Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc An Arrow to the Wing OOC (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

On 10/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

Sorry if I'm sounding prideful in my posts, it isn't like Sky's superiority complex.

I just have a strategic mindset of "who would win if this happened"

I'll keep that down in the future. My apologies.

Out of character, my problem is not prideful characters, hay, Ruby is one of the most prideful a-holes around, but since you brought this up, I do want to touch on few things, 

1.Information that doesn't matter.

Why to constantly bring up things that don't matter in the RP the slightest? oh, so the sentient dogs have nukes, will there be a nuclear strike in the RP? no? why to bring it up then. Humans exist, okay, will they have a part in the RP? no? why then talk about them constantly? 

Sometimes this may be a good thing if there's details about the world that the other player, in this case I, doesn't know, but here Sky and Myra are just humans but dogs, I know what weapons humans have, I don't need to be told about it constantly, all I need to know what weapons those that our characters fight against have. 

2.Why send a group of five?

Every time you make a change to the enemies or the allies, ask this from yourself. If it's that easy to get new armies to join, or if the enemy constantly knows where our characters are, what is the point to send a small team instead of army? This same question arises if they are going to be going against the main army with all the weapons, if they are going to fight with an army against an army anyway, why send a group of five instead of just making them part of the main army?

And why these 5 specifically? What is it that they can do that nobody else can, Ruby I'd say is clear, but what about the others?

(I'm not counting Ember since she's not part of the main group)

3.Why is Ruby here?

This may be weird question considering what I just wrote, but this is something I really thought about at one point, because though I doubt that is your intent, it feels like you're purposely trying to make Ruby more and more useless.

This is where we started

On 7/31/2020 at 11:29 PM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The dragonlands are in civil war. Many dragons didn't approve of Princess Ember's rule, so the formed a land called Fironia. They were composed by many of the larger dragons, their armies were quickly organized.

For years they were in a stalemate until Fironian forces ambushed major dragonland military leaders, leaving the dragonland's military in disarray. Equestrian forces did have some weapons meant for small dragon attacks, but weren't prepared to fight off a military composed of them. Their cannons and ballistas were just too slow and their magic was ineffective against them.

However, there was a former dragon slayer amoung the ranks in the royal guards they could send. They also knew about a dragon. Perhaps they'd turn the tides of the war and save their allies from annexation.

Dragons, army of dragons. But turns out that Ruby is good at killing dragons.

Then suddenly, dogs with modern weapons, but luckily Ruby is based on source material that has dragons as bulletproof, though I did buff Ruby a bit here because otherwise she would be either dead or too injured to fight  due to ambush that is for some reason created for 2 dragons and a pony and had enough artillery or whatever the bombs were coming from to wipe out a small army.

Now they have planes, tanks, etc. all of which for some reason are planned to be used against 5 creatures? until our group will be joining a bigger army, which brings up the previous question.

Now, this type of RP could work, a strong killer who is used to doing things alone is meeting a threat where she is forced to accept or even ask for help from someone she considers an enemy....but there's a slight problem, this is clearly more action-RP than character-RP, it's focused on the conflict, not on the characters' reactions to it. 

edit- I want to add that I know that Ruby could be considered op by some, but that's because I don't create my characters Action-RPs in mind, I build them the character in mind. In Ruby's case, she's a powerful killer who has been on the top, before getting thrown straight into the rock bottom, and is now trying to get by in a world different to hers where she is not only tolerating, but pretending to be a creature that she sees as far inferior to herself. 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

• 1 month later...

@Lucid_Nightlight

Why is there always such a hurry? 

Any time there's a hint of slower moment coming up, it's skipped with timeskip of undefined lenght, or in Ember's case, you just stop replying for few posts. Or like now, a very convenient character appears and has conveniently done exactly what is needed without explanation how. 

The character thing is something you really seem to like to do in general, few times is fine but too much is just too much. 

I haven't said anything because I can tolerate it but now that there is something I do need to say, I wanted to bring that up. 

-----

So, the reason for why now, it can be summarized to one question. How exactly did the guard(s) get Ruby's things to different world just like that?

It has not come up where and what Ruby has, nor how it's protected, but I can say that you can't just walk in and take it, Ruby wouldn't be stupid enough to leave her treasure unprotected (won't go in detail due to being in school and on mobile) 

Also how did the guard move it?  we are talking about pile of treasure (mostly things made of gold) pile of bones, and some more random stuff like books, boxes etc. 

----

I also find it bit hard to get invested in the Rp and I sometimes ask myself why exactly is my characters in it. There's conversations between your characters and or canon characters that my characters have no chance to take part in, things happen without me being able to make my characters react, and there's timeskips without any summary of how long it was and what happened during it, creating moments where my characters have gone through something without me, the person controlling them, knowing what it was. 

----

And Ruby...how could someone learn to like others when she's constantly proven righ? I mean, creatures who are all about friendship just banished her for refusing to die in a war where she doesn't even get acknowledgment for her help and instead is just gets constantly critiqued.

Again, like I said at one point, I have no problems with things like that since it in-world problem, something that my character reacts to, but I just bring it up in case you still plan on trying to get Ruby to get along with the group.

------

I'm not asking you to change anything (though you have time to do so if you want since I won't post before my evening) but in the future it would be greatly appreciated if everything wasn't just convenintly solved by convenient outside character with convenient abilites and actions or just straight up ignored and skipped, I'd like to actually RP in this RP. 

8 hours ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight

Why is there always such a hurry? 

Any time there's a hint of slower moment coming up, it's skipped with timeskip of undefined lenght, or in Ember's case, you just stop replying for few posts. Or like now, a very convenient character appears and has conveniently done exactly what is needed without explanation how. 

The character thing is something you really seem to like to do in general, few times is fine but too much is just too much. 

I haven't said anything because I can tolerate it but now that there is something I do need to say, I wanted to bring that up. 

-----

So, the reason for why now, it can be summarized to one question. How exactly did the guard(s) get Ruby's things to different world just like that?

It has not come up where and what Ruby has, nor how it's protected, but I can say that you can't just walk in and take it, Ruby wouldn't be stupid enough to leave her treasure unprotected (won't go in detail due to being in school and on mobile) 

Also how did the guard move it?  we are talking about pile of treasure (mostly things made of gold) pile of bones, and some more random stuff like books, boxes etc. 

----

I also find it bit hard to get invested in the Rp and I sometimes ask myself why exactly is my characters in it. There's conversations between your characters and or canon characters that my characters have no chance to take part in, things happen without me being able to make my characters react, and there's timeskips without any summary of how long it was and what happened during it, creating moments where my characters have gone through something without me, the person controlling them, knowing what it was. 

----

And Ruby...how could someone learn to like others when she's constantly proven righ? I mean, creatures who are all about friendship just banished her for refusing to die in a war where she doesn't even get acknowledgment for her help and instead is just gets constantly critiqued.

Again, like I said at one point, I have no problems with things like that since it in-world problem, something that my character reacts to, but I just bring it up in case you still plan on trying to get Ruby to get along with the group.

------

I'm not asking you to change anything (though you have time to do so if you want since I won't post before my evening) but in the future it would be greatly appreciated if everything wasn't just convenintly solved by convenient outside character with convenient abilites and actions or just straight up ignored and skipped, I'd like to actually RP in this RP. 

I apologize for that. I can slow things down and make it more believable from now on.

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

So with them out of the war at the moment, what if we use this as a opportunity to increase Quasi's and Ruby's relationship and also make a reason for Ruby to join the war?

For a little bit, Quasi tries to adjust to life in Ruby's land, but a threat is being slowly realized, eventually it is learned that the Jackals are attempting to force Ruby's kind into the war, destroying anyone who doesn't join. Perhaps this makes Ruby's kind angry for many reasons.

Perhaps Ruby could see this as an opportunity to live up to the threat she made, seizing control of this army, only for her to somehow see Equestria staying alive as a benefit to her or perhaps Quasi and Ruby get to a point where Quasi can reason with Ruby to a certain extent.

Question is though, is this the route we wanna take. Perhaps there are other options for us.

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Jackals are attempting to force Ruby's kind into the war, destroying anyone who doesn't join. Perhaps this makes Ruby's kind angry for many reasons.

Perhaps Ruby could see this as an opportunity to live up to the threat she made, seizing control of this army, only for her to somehow see Equestria staying alive as a benefit to her or

This would never happen with her kind though, because while Ruby threatened as she did, she knows that it will never happen. Ruby's kind is basically highly intelligent animals, even ignoring that any attempt of invading or such would be eventually stopped  by the 'elders' since they are so powerful that even USA would have trouble coming up enough weaponry to take one of them down if they don't straight up nuke them (and there's also bit more "lore" in existence now and basically if anyone managed to get that far in destroying Ruby's kind, they would have lot worse threat after that, as lot bigger amount of lot more powerful dragons would come into play, Ruby's kind unknowingly works as kind of gatekeepers) her kind is such that they rather get destroyed while defending their territory than follow anyone, and the most they would get would be individuals who go alone and kill anyone they see regardless of who's side they're on. Ruby is unarguably one of the friendliest of her kind, if not the friendliest, so that's a good indicator on what kind of creatures we are talking about.

4 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

make a reason for Ruby to join the war

There isn't really way to get Ruby into the war itself anymore, she is done with doing other's dirty work, but, she can still end up helping with the war. Because while nothing will make Ruby's kind to get involved, if there is attacks on the edges of the homelands, that being the area where the younger and thus weaker population takes over territory, the constant noise just may annoy her enough for her to go deal with the source, that being the leader who she was originally hired to take down.

There's two ways for her to do this, either she just brute forces her way to the leader, or, a longer yet in my opinion more interesting way, she would offer her services to the enemy leader, win their trust, even killing as many "good guys" as she needs to do that, and when she eventually would get close to them, maybe something like a personal guard, she would suddenly just kill them when they least expect it. This way the whole prophecy thing could still work too, since nothing in it said that they would be working together to fulfill it, just that they all were someway involved. (to which I have to say, I still don't see why Arrow and Sky are the exact ones to be in it from the point of view of the world, they haven't really done anything that makes them seem better than others like them. Isn't the chosen ones supposed to be somehow special to be the chose ones?)

5 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

what if we use this as a opportunity to increase Quasi's and Ruby's relationship

5 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Quasi tries to adjust to life in Ruby's land

This is what I kinda hoped would be happening and that it would last longer that 2 posts, Quasi hasn't really done that good of a job to get Ruby's interest, because he is still lacking the actions, he sure loves to say how much he cares and now that Ruby has been in his head, she knows he also thinks that, but actions still talk louder that words. Quasi has done like 2 things, helped in the arena and gave away his leg to protect Ruby, defending her after she pointed out she was treated badly doesn't count because one who cares of another shouldn't have to have this pointed out to them for them to act.

And while losing one's leg is quite a thing to do, it alone doesn't do much if the same one challenges and critiques the other all the other times, especially considering that she was one clone away from risking her own life to take down Darkstalker (or whatever the name was, I just copy-pasted it every time :P) and after avoiding that by giving her idea to the clone, she was basically thrown to the side for sake of a dying clone. 

This would also give a chance to actually show just how powerful Ruby is now that there won't be convenient anti-Ruby magic around and she is actually allowed to kill something, which also would show more of her more hidden side since she would no longer have need to hide it. 

6 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

perhaps Quasi and Ruby get to a point where Quasi can reason with Ruby to a certain extent.

This could also work for the reason for Ruby to want to go after the leader, but he would need to be able to choose exactly right words for Ruby to be convinced, even if they got bit more close before that, and with current record, it doesn't seem to be the most likely success.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Lucid_Nightlight

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

got close to the place

You mean the destination? Because if yes, i'll be describing the homelands, the exact location and other such details in my next post, (and as side note, in case you'll planning something related to the travel or something that takes energy, the travel after Equestria would be 20 or so hours of open sea considering the burden, so our characters wouldn't be at their best after it.)

Also how close exactly, because I'd like to know in future post a explanation how exactly a single coyote got there, and considering that the destination is bit into the homelands, closer it is, harder it's to believe. (we can also do something like add an island close enough to the homelands to call it close if we want easier explanation.)

I don't want to seem like I complain constantly about something but I honestly don't want to play Ruby if everywhere and everyone makes it look like her words about her and her kinds capabilities are lies because suddenly there's ton of creatures that can easily avoid or straight up kill them. They are not stupid animals that can be tricked like you can trick some real life animals, their average intelligence is comparable if not above average human, they just live more barbaric lifestyle. We are talking about species of dragon  that has not only wiped out their competition, their predators, and everything else that may have bothered them enough, but also kept them away for tens if not hundreds of thousands of years, they are the apex predator.

If you want to introduce characters that have bested Ruby's kind, I want to see explanations how they did it without it being they just conveniently having right type of magic-knowledge or they somehow having anti-tank weaponry in middle of absolutely nowhere. 

Probably shouldn't do this when tired, anyway, I'll post at some point (my)tomorrow, I'm too tired to do that now.

@Catpone Cerberus

Probably just outside or just inside the homeland. And I changed it to a Fironian dragon killed instead of Ruby's kind. The way to kill one of Ruby's kind (by surprise and being sneaky) isn't in character for her, so it does make more sense to kill a Fironian. Her diamond steel mix could probably pierce a fironian.

Though, I do think Sky, Ace, or Myra could manage with explosive weaponry (or a fighter jet) and Quasi, but only since he cheated. Without having used the book, Quasi would be ripped to shreds without his animus touched spear, and that's assuming they don't break it like Ruby did because as you said, her kind is highly intelligent.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

by surprise and being sneaky

Not entirely true as was stated at one point when Ruby talked about why covering one's smell wouldn't help

(also as a sidenote, being harder than the scales isn't alone enough to penetrate them, as an example or something, think wood and metal nail, the nail is harder than the wood but you can't just gently push the nail into the wood, you need to use force, a hammer, so even if a weapon, let's say a spear is harder than the scales, if it's used by a normal pony (and doesn't have convenient magic) it won't go through Ruby's scales because the pony is too small to get enough force behind it.)

17 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I do think Sky, Ace, or Myra could manage with explosive weaponry (or a fighter jet)

Yes, if done right, for reference, in the material that Ruby is highly based on, dragon hunters, aka people who had trained since they were kids with the sole purpose of hunting down these dragons, they attacked in groups, several of them had assault rifles with armor-piercing bullets (which needed to hit directly, in angle they just bounced off like they do from normal armor.) and 1-2 snipers with powerful anti-armor ammunition....for one dragon.

I could do a list on how they can or can't be killed, but I have a better idea....let's not get them involved with the RP.
Let's not have any random characters that have somehow and for some reason killed them, because there's literally no reason to do so. (and obviously Ruby won't be killed regardless of what anyone does, she's my main character) 

-It is already stated that Ruby's kind will not be joining the war, they don't care, in fact, they don't even know there is a war.
-The "good guys" have no reason to attack them, because not only is there no reason for them to believe they will take part in the war, it would be so expensive and challenging that any gain there may be is outweighed by the loss of life and the monetary cost, for anyone with economy and care for life such action would be so stupid that even humans wouldn't do it.
-the "good guys" have no point trying to get them join, Ruby's kind is bunch of uncooperative a-holes, and it doesn't help that they have lost the only individual who could translate anything.

Only things that Ruby's kind should be involved in....
1. dialogue or in my "narration" serving a point, comparison or other bit of information
2. one or few of them will appear and pretty quickly die during Ruby's and Quasi's stay in the homeland
3. in a general statement that the "bad guys" are attacking the edges of the homelands but failing to get too far due to being unable to bring enough weaponry in middle of nowhere against a woe they don't know anything about (in case Quasi can't convince Ruby to go after the leader again)

If you want that the US, Equestria or any other "good" is stupid enough to not realize how pointlessly expensive going for Ruby's kind would be, I can have dragon(s) of lot more powerful species go around warning them that if they do anything to the homelands, their worlds will be destroyed and showing that they in fact are capable of destroying the whole species. (Dragons that are not know about by anyone and can't be found with any kind of technology?

@Catpone Cerberus

Yeah, I can see how talking about who can and cannot kill Ruby's kind is pointless, as it is irrelevant. If this roleplay was about fighting Ruby's kind, it would be relevant, but it isn't. And it is true the U.S. and Equestria have no desire to go after Ruby's kind. The U.S. would view them as a non-contacted tribe that is best left alone and Equestria doesn't typically go into lands that don't want people messing with them.

Realistically, if they are known, they'd be viewed from afar in fear of spreading diseases to their kind. (Even if they cannot get sick, the U.S. doesn't know that)

I do agree that we should stop with the who could and could not kill Ruby's kind as it is irrelevant past Ruby's and Quasi's stay in these lands.

And I know, I keep messing up. This "what would happen" and "who would win" mindset is something I'm very use to. I'll try to do better.

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Realistically, if they are known, they'd be viewed from afar in fear of spreading diseases to their kind. (Even if they cannot get sick, the U.S. doesn't know that)

This actually brings up interesting question that I haven't thought about, while Ruby's kind is immune to most illnesses due to their high body temperature and few other things, there would still be bacteria and other things that do survive in them (since things like digestion need such), so what kind of super-illnesses they could spread to others by accident :ooh: Not really relevant to the RP necessarily, but interesting thought.

But more in directly RP related, this 

21 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

This "what would happen" and "who would win" mindset is something I'm very use to.

reminds me, I'd like to actually know what Sky and Arrow are capable of by action rather than them just telling it, I still haven't really grasped what's special about them (especially Sky, he hasn't really done that good of a job of convincing anyone in character either since even Arrow seem to be getting enough of his bragging.) And just to be clear, this isn't a complaint, this is a wish.

@Catpone Cerberus

So, I sent the dogs on Ruby's and Quasie's story out, they were pretty much useless to the story. We could also try and give the parties more reason to fight, and some thing that is an actual threat. As it is now, this is a complete and total stomp that the Americans or Equestrians alone could win. Kill the fironians and go home. Use the elements of harmony and go home. We'd probably want something that at least puts everyone in a huge stalemate and our heroes are supposed to break the stalemate and win the war.

3 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

So, I sent the dogs on Ruby's and Quasie's story out, they were pretty much useless to the story. We could also try and give the parties more reason to fight, and some thing that is an actual threat. As it is now, this is a complete and total stomp that the Americans or Equestrians alone could win. Kill the fironians and go home. Use the elements of harmony and go home. We'd probably want something that at least puts everyone in a huge stalemate and our heroes are supposed to break the stalemate and win the war.

Well, like I said the first time I "complained" 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:31 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

2.Why send a group of five?

The fact is that this has gotten so big that it's hard to give answer to that, and creating a bigger threat also isn't really help at this point, because there raises the question, if USA with their f-ton of weaponry and Equestria with their magic and what are basically gods (discord) can't deal with it, why would 1 dragonhunter, 2 bounty hunters, 1 mind-reading non-fireproof dragon and one powerful but still not unbeatable dragon be able to do anything. It would have been best to not even include all this world chaos into it and just kept it in the original plan.

But for the solution, well for first it could be good if your characters didn't keep driving away my characters, Ember is lot more patient than Ruby but she won't take everything either (also, if you still want some kind of relationship between her and Arrow, there should be a moment where they can actually get to know bit of each other, a bit where they could connect a bit, there was a potential back in the last mission after Arrow reacted to the civilian thing, but you skipped it. (and at this point it has to be when Sky isn't around, he has made sure that Ember won't show anything else than cold professionalism when he's around.)) but other than that, only thing I see as a solution is to focus on the small things.

We know there's full blown war, we know there's lot of creatures involved, okay, now, that doesn't need to be brought up again, let's focus on why our characters are here, to kill the leader (and Ember's targets) while rest of the armies focus on the enemy's armies. Small groups are usually used in situations like the treasury thing where an army would be too noticeable, so let's do that, instead of going on big operations with army with them, only they go for a mission where the point is that they won't be noticed as easily due to the small group size.

Our characters shouldn't have to worry about planes or tanks or artillery or such, because it would be idiotic for even the "bad guys" to put so much resources after few creatures when there's literal armies to worry about, even Ruby wouldn't be worth that much, at best there would be anti-armor weaponry as defense. 

one suggestion for the story that I have is
1. They get Ember's payment thing solved, I have an idea for that that involves the treasury they are gong after, but it requires them to not speedrun away from there immediately after the dragon is dead (ember will suggest it in my next post)

2.Ember-Arrow-Sky-group keeps doing small missions like that where they go after specific targets in a small group
Meanwhile Ruby and Quasi hangs in the Homelands for a while, getting closer to each other.

3. after some time of these two sets of characters interacting, there would be a planned timeskip with summary of what happened during that (I can "activate" the timeskip in case you aren't good with that type of skips) to balance out the timelines (since the two groups are now in different times due to skipping Quasi's and Ruby's travel) and during that timeskip Quasi could have managed to convince Ruby to deal with the leader if he doesn't manage it before that.

4. Ruby goes the infiltrator route, acting her part so well that even Quasi would believe she had truly changed sides (and killing unplayed but notable characters from the "good" side to convince everyone else) Meanwhile the other group keeps doing missions, slowly but surely getting closer to the leader.

5.Another planned timeskip if we don't want to play out Ruby's rise in the enemy's ranks.

6. The Ember-group finally reaching the capital and going after Embers target while worried by the fact that Ruby is now the personal guard of the leader.

7. the two groups meet again when the non-ruby group heads to where-ever the leader is and instead find Ruby who killed the leader just before their arrival.

8.????

@Catpone Cerberus

I think Quasi is more in on Ruby's idea and they have a plan to assassinate the leader, but fail as the leader knew all along and the two are captured and have to plan an escape and get out to avoid execution.

When they make their escape, just when they're caught Ember's team come in just in time to save them. This somehow gives them the advantage they need to kill the leader and end the war for good.

34 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Catpone Cerberus

I think Quasi is more in on Ruby's idea and they have a plan to assassinate the leader, but fail as the leader knew all along and the two are captured and have to plan an escape and get out to avoid execution.

When they make their escape, just when they're caught Ember's team come in just in time to save them. This somehow gives them the advantage they need to kill the leader and end the war for good.

That wouldn't be in character for Ruby though, because as much as she may trust Quasi at that point, in her eyes, only way to get a convincing enough acting from him would be him not knowing the truth. It also would bring up the question, why exactly is Ruby there? I mean, nobody has exactly done anything that only they can do at this point, but let's look at Ruby ->
Got beaten by a pony (arrow) in a fight, got ambushed, got captured, escaped but not before getting tired and injured, got the credit for her idea stolen by a clone, and in your suggestion, would get captured again only be saved by others.

Also part of the thing in my suggestion would have been that Ruby wouldn't lie once during that time, because she really would be willing to work for the enemies, and really would be happy to go against Equestria and other, there wouldn't be a extensive plan made beforehand, and she would be expecting to face Arrow and others at some point, being ready to fight them, but due to her unpredictable nature, she would suddenly decide to change sides again.

But mainly my problem is why is Ruby in this if she has no reason to be? there needs to be something that nobody else than Ruby can do, like there needs to be something only Quasi can solve, and something only Arrow can solve, etc. the addition of prophecy makes it that there should be a reason why they specifically are needed.

For Ruby there is only 2 ways for her to have a meaning to be there in this situation, enemy only she can take down through use of both physical strength and her high intelligence, or something that can be only solved by her outsmarting/fooling everyone.

Her getting captured to be saved by others (again) kinda makes the part about her being smart and dangerous killer kinda hard to believe don't you think?

@Catpone Cerberus

I get what you mean. Where is Quasi in all this? Would he go with Ruby pretending to agree with her, "secretly" trying to stop her indirectly, waiting for the perfect time to get her to change her mind? Maybe he is hidden and secretly talking to Ruby trying to get her to rethink her decision? Quasi probably wouldn't try to kill Ruby, he doesn't have it in him.

This could be a good chance to bring in someone named Moonwatcher, a canon character from Wings of Fire. Her mind reading and future telling (she sees different futures) to keep Quasi from hindering Ruby's plan, while also keeping things in check, hidden from Ruby, pretending to be plotting to stop Ruby with Quasi. She'd basically keep Quasi from finding the plan while preventing him from hindering Ruby.

How Moonwatcher could appear is that word somehow gets out that Quasi is "working with the enemy" so Queen Glory sends Moonwatcher to find what's going on, as this is not something Quasi would ever do. This also opens room to bring in an army of rainwings and nightwings to help take on the fironians in the final attack.

Maybe we could do a surprise "here comes the cavalry" happens with the Equestrians, U.S. military, rainwings and nightwings, and dragonlands when things don't go the way things were supposed to. In the ensuing fight, the heroes are able to get to the leader and finally put the Fironian leader down.

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Where is Quasi in all this? Would he go with Ruby pretending to agree with her, "secretly" trying to stop her indirectly, waiting for the perfect time to get her to change her mind? Maybe he is hidden and secretly talking to Ruby trying to get her to rethink her decision? Quasi probably wouldn't try to kill Ruby, he doesn't have it in him.

This I can't decide as I don't know Quasi well enough to know what he would do, but assuming he wouldn't leave Ruby and go warn the others based on this

word somehow gets out that Quasi is "working with the enemy"

there's 2 ideas that I have right now. 1. Ruby convinces the enemy that while Quasi doesn't necessarily agree with them, he would be good to have working in the royal library or something due to his knowledge and interest on history and such. 2. He becomes a prisoner and Ruby convinces them to keep him alive by telling about the prophecy, since that makes Quasi an important tool for negotiations (extortion)

This could be a good chance to bring in someone named Moonwatcher, a canon character from Wings of Fire. Her mind reading and future telling (she sees different futures) to keep Quasi from hindering Ruby's plan, while also keeping things in check, hidden from Ruby, pretending to be plotting to stop Ruby with Quasi. She'd basically keep Quasi from finding the plan while preventing him from hindering Ruby.

How Moonwatcher could appear is that word somehow gets out that Quasi is "working with the enemy" so Queen Glory sends Moonwatcher to find what's going on, as this is not something Quasi would ever do. This also opens room to bring in an army of rainwings and nightwings to help take on the fironians in the final attack.

This I'm okay with, this could also be what Quasi's part in the prophecy would ultimately be, his insisting for Ruby to think twice about things, while seemingly ineffective, could be what in the end makes her to do the right thing.

Maybe we could do a surprise "here comes the cavalry" happens with the Equestrians, U.S. military, rainwings and nightwings, and dragonlands when things don't go the way things were supposed to. In the ensuing fight, the heroes are able to get to the leader and finally put the Fironian leader down.

I still think that Ruby should be able to kill the leader by herself, but we could have her needing help. What I suggest is...

Ruby's plan is a success, she manages to kill the leader when they least expect it, but it isn't as smooth as she hopes. The leader puts up a fight, and while Ruby manages to finish them off, she is injured badly in that fight, leading to the second in command and/or the other guards managing to best her, and just before she goes down, the others appear, having been able to move quicker thanks to the security being focused on the fact that their leader was just killed.

edit- you forgot Ember in your post

@Catpone Cerberus

Would we have Ruby aware of Moonwatcher or would Ruby be considering actually aligning with the enemy, thus making Moonwatcher stay hidden, only talking to Quasi, guiding him to the right future where Ruby does the right thing, since she can see different futures. We could also reveal that she was the one who predicted the prophecy from the start. Or made it up, seeing the future and wanting to prevent bad things from happening.

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Would we have Ruby aware of Moonwatcher or would Ruby be considering actually aligning with the enemy, thus making Moonwatcher stay hidden

the latter probably, the point of her actions would be that nobody would know if she was acting or if she had seriously changed sides (thus the killing for example) to the extend that even truth spells or other ways to dig out the truth wouldn't indicate any kind of acting.

10 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

We could also reveal that she was the one who predicted the prophecy from the start. Or made it up, seeing the future and wanting to prevent bad things from happening.

I'm aright with that, and the latter would be good in case the characters don't end up being in any way special, since the prophecy would be fake and thus not imply special greatness to any of them.

• 3 weeks later...

@Lucid_Nightlight

Not going to reply yet since it's midnight and I have to be up at 6, but.... 

Can we stop with the real life/earth laws and politics regarding Ember, it makes me agitated in real life and I honestly feel annoyed about having to try to  constantly come up with reasons for why she doesn't just leave. 

On 1/17/2021 at 4:16 PM, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight

Not going to reply yet since it's midnight and I have to be up at 6, but.... 

Can we stop with the real life/earth laws and politics regarding Ember, it makes me agitated in real life and I honestly feel annoyed about having to try to  constantly come up with reasons for why she doesn't just leave. 

alright, gotcha

I can see why real world politics can be annoying, as I've seen plenty of things by people in serious discussions that ticked me off as well.

• Brohoof 1

On 1/18/2021 at 12:18 AM, Lucid_Nightlight said:

I can see why real world politics can be annoying, as I've seen plenty of things by people in serious discussions that ticked me off as well.

while this is true, it's not necessarily the problem, the problem is that I get very agitated by the mention of human politics (especially the US politics), I don't know why, it's not a choice, but I do, and it makes the RP simply uncomfortable to read and thus reply to, the annoyance is just to add to that and it comes from the fact that it's hard to see a reason why Ember would tolerate constantly being threatened with politics, especially since they are meaningless for the RP for reason that Ember has already stated and will repeat in my next reply.

And I want to make it clear that I'm not saying she shouldn't be challenged now and then, in fact, Arrow asking what if he snitched on her and questioning her house was 100% okay, it's just the politics, even in character, why would our characters care what happens between Equestria and USA politically?

• 3 weeks later...

@Lucid_Nightlight
One question before I can make my 
response

15 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Then appeared a large shadow dragon that would resemble Ruby's past, many times the size of said dragon. The shadow let out a terrifying laugh and grabbed Ruby by the neck, picking her up.

"Feel the pain you've felt long ago, deathwing."

The shadow would slam Ruby into the ground.

is this all that happens or is the "feel the pain..." a mind-f-ery spell that forces the memories to resurface? This matters because it effects what happens with Ruby quite a lot and it's bit unclear to me which it is :) 

31 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
One question before I can make my 
response

is this all that happens or is the "feel the pain..." a mind-f-ery spell that forces the memories to resurface? This matters because it effects what happens with Ruby quite a lot and it's bit unclear to me which it is :) 

It's a something to to make the memories resurface so vividly that it is as if she is there in that moment

• Brohoof 1