to Power Rangers, they forced them to split it into 2 seasons and it messed things up, causing them to skip Super Sentais now).
If they aired on CN, it might not get to re-air much and would most likely be forced to be 11 minutes(even shows like Ninjago weren't safe from that, and it got badly affected by it)

• Brohoof 2