Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open An Arrow to the Wing (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

@Catpone Cerberus

"Some tribes in my land have both parents, others don't. Rainwings take care of the young as a tribe. They were once fierce, but now they're the friendliest tribe, yes arguably, they're the deadliest due to their venom that burns through any organic material. That one Rainwing that used their venom on you, you're fortunate they missed. The fact it was so little that it didn't do much amazes me as even a little could do damage. One dragon, Queen Scarlet, mother of Queen Ruby had her face seriously disfigured, poor dragon was prideful in appearance too, but she was also a cruel leader, Queen Ruby is a lot nicer."

"You probably wouldn't make a good Queen, but maybe a good general. You seem like the type like the type that would do well, leading an army into battle against a powerful foe."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I get it, professionalism, like when we guard the Princess, we have to look tough and intimidating, showing no emotion. In other places we do show emotion though, as morale is low among the guards, after the changeling incident and the Stormking fiasco, guards haven't been so confident. We show emotion in more places, as the allowance of this was a strategic choice to boost morale among troops. There's a time for emotion and a time for suppression."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Our scales are as dense as they are thick, so while we don't have natural protection against acid, you need more of it to get through them." Ruby explained "And while I would most likely be able to strategize lot better than many others, I wouldn't be a good commander, as my patience for failure is low, and I don't trust others to do things right." she then took off, Quasi hadn't responded to her question, so she would be hunting only for herself, it was up to Quasi if he followed her or not, and if he didn't, she would back after ten minutes or so with a deer that was bigger and meaner looking than the ones in Equestria or Quasi's world, that of course if his world had deer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes, there is time for each, and since we are currently going after a dragon in their treasury, I'm at work, thus, I act like I'm at work." Ember stated "It doesn't matter to me what the royal guard's orders are for such, as I am not a part of the guard." "I also have no need to boost the morale of any troops, as I have no troops, until you count the crows, in which case their morale is perfectly high from getting easy food." 

@Catpone Cerberus

The dragon zoned out and suddenly, saw Ruby left. So, he went hunting on his own and returned first with a good deer. When Ruby returned, Quasi would be looking at his deer, cooking a piece with a heated rock with a fire under it and sticks holding it up.

"I like deer, I also like cow, cow is good. Sky's world takes cow meat, cooks it and puts bread on it. Ponies, they throw up when they taste meat. Did you know that humans, despite being slow and weak are on top of the food chain? It's their intelligence that makes them powerful. Something so slow and so physically weak, able to rise to the top of the food chain with their brains. They're admirable."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Arrow looked at Sky, expecting him to say something, but he seemed a little worse, it was a good thing Myra was treating him.

"I was expecting him to say that what you do isn't a real job or something. I guess that's just everyone's view on people who do illegal things but, in many cases, if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unless it's a mob boss, then you tell them to get a real job, not to insult you of course, I'm more referring to drug dealers and crime bosses. Got me in trouble once, then I killed them after they attacked me, then Celestia was like 'oh great, now we have to actually do something about them.' I never heard her say those words but, she seemed to not like the look of things. Needless to say, law enforcement handled the issue. I was cleared on the grounds of protecting myself."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Not knowing what other creatures there is in their world, I can't say anything about how impressive it may or may not be." Ruby stated as she started eating her own prey, she didn't bother with cooking "If there's no comparable species around, it's not that impressive, those with some kind of intelligence always rule over wild animals, that's why ponies got so powerful too, there wasn't any real competition." 

-------------------------------------------------------

"If you do work for money, it's a job." Ember stated "Some jobs are easy, some are hard, some are important and some are harmful, but they all are jobs." "My job may not be legal, but it is necessary one, and if I ever go down, there will be more of those who will do it." "And at least I pay my taxes, unlike some of those with the 'real' jobs." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe, but they seem to surpass the ponies."

Quasi would eat the food he cooked and looked at the cat

"Cats, these make interesting friends."

The cat got up on Ruby's head and purred.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, at least you pay your taxes. What do you tell people when they ask what you do for work?"

"Might save you from getting arrested, actually. Guy named Al Capone was a crime boss and committed a lot of crime, got caught with tax evasion. I do personally worry about breaking the law though, while I'm not breaking my country's laws technically, I cannot make any deal with you that isn't to do with what I'm doing."

"Hey, I got a question, what would you do if someone snitched on you? Not that I plan on doing that, so don't attempt to murder me. Wait... your house is trapped, yeah? Wouldn't that give them more reason to arrest you? Whatever the case, helping us take on the Fironians could help you, maybe Princess Celestia will give you a literal license to do whatever you do, I mean, that's not a thing, but, Celestia can make that a thing."

"Perhaps, other countries in my world have bounty hunting programs, maybe Equestria will follow suit."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"My point still stands."

"Cat's are the top of their own world, the death-bringers of their own size." Ruby said, seemingly not minding the cat "They are interesting creatures, they kill for food and for fun, yet they also know how to manipulate others to give them easy food when they feel lazy." she picked up a tiny piece of the meat..or well, tiny for her, quite a big one for the kitten...on her claw and offered it to the cat "One of the few creatures from outside the homelands that I truly believe could thrive here, they are small enough for us to not care about their existence, and there's most likely plenty of food for them since the smallest of animals here don't have natural predators, thus making them easy prey."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do commission work, that's all I need to say, as most understand the concept of professional confidentiality." "Things like working as a bodyguard are fully legal, so nobody has reason to question it." Ember calmly explained "And for the snitching thing, I say to you what I said to whoever brought it up earlier, good luck trying to prove it, I'm not an amateur." "And for my house, they are not traps, it's a security system, there's a legal difference, if someone gets hurt, it's their fault, since nobody has the right to go to my house uninvited, even the royal guard needs a written warrant to do so." "Lastly, I will never agree on anything that would give an organization, regardless if it's the government or not, the power to control my actions, as I will not be used as a tool of the more powerful." 

@Catpone Cerberus

The took the meat and ate happily, purring.

"Well, you seem to like cats. Is he your best friend?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Goes to show your lack of understanding for serving your country or your apathy."

"Are we allowed to tell her this is all going to be filed?"

"Eh, it's not like we're allowed to arrest her anyway, she has no bounty... well, not from the U.S. at least."

"What?"

"Don't worry, it'll have more effect on the Equestrian government than her. She's not worth pursuing unless she's attacking on U.S. soil. It's like pursuing a petty thief in someone else's country, it isn't our problem. The only issue is corruption, really and that's an issue with the Equestrian government."

"Celestia isn't a corrupt leader!"

"Tell that to Ember."

"Wow, it's like America acts like a world police force or something."

"More of a United Nations thing, really."

Arrow turned to Ember.

"Burger eating Americans, am I right?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I wouldn't say I like them, I just don't despise them as much as I do others." Ruby stated "They don't try to act morally superior, they don't complain about what I do or don't do, they just eat, sleep and kill, we don't even compete since they eat creatures lot smaller than I would even consider." "And they remind me of myself, someone who does what ever they want without worrying about what others may think." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Threatening a possible civilian with a weapon in a building filled with civilians, revealing your mission to someone without proper background check, ruining your country's name, working with a known criminal, two if you count Ruby, possibly creating a new enemy for your world and to those allied with you...do I need to go on? You have lot more to lose than I have in this, besides, what evidence do you have? the ramblings of a random bounty hunter, as far as you know, nothing I have said is true, I could even be and enemy spy who is purposely ruining Equestria's name." Ember pointed out "I also wonder what it would do to the negotiations if I informed Celestia that you not only threatened Equestria's citizen, but also have plans to force Equestria to do things in your way with economic force."

"Even ignoring that, no law, no agreement, nor any other thing in your world has any standing in Equestria, because Equestria hasn't agreed to them, and is in different world, they have their own laws and own agreements with the lands around that world."

"And lastly, you're again skewing my words, nothing I have said is a proof of corruption, only thing it's proof of is that the royal guard useless against the worst of crime." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, cats look down on us, they probably look at us like slaves to them and even YOU fall for their thinking. This cat is an absolute warrior, I'm telling you. Maybe someone wrote a book about these things, maybe a lot!"

The kitten started to get on the ground and roll around, purring.

"What do you do with treasure? Don't get me wrong, we have dragons that like treasure too, but what do you do with yours? Is it kinda like ponies and my kind may look at artworks? My kind may use it to sell or decorate things, maybe lay in it? But not always. We also wear it, Queen Scarlet wore gems, I think Queen Ruby is the same, but on a lower scale, she isn't greedy like Scarlet. She's a lot nicer, and absolutely loves her son, always encouraging him, you remember Cliff, right? Little guy is clever and is proud of his mother for killing his mean old grandmother."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whatever, is anyone gonna realize how cool it was when I shot Ruby?"

"Sky, you can't do things like that!"

"She's bullet proof!"

"You assaulted a teammate with a firearm!"

"It isn't assault if you're just messing around!"

"That doesn't make what you've done any less stupid. I know you were trained to act better than that."

Arrow spoke with Ember.

"Let's rest here for the night." He went on. "So, how long can you keep that professionalism up? I mean, I've noticed a break in it or two."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby looked at the kitten but just continued eating instead of doing anything to it "I sometimes look at it, but mostly I lay on it, thanks to my extra sense, I don't need to see it to admire it." "Our greed is like hunger or thirst, we need to satisfy it or it can have unpleasant consequences, and there's few better ways to satisfy it than laying on pile of treasure, though gaining more is the most effective way."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember ignored the argument, having no interest in it 
"As long as is necessary, breaks in it are the unfortunate side effect of having emotions." "But since we are staying here for a while, I have few letters I must send." she then took out few papers out and started writing on them, and while she would take part in conversation if Arrow spoke to her, she wouldn't allow anyone to see what she was writing, and any attempts to spy on her would be met by the crow getting close and personal with whoever it was who tried. And if someone still got a glance, it wouldn't give them much as the letters were written in some kind of code, being seemingly filled with unintelligible nonsense.

And while she didn't let anyone to read the letters themselves, if anyone asked, she would tell them what they were for, the answer being something along the lines of 'preparations for my payment and few new pieces of equipment now that you have turned Ruby against us.'

@Catpone Cerberus

"Sounds like an annoying thing to have, always wanting more and it never being enough. Seems to me like an unfulfilled life to live."

Suddenly, he heard something, they had the accent that those attacking jackals have.

"Don't move, they can sense movement."

"Why are we scouting this place?"

"We're gonna take these lands over."

"You insane? Our entire team was taken out by one of those things and the only reason we're alive is because one of them strapped explosives to themself and jumped into the dragon's mouth!"

"Honor the great clan of jackals."

Quasi turned to Ruby.

"Wanna bet gems on how long they last? I bet a  week before they get wiped out or have to give up the campaign."

--------------------------------------------------

"What you writing? Love letters?" He said playfully.

"Probably important crime stuff to her big boss that owns an entire city block."

"Doubt she has a boss."

"I have a lot of them."

"I'm sure you do."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"As annoying as hunger or thirst." 

"I don't do bets, and it depends on who exactly you're talking about, if you mean those we hear now, few minutes, but if you mean the campaign as a whole, it'll last until they either get some sense into their heads, or they run out of resources due to the stupid strategy of fighting everyone at the same time." Ruby stated "I'm honestly surprised anyone made it this far." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As stated, my only boss is myself." Ember pointed out rather coldly as she finished with the writing, they weren't long letters "I just need few preparations for my payment and..." she put one of the papers rolled up on the ground and drew some symbols next to it, causing it to disappear in flash of magic "...and I need to get ready for the eventual outcome of  all of yours' moronic actions." she did the same for the rest of the letters and then smudged the symbols "Which reminds me, my offer for exploding arrows and other equipment has passed, you all are not worth of my resources." 

@Catpone Cerberus

The jackals messaged their leaders, and looked at Ruby and Quasi.

"The Fironians have sent us to offer you a chance to join them. We'll give you time to think it over."

"Um... no, go do your scouting."

"Again, think it over. Meet us  and the walked away.

"Try and kill us, attack our lands and then ask us to join? What is with them?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Exploding arrows? I have plenty, and I can make more."

"You're mean, you know that, right?"

"Maybe if you weren't so stupid, she would be nicer to you!"

"We are the best my land has!"

"That's a low bar to set."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"They may not realize who..or in this case, what you are." Ruby pointed out, she seemed to be thinking about something, more specifically, her though was, 'I wonder what they would offer' she finished with her prey and signaled the kitten that it was free to eat whatever was left before she got rid of the leftovers, to her there was barely anything, but for small kitten there was plenty of meat left "If their spying is even slightly better executed than their strategy, this is actually very clever." "If they know that the dragon immune to their weapons has left their enemies' side, it's only logical to try and get them on their side." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't get paid to be nice." Ember pointed out "And since I'll get my payment from a dragon's hoard instead of any of you personally, I have no need to even try to please you." "I also haven't tried to threaten you with politics and laws that don't exist in your world." she gave the crow some seeds again "I'm a big believer of 'you reap what you sow', so with you threatening me and constantly trying to belittle me, you haven't exactly deserved my respect."  "Lastly, I have to agree with Arrow in this one, if you're the best they have, I wonder how bad the rest are." 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi looked at Ruby suspiciously. 

"Are you seriously considering it?"

The cat didn't go to the food, she went next to Ruby and went to sleep

------------------------------------

"I get paid to be nice when giving school kids tours, if I'm not nice, they don't pay me anything. Of course, I guard, but I've given tours too, so many kids asked me if I died. One asked me if I 'kill many things', like that isn't a question kids are supposed to ask people."

"Kinda feels like I'm giving children a tour with Sky."

Myra walked to the middle

"You need to figure things out, you two. Sky, you started this problem. Yes, you have some problems but, you aren't supposed to take them out on others. Ember, I have not much to say, as you've not started this, just be nice you two. And I understand we all probably said something we shouldn't have said but, if we are to work as a group, we need to learn to respect."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Would you really be surprised? I told it pretty clearly that I was in it just for the treasure." Ruby pointed out, not sure if she should have been flattered by Quasi's apparent surprise "And not only am I not getting said treasure, ponies decided that free will is punishable offence, taking away the little reason I had to not kill them." "I never cared about the end result of the war, only about my own gain." 

---------------------------------

"Though I get where you're coming from, respect is not needed for group to work, only tolerance and trust." Ember pointed out "And the latter is hard to come by when you're constantly threatened." she changed to a sarcastic tone of voice and said more to herself "Gee, I wonder why Ruby left." before going back to her usual tone "The only reason why I am here is because I was told that Arrow could be useful in getting close enough to my targets, none of you others were mentioned. That has proven to be untrue, but since he's ready to pay, even if not from his own money, I can tolerate you enough to work with him, and thus with those he considers allies, as long as they don't pose a threat to me in any way, something that is uncertain at the moment." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"They'll betray you, you're too powerful for them and you know it. You think those Jackals really care about you? They intend wipe out the Fironians if they win the war, taking the land. If they get that land, they'll become very powerful. I'm talking Equestria and the dragonlands. Maybe even MY world. And what for? A bunch of gems to lay around in? Well, at least that's the Fironian plan, the Jackals will make sure you're dead."

The jackals didn't mention the gems, they forgot to right before talking to them, he read their minds.

"You know I don't have it in me to fight you again, Ruby, I don't have the heart to kill you if you go with them. Your own greed will kill you. One day you will die from it, and that will kill me. Greed is nothing like hunger, you don't need gems to live, Ruby, greed is merely a sense of entitlement, an illusion. This greed, if it was living, it would lie and say you must have these things you don't need, and if someone lied to you right now, Ruby, you'd kill them where they stand. So why are you so merciful with greed?"

This wasn't meant to insult Ruby, more like to warn Ruby, as if warning her about cliff and she had no wings to fly if she fell off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, Sky has caused some trouble... hmm... Sky, you're grounded!"

"What? You can't do that! I'm an adult and you're not my dad!"

"You're grounded, give me that rectangle phone thing!"

Sky grumbled and gave Arrow the phone.

Arrow looked over to Ember.

"Wow, that actually worked."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Of course they'll betray me, and of course they don't care about me." Ruby stated "That's how the worlds works, even the creatures who's civilization is build around love and friendship didn't care and betrayed me." "I have no care for Equestria or the dragonlands, I don't have any loyalty to your world or the human world, they all may burn as far as I care, doesn't change my life in any way." she may have been softened a bit during this time, but she was still Ruby, it was her needs above anyone else's.

"And I don't care what greed is for you, it is need for my kind, I have seen dragons go mad from greed, end their own lives due to it, either through impossible fight or with their own claws, have felt it." "You think I want to collect worthless rocks and piles of metal?" she took a more graceful pose "If it's greed that will lead to my death, so be it, I should have died a while ago, and if fate wants to finish what it started, I will welcome it." "I will die with smile on my face." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember rolled her eyes "I'll be over here somewhere for the night." she walked some distance away "Dogs, humans, and anything from between advised to keep their distance." or in other word, everyone but Arrow "My dragon side can get bit fiery at night, quite literally." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Interesting, what it looks like to me is a psychological issue. Maybe a genetic illness that spread with the generations and eventually turned into just part of your kind over time. Maybe, I know little about this. Is it like a compulsion like what the humans call my illness, OCD? Do you feel something bad will happen if you don't collect treasure? Or maybe it's more like an addiction. I'm thinking addiction that has a severe effect on mental health when withdraw happens."

Quasi was worried for Ruby, and interested in the psychology.

"Yours isn't a chemical addiction, more closer to gambling. Not the same at all, but a similar thing as it is not a chemical thing."

"And dying with a smile? What if you're sleeping? Mango brain. People die in their sleep a lot, many prefer it, I personally wanna see it coming."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrow followed.

"So, do you like crows, or do you just let them live? I watched Somnus eat one, well he tried to, then the crow brought some friends and invaded the castle, then Fluttershy shows up and lectures Somnus about why eating animals while they're alive is wrong. That's how eating live crows was outlawed." 

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Like I said, it's like hunger or thirst, a craving that gets stronger with time and will eventually have mental and physical effects if not satisfied." Ruby repeated "I don't know how make it any more clear." "I don't know how exactly it feels for others since they lack my extra sense, but I know that all my kind has that need." 

"And of course I don't mean it literally, I never smile." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I have learned to appreciate them." Ember responded "Kinda hard not to considering they have been around me as long as I remember, but still." she took off her helmet as she found a good place to settle for the night, revealing her fire-orange mane, into which the crow jumped in and sat down, leaving only its head visible from the mane "I still don't get why they're so friendly with me though." 

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
been quite tired lately, that's why posts have been slow

@Catpone Cerberus

"I do not have such a feeling, like explaining sight to someone with no sight."

--------------------------------

"All I know is animals are smarter than many give them credit for."

"I still cannot get over almost killing that baby and their mother, they've never taught us this. It just keeps replaying. I don't wanna end up drinking again."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You know what it is like to be hungry right?" Ruby pointed out "It's that, just not in you stomach." "It really isn't that complicated." "And like you may start smelling food more easily when you're hungry, my extra sense becomes more sensitive if I don't fulfill my greed." 

--------------------------------

"Lot smarter, sometimes I feel like some of them are smarter than many of the so called intelligent species."  "That being ponies, dragons and others such." after she had taken her helmet off, her tone of voice slowly but surely lost its professionalism, going to more casual and soft tone.

"It is something you'll be seeing a lot if you are planning to deal with morally corrupt individuals in the future." Ember said as moved next to arrow and patted him on the shoulder "I'd like to say it gets easier but it doesn't, just try to remember it was only almost, the worst that happened was that they got scared." she was empathetic and sympathetic towards Arrow, but she was also a realist, that didn't go away with the professional shell "Our enemies know that we care, and that's exactly why they do it." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Simple concept, complicated science, I'd say, like what about gems and shiny objects sooth this hunger? Is it really greed if it's a need and not a want? A hunger without eating, it's an interesting thing, what happens if you run out of space? A cave doesn't digest gems like a stomach."

He seemed to want to learn about this.

"Whatever the case. you're the nicer of your kind, perhaps the ability to feel certain emotions is possible, just extremely difficult due to many years of your way of life. What would happen if a deathwing... or deathbringer, same thing, lived in Equestria their entire life from hatching? Maybe it's an institutionalization. Queen Glory isn't as excitable as others of her kind as she grew up inside a mountain under harsh conditions, though, a time shorter than 100 years in pony and human years."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I've realized Sky is pretty professional when in combat, he's highly skilled but, he acts a little immature. He's no adult-child, but he's undisciplined, I suspect it's a byproduct of some sort of neglect. It's no excuse to point weapons at others that aren't a threat but, I wish I could do something for him. I think Ace is trying his best to help, Sky seems to look up to him, probably is like a father figure to him. Whatever it is, he isn't emotionally fit for duty at the moment. I see a little of me in him."

"I wasn't emotionally stable either until going through therapy, after my partner's death, I was never really the same. The mare was a true warrior, we were ambushed and next thing I knew, she was on the ground, hurt. I killed the dragon but, the she was already dying from his attack. I should've fought better that day, I don't know what I could've done but, I should've done saved her life. It wasn't supposed to end like that." 

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Like I said, one's already owned treasure helps too, gaining more is just lot more effective, like I could keep myself alive eating fish, but it's lot more effective to eat a deer." Ruby reminded  "And it being a need doesn't make it any less greed, more sociable creatures need social contact to survive, as lack of it has serious mental, and thus physical consequences, it makes it a need, but doesn't change its definition." 

"If one of us was to grow among ponies, they would most likely act like a pony, just be greedier and eat meat." "One doesn't need to feel an emotion to learn it, me for example, I know that if I'm at a pony funeral as a pony, I am expected to feel sad, so I act sad even if I couldn't care less." "If one was to live around emotion their whole life, they would learn subconsciously what emotion one should feel and when, and thus the 'emotions' will come automatically, and because they don't know any better, they assume it is how everyone handles emotion." "They would also most likely confuse emotions with each other, like for example, any general attraction they may feel towards a being could be confused as love." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"My condolences." Ember said "But while I too can relate, I still don't accept Sky's actions." she started walking around "36 injuries and 15 deaths, that many innocents could have been saved by me if I didn't make mistakes, they haunt my mind every so often, but I don't let it effect how I treat others, as it is not their fault, that's what a therapy is for, and only ones I treat worse because of it are those I kill, as they share responsibility." "And if something happens that I can't deal with well? I take a break, emotionally unstable creatures should not have a weapon, and that includes myself." she wasn't really that good at the whole comforting thing, because while she genuinely wanted to help with other's emotional troubles, she wasn't good with handling emotions, partly because of her half-dragon nature, and partly because of the things she saw when she was young. When you add to that her lack of romantic partners, and friends, it meant that she didn't really know how to act with this type of topics.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Well, your kind had a society, so they've probably felt emotion sometime. Whether you're able to now, I'm unsure, though I see it as plausible. I know an environment can effect the way one's brain works, even make one what this world medically names sociopath, though we do have that word in my place, just not medically. You, however being the nicest of your kind, may not be a sociopath, or maybe the sociopathy is possible to break. It's not that I want to change Ruby Shine, I want to unlock the rest of Ruby that is in you."

Quasi had a confidence in Ruby that the ponies lost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Myra was playing a string instrument, singing a medieval-style tavern song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xGb-DfHM9E&ab_channel=RaneyShockne-Topic (With a similar feeling to this one)

This wasn't some big musical number like the ponies, just music to keep up the morale.

"I get what you say. Tavern music, I've heard much in my journeys, I've listened to many songs about quests and heroes"

• Brohoof 1