Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open An Arrow to the Wing (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby was not surprised. "I have no interest in joining the plans of ponies." she stated coldly "And that's exactly why I am here, I will make sure this fact is clear even to the simple minded equines." "Though I will inform Gladia after I go back that you are scheming with the other side, if nothing else, that stops you from constantly interrupting me with everything." "I don't care how many times you invade my mind or how many visions you flood my head with, I have made my decision, and it won't change."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anything more? Or can I move out? I'm faster and quieter using my own wings instead of this loud machine we are in." if she was supposed to get there unnoticed, it was better for her to fly there herself, and she wanted to start doing something instead of sitting there for no real reason.

@Catpone Cerberus

"You'd die for vengeance. No wonder the civilization in your land fell, your kind is foolish and weak."

"Many people will die because of your pride and you don't care."

A strong rage could be seen in Quasi. He looked at Ruby and remembered the evil dragons that once ruled some of the tribes in his land.

Then he stopped.

"Despite everything, I am unable to find it in me to kill you. I'd go for myself if many lives weren't on the line. But yes, tell her I was working with Luna."

This was probably supposed to happen anyway. But he couldn't help but feel a deep anger at Ruby's actions. How could someone want to die for vengeance?

----------------------------------------

"Let's move out now. Everyone out of the bird."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You either don't know the meaning of words or you're trying to get under my scales, but what you are right about is that I don't care if few creatures die." Ruby said, not seemingly bothered by Quasi's momentary rage "And that's what you all fail to realize, you caring is your weakness, it makes you predictable, it's what Gladia counts on." "Same with your fear of death, part of the reason why I'm so dangerous is me not having anything to lose, only way to stop me is to kill me." She exhaled smoke "I find it curious how stuck all of you are in your old ways, especially with the prophecy, I don't believe in such nonsense, but it is clear that you do, so ask yourself this, if the pony way is the solution, and the prophecy is real, why am I in it?`"

----------------------------------------------------------
Ember would move out and the crow joined her once more, it had followed the helicopter from outside most of the trip as it didn't care to be trapped inside a metal box. She would do her part, the crow working as a distraction again, Ember would have been quite terrifying enemy for anyone with superstition relating to crows, though the murder of crows that seemed to follow her everywhere was quite terrifying sight even if you didn't believe in superstition, if you lived long enough to see it that was, since they were smart enough to not give Ember away. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"The prophecies given by the few nightwings with the ability are what could be and are most likely, not what will absolutely happen. Don't you realize many will die because of you? Not just a few? Gladia will gain great power to surpass you easily and the Americans will be forced to use their most powerful weapon to kill her. Many will die, this weapon is capable of leveling that place ponies call Manehatten in one hit."

He looked at her, with a sort of depressed look.

"All this time I've believed I could find some sort of good in you, a single bit even if it was the size of a grain of sand. And I've found it. Despite everything, something in you cares about me even though you don't want to fully admit it. You treat me in a manner that you treat no one else. There's something good hidden in there, Ruby."

---------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, a crow, I think he likes us!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"If they are so weak and helpless that they have to result to that, that's not my problem now is it?" "In fact, only deaths that are because of me, are the ones I directly cause, you can't guilt me with the actions of others, I didn't start the war." "You are so obsessed with good and evil that you forget to look at reality, this war would have been long over before we even got involved if one of the sides wasn't so afraid to attack because it may kill few civilians." "I offered solutions, I was the solution, yet I was constantly pushed to the side, and then ultimately thrown away when I no longer tolerated it." Ruby shook her head "Every time I have allowed others to have the tiniest amount of control over me, they have used it against me, I'm not falling for that anymore." They had now flown long enough that Ruby was certain that any settlements or other thing with many creatures would be non-fironian, and she chose her target, she had waited long enough. (it's up to you what it is that's around, otherwise I just make something up.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
(I assume one of the guards is talking)
Ember landed silently, quite a feat for someone in full-body metal armor, and took down the guards, not really a challenge with surprise in her side, because even in cases they were too big or well protected to kill quickly, she could injure them fast in a way that they couldn't alert help before she could finish them. The crow would just keep doing crow things. 

@Catpone Cerberus

Hearing this thing about how the humans and canines were weak and all that for having to resort to that, Quasi responded with this:

"This sounds like a really long conversation and I don't have the patience to explain the concept of strength to you."

Under them was settlement made up of coyotes. They carried weapons and had some interesting siege equipment.

"You sure that decoy fort will work?"

"We've got word that it's been attacked. I think they plan to lower moral by setting a trap that will blow up the fortress, killing all the invaders inside. To lower moral and all that."

An explosion would he heard off in the distance.

"And thus ends the lives of enemi- fire the ballistas! We got to enemies!"

"If I die, I'm destroying all of your treasure."

Quasi seemed to miss the flaw in what he just said.

------------------------------------------------------------

With some retractable ladders, Sky and his team would climb to the roof.

"Ace, take point."

Ace would then open the door and fire his silenced weapon twice, killing two armed jackals. When they got in, Sky and his team would search the room sure it was secure. Before Sky gave the okay, a female jackal, likely one of the wives of the dead ones came in.

"Don't move."

The jackal would then quickly run for a gun in attempt to avenge her dead husband. Sky would the fire too shots. His professionalism breaking for a split second revealing a bit of sadness about it coming to that.

"Nothing you've could've done, let's go."

The lights at the moment would then go out. The seals must've cut the power.

"Nightvision." And anyone with nightvision would activate their nightvision.

"Ace, get that door open."

"

@Lucid_Nightlight
As to be expected, Ruby ignored Quasi's response.

She didn't seem to have any reaction on what she heard or the explosion, she knew it had been too easy to take over even for her, too bad she wasn't interested in the actual fort, they may have gotten few scales of her if they would have sacrificed bit more troops to keep her there.

Again Quasi's words would be ignored, as Ruby would be already dropping towards the settlement at full speed when the order for the ballistas was given out, considering that she was coming straight from  above, there wouldn't be much time to actually aim if they wanted to have time to shoot the ballistas. She landed directly on one of the ballistas, shattering it into pieces due to the combination of her weight and speed, after that there was lot of fire and smoke, and yet again, it was the sticky kind. She was even more merciless than last time, and this time if Quasi ended up in her way, she would go through him too, this time she would make sure nobody made it out, though she would at least attempt to leave one individual alive, only one, but if she didn't succeed on that, she didn't mind, she could always write her message on the walls or something. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Sky and others got on the roof, the crow would be jumping around  observing the fallen guards, thinking about if it was hungry or not. As nobody said anything to her, Ember would kinda just follow along, staying little bit behind to keep an eye out for anyone behind them, thus she missed the visual of what happened with the female, though she could tell what exactly happened when she did come in the room, her reaction was hidden behind the cold-professional demeanor. The crow at this point was standing on her horn.

Being able to see in the dark naturally, Ember had to just blink few times and wait for a moment to see perfectly fine again, and again she just stayed back making sure nobody came behind them.

@Catpone Cerberus

Coyotes swarmed the dragon with weapons that were steel with diamond tips and edges. This was an attempt to cut through dragons easier. It worked on the Equestrian dragons but they had no idea if such things could work on Ruby.

They attacked Ruby like a swarm of ants attacking a bigger insect. They were literally climbing all over her trying to take her down. One even tried sawing a horn (not the one protecting her) with their sword so they could try to use it as a weapon.

------------------------

After some sneaking and shooting through, they'd make it to a chamber. It seemed to be a shut off.

"Motion sensor. Destroying it will launch the weapons. Going through will give a just enough time disable the weapons but, gas is rigged to enter the room and kill everyone in it."

"I can do it."

"Sky, you've became an adult just a few years ago. I've lived a long life. And Myra is having her baby, doesn't your child need a father?"

"But I-"

Ace then gave him his 1911 and went in to disable the weapons. After they were disabled the doors shut and gas poured into the room. Ace would walk away to another part of the room, not wanting Sky to see this, knowing the trauma this is causing him already.

"We'll see each other again when your time comes. But it seems I'm the first to go home."

@Lucid_Nightlight
The add-on of diamond was a step to right direction, though it was not enough, because while it was hard enough to go through, you also needed force to do more damage than small scratch-level cuts on the surface level of the scales, and a coyote simply didn't have enough physical strength to do that. Same was true for the horn, since the horn being hard enough to go through the scales, cutting it was even harder than getting through the scales, this is why they tended to rip off or snap the horns of other dragons rather than trying to cut them off with their claws.

Ruby just grinned as she was getting covered by her enemies, saying out loud in her native language what roughly translated to 'flammable idiots.' before unleashing a sea of fire that covered her and the surrounding area in flames, this was different from the fire she had used to this point, as it wasn't especially sticky, just normal fire when it came to that, but it was incredibly hot, in fact, it was so hot that any metal in it would  in matter of seconds become too hot to touch, meaning that anyone inside metal armor would become a roast in few quite painful moments, and any weapons would be too hot to use without protection, and even that protection would eventually fail.

She would continue spewing out this fire until nobody was left, it getting hotter and hotter each moment, so even those who may have survived the first seconds due to magical protections, would at least need to flee eventually as their weapons would get glowing hot and eventually melt. Not that fleeing would help, as Ruby would simply pick up and crush or rip apart those who survived the fire.

This didn't come without a cost for Ruby either though, as her fire got so hot that her mouth's heat-resistance wasn't enough and she burned her mouth, ultimately it didn't do anything more to her than make her suffer from annoying pain for few days to come, but it was still an injury.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ember stayed quiet as she had been this whole time, she was really hard to read when she was like this, but she would give a respectful nod to Ace if he looked at her before entering, she may have not liked soldiers, but she did acknowledge it when they did a good thing. She did wonder why they hadn't prepared with some kind of protection if they knew enough to know what was going to happen, but having the ability to 'read the room' so to speak, she kept these thoughts to herself.  She didn't say anything both out of respect and to see what would happen now, because even with the emotional weight of the situation, she was still wary of Sky due to his instability before.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Hmm. They were like you in a way they weren't afraid and they probably knew they couldn't win."

----------------

Sky would speak into his comms. Although hidden, someone with a trained ear could hear the slight distress in his voice.

"The weapons are disabled. We have one dead, we need team 2 to come retrieve the body. Gas masks are recommended."

He then looked at Ember.

"Let's go."

When they were outside Sky would speak to Ember.

"I won't take my own life if you're wondering. It would undermine his actions. I do wish it were me. The evil terrorists and the Fironians will fall. Too many heroes and innocent people have died."

"The jackals will fall but, terrorist groups can be hard to destroy than countries. Now this isn't about vengeance but about stopping this threat to so many people. I may stay in America for a time, to do airstrikes on places that house and make supplies. Their money is hard to go after because of banks. I wouldn't blow up a bank even if I was allowed to."

The coyote was thoughtful for a moment.

"You've killed crime bosses, right? How much to assassinate terrorists?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"There's a fine line between bravery and desperation, even the weakest, most pathetic creatures can put up a fight when they get desperate enough." Ruby said as she removed the leftovers of those who had been on top of her, her voice was slightly different to the usual due to the burns in her mouth, it was small enough change that most wouldn't be able to tell, but Quasi, someone who had been listening her speak for quite a while now would possibly spot the change if he paid attention to such. "Though I don't know if I would call that a fight, I didn't even really fight, I just exhaled bit harder than usual." 

She started then going through any buildings, piles of rubble...anything where someone could be hiding in that was around, prioritizing any spot she could feel the metal and or diamonds of a weapon or armor, if she would find someone, she would grab them and hold them as she looked for more survivors, and if she found someone else, the one she found before would be killed. The same fate would also follow if said individual put too much of a fight. She would do this until she was certain there was only one, or no survivors. 

If Quasi was to look for Ruby's emotions, he would find that she was colder than ever, everything she did was calculated, it didn't matter how one tried to twist it, this was an act of pure evil, but Ruby took no pleasure from what had been done, nor did she regret it, she just....acknowledged it, she was satisfied. 

-------

Ember stayed quiet until Sky spoke to her outside, she looked as calm as ever, but her mind was running as she thought about various things.

"First, my condolences, and I mean it, ideological differences don't make his death any less tragic." she broke her professionalism for a the moment it took to say that, sympathy was clear from her voice.

But as it was time to talk business, she went back to the usual
"Dangerous criminal is dangerous criminal, the semantics don't matter, the price depends on the amount of work, which includes everything from getting intel to the deed itself. The price goes down if you have information ready, if it's somewhere on route to another job, among other things that make my job easier." "I need to hear bit more details to say any numbers, but as you may remember, I only accept things with direct value in Equestria as payment." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nothing about what you did to them is good. You murdered those you knew could not protect themselves."

A coyote with a red neckerchief would emerge from the from the rubble.

"I know that face. You're losing hope in her."

"Where were you during the fight?"

"I'm not a soldier, I'm a pacifist towards sapient beings in fact. I simply bear gifts to those that fight for my land. I've never had someone I romantically loved be one of hate an evil but I've had enemies like that. Now they are friends. Even my sister, one who ruled with tyranny once is reformed, her name, Myra."

"You're related to Princess Myra?"

"Yes my name is Miror. Now, red dragon what exactly makes you think you have any right to do what you've done?"

He didn't say this as if angry but, concerned for Ruby. Quasi would've wondered how Miror would know of his feelings towards Ruby but, his mind reading said he could simply tell.

-----------------------------------------

"Gems I've noticed have much value to you Equestrians. Even noticed ponies paying with them as they do your gold coins. Once this war is over, I'll get you information."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Until Ruby had already gone through every possible hiding place, she would continue looking for and getting rid of survivors as the coyote revealed himself and started talking, his bravery gave him the honor to be the only survivor, though it didn't mean he would be left unharmed, but that was for when Ruby was ready to leave. 

As to be expected, she ignored the critique put in her way, and her reaction to Miror's last statement showed just how little she cared about others' opinions, as she let out a mocking laugh "right? don't make me laugh" "Having a right to do something implies I need a permission, I don't." "I did this because I wanted to, and because the cowards I originally was after got away." "Not my fault you were too weak to stop me." any kind of rules, was it moral or otherwise, didn't matter if there wasn't someone strong enough to uphold them. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In that case we continue this conversation then." Ember stated, it was pointless to talk about payment and such until she knew what she would need to do "But do remember, gems are the most expensive way of payment as I have stated before, but it is of course up to you, all I care about is that it has direct worth to me."

@Catpone Cerberus

"You don't seek permission, you seek approval. You think no one approves of you, it's what made you leave the Equestrians. I know who you are, you're from this prophecy. You feel alone in a world bigger than yourself, even when near others, you feel isolated. It's why you like Quasi, because you feel he cares for you. Even if your feelings might not be romantic, you feel that he is someone you're not far from. It's part of what drives your hatred, being so close yet so far from everyone."

"Even from your own kind, you feel isolated from. And yet, it is what is inside that robs you. You allow this hatred to consume you and don't try to change. Other have done much to help you, and yet you don't do your part."

"Why? Why must doing the right thing be a struggle? Saving her life and many others?"

"Ruby has to make the decision, though it will likely be for her own gain."

"You seem friendly despite what Ruby did."

"Hatred towards an individual isn't good, morally evil actually, I do hate the actions though. I worry for your red friend. And I hope your friend becomes good and abandons her evil nature."

"Ruby, was it? I hope there's a softness in your heart somewhere, for your own sake. And know I forgive you for your actions."

------------------------

"I can afford it, I'm a bounty hunter too y'know. And you know what I do isn't cheap even for the government."

"I heard what happened. I'm sorry Sky I know he was a father to him."

"He's a hero. Died selflessly. Wasn't even afraid. How will I handle this grief? When will the grief I feel end?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby seemed unimpressed "Blackmail, physical attacks, abandoning in bad situation, breaking in my home, taking my property without consent, constant invasions in my head....how helpful indeed." the sarcasm was so strong it could almost be felt "Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't do those things, but I'm not the one claiming to be the ultimate force of moral perfection." she picked up Miror "But there is one thing you're right about, I hate you." she then tightened her grip enough to break bones, nothing lethal, but enough to be quite painful, before tossing him to the side like used paper towel, this all happened too quickly for Quasi to do anything about it.

"Am I evil? maybe, if you believe in such meaningless concepts, but what makes me different than you is that I don't try to hide it, I know what I am and I embrace it, I don't need meaningless words to excuse my actions." "I was perfectly fine living among ponies mostly following their rules, it was them who started the chain reaction that has lead here by bringing me into a war I had no interest in." "While I take full responsibility of my actions. it is always your side that lead me to those decisions." "Your side are the ones who brought me into the war, they are the ones who chased me away from your side, they were the ones who cast me aside when I decided to leave the war behind, motivating me to join your enemies, and now, it was troops form your side who fled from battle leading me into your settlement." 

Regardless of who was right or wrong, it should be getting clear that Ruby was beyond morality babble at this point, in fact, it did the exact opposite of the intention, every time someone tried to push their moral superiority to her, her hated grew, as it was one of the things that had ultimately driven her away from their side, everyone claims to care, acts like they know her, tell her how she's the one in the wrong, yet not once, even for a single moment have they actually thought about it from her point of view, even the creature that loved her, the one that had literally experienced what she felt, even he didn't try to truly understand, instead everyone just repeated the same sermon with different words, every time.  Even when she had opened up she had been shut down, the conversation always ending up to how wrong she was about something. 

Miror had been possibly on the right track, speaking of isolation, yet like all others, he didn't try to make that gap smaller, and instead pushed Ruby away more, but at this point it may have been too late regardless. Ruby had gotten her blood and felt powerful again, the smells of her victory filling her nostrils, who needed approval and love, when you had fear and power.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Ember had said, it was up to the payer how they paid, in certain limitations of course, but she had felt the need to remind him so that he wouldn't be able to act like he didn't know when the time arrived, that and usually creatures preferred the cheapest option for obvious reasons. 

"It won't, you just learn to live with it." "I suggest seeking support from those you care about, I would say more but based on my therapist's opinion, my other suggestions wouldn't help much." she'd argue that they had helped her, but Sky was quite different from her, and her ways of dealing with things could have actually just made things worse for him. 

@Catpone Cerberus

The coyote made a slight whimper in pain but, he did not fear Ruby.

"I don't fear you, you're merely capable of destroying my body, I will still live, in fact, you'd merely be sending me on my way to a guaranteed perfect eternity."

"And despite everything, I still don't hate you."

Quasi noticed something about isolation. It was faint but it was something.

"You're always pushed away, they tell you you're wrong. They tell you that you aren't good enough and perhaps I've treated you the same way. It isolates you even more."

"They intruded upon your home without a second thought. They banished you and used your suffering to further their own gain. I can see why you are hurt, red dragon."

"But while you do not see good or evil, do you not see differences in the two sides? People considered evil will go farther than the ones considered good. Truth is, anyone that is not perfect is not truly good. Not even I am truly good and I don't even fight. Everyone non-divine person has done something wrong. But at the same time, there is a scale of right and wrong."

"And even if you refuse to see right and wrong, you can see what is beneficial and harmful to you, yes? The Equestrians, you can gain their trust, they'll forgive your actions without a second thought, the Fironians, they'll never care. Hurting others is how Gladia get's ahead, I've seen it in her mind. the Queen of Fironia views you a tool, and when you are done being used, you're a threat. She knows your loyalty would disappear once you find a better offer. All someone would have to do say nice things about you and give you a lot of gems. She knows that, that's why she will kill you when she is done."

"But wait, can't she use Ruby to enforce her rule over Fironia?"

"Her intention is not to rule, simply to cause chaos, she doesn't need Ruby to do that. Hence why she will kill Ruby. And Ruby, tell me, would the Equestrians stop you from going to your own land and doing whatever you want there? No one said you HAD to live in Equestria. You could take whatever reward Equestria gives you for killing Gladia, go to your homeland, and lay around in your treasure for the rest of your life. Or you could live in the Rainwing Kingdom but, they talk a lot, so you might not like it there. Then again... Queen Glory would probably pay you to guard her or be some soldier or assassin, it would give you the slaughter you like so much."

The Rainwing Kingdom stuff was just Quasi thinking out loud, which was obvious from his thoughtful look.

"Hmm... that actually sounds mutually beneficial. And the Rainwings don't usually complain about the flaws of others directly to the individual..."

At this point he wasn't fully trying to be convincing but had a genuine curiosity.

"What's your input on the rainwing idea? Then again, the Skywings need a fireproof guard since one of the guards guarding Queen Ruby has fire scales that aren't exactly something you can turned off... could really use some friends."

"Ruby, you have better options than Fironia, you don't even have to fight in this war at all."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll probably be seeking therapy, I'm not exactly stable given my other problems."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby yawned, it was one of those fake yawns, showing just how interested she was "How many times I have to say I couldn't care less about the war? my plans go beyond the worthless scuffle between nations." "And I find disappointing that you Quasi still think so little of me that you think I ever even considered that Fironians care about me, you if anyone should know that trusting someone like that is the last thing I'd do." Quasi's realization was too little too late, Ruby had already been proven right enough times that she saw herself to be alone in her thinking, it was clear that nobody else saw reality like she did "And you're not special for knowing Gladia's thoughts, I'm not stupid even if you like to think so, I don't need the ability to invade others' minds to realize obvious things." "And how cheap you think I am? 'Say nice things and give gems',  did you already forget that I left behind offered piles of treasure and easy life to return to the homelands where I had nothing and everyone wants me dead? Did you forget that the counter offer came after I had already left?" "I'm a creature of principle, not following made up morals doesn't mean I blindly follow treasure like a fool." 

"I don't want the Equestrians' trust, nor do I care about their treasure, I'm in this for my personal reasons, everything else is meaningless, and if I die so be it, I already escaped death once, it's only matter of time until fate catches up." The question about rainwings Ruby ignored for stated reason, she had fully accepted her potential death, so there was no point planning anything beyond her current goal.

It was only then that the coyote got any attention, he was clearly the less important from the two males to Ruby "I am aware of the idea of good and evil, believe it or not, it's quite important to understand it when you are trying to blend in with creatures who think they are the moral role model, but I don't see it as anything else than a rule set created by weak creatures to control stronger creatures stupid enough to blindly follow it. So no, I don't see the differences of the two sides, because there is no two sides, but if you insist, I have noticed that those considered evil tend to always be those more powerful than the creators of the morals, quite convenient isn't it? me defending myself would always be seen more evil than army of ponies attacking me in my home would be, all because I happen to be superior creature" "And do you really think I'm trying to threaten you? If I was going to kill you I would have done so already."

------------------------------------------
"Probably the best." Ember said, and that was that, she didn't really know what else to say or do besides that, she was ready to continue, though she wouldn't be surprised if they had to keep a small break due to this whole thing.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Ruby. Gladia knew that was a trap. She's ALREADY made one attempt to have you killed! She will now play it off as a failure on your part and seek to use you more before killing you later.  I thought you were the apex predator, but you act like prey giving in to someone like Gladia. You ARE her prey."

-----------------------------

"We keep moving, we'll head to the capital and march on the place. I hope whatever plan with Ruby that Luna mentioned works, Ruby is a stubborn dragon it seems."

"Are you sure Sky, you've been through a lot."

"More will die if we let Gladia keep up with her plans. For the sake of many lives, I hope Ruby does her part. We want to avoid the nuclear option if possible."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I transformed into a prey animal to live among prey animals as one of them, and you're acting like me pretending to be less than I am is somehow beneath me? Hay, I sometimes pretended to be pathetic and weak even by pony standards to get what I wanted." Ruby pointed out "Her using me is exactly what I'm relying on, she suddenly starting to care about me for real would force me to rethink things." "I have said this before but you are blind Quasi, you can't see beyond the limited world view you have been taught." "I was forced to rethink everything in life, and I owe no explanation to any of you, as you are simply unable to understand." she got ready to leave as there was nothing more to do here "The good thing about having lost everything is that you have nothing more to lose." she looked at Miror "Tell the ponies that I'm not interest, they will know what I'm talking about." she then took off
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"Dragons in general are stubborn." Ember pointed out "I recognize that even I am quite stubborn, and I'm only half-dragon." "But let me get this straight, the success of the whole big plan relies on the actions of a dragon you have turned against yourselves?" she then muttered to herself while shaking her head slowly "What have I gotten myself into." 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi followed

"When you die, I will have nothing to lose as well. Despite your crimes, I love you Ruby. There's hope for you, even if it takes years. You said I don't like you, that I like "the perfect version of you" but, that's not it. It's you I love, it's just that... I'm scared for you. You're living a life that will only do you harm. I've seen that bit in you that cares. You've put up with me, you let me invade your mind, you let me stay in your home, you let me read your books. Something you'd never do with someone else. And Ruby, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have invaded your mind like that."

He took out a bracelet from his bag.

"It's called Skyfire, it's an animus touched object that will keep your mind safe from my mind reading. Now I can only read your mind when you want me to. And you do have something to lose, the future. Whether that's treasure, freedom, slaughter, killing your mother, whatever! You have a future to lose. You have your pride to lose. Your diginity."

Suddenly, Mira would fly by them.

"I'll never understand why Quasi loves you so much but, he's right. From what we know, your pride is important to you. To lose to something you view has inferior would be an embarrassment. You are a dragon! Not a puppet! Not a some pawn."

"Mira! She'll kill you!"

"So be it, I don't fear death." "Ruby, you are right to not be afraid of dying. However, how could someone with such pride bring themselves down to a humiliating level? You are Ruby! You strike fear into the hearts of your toughest enemies, making them beg for mercy. Think about it, a draconequus tried to kill you, she thinks you're inferior. Show her who is really inferior. Destroy her throne and mount her head outside your cave letting it tell your enemies that whoever treads upon you will find death!"

Mira, being a general in battle was always good at speeches prepping her soldiers for battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If she doesn't come to our side, we won't let Gladia kill her, we will make her stand trial for the many lives lost!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
What may have been surprise to some, Ruby refused the bracelet, though it wasn't without explanation "I have already figured out your limits, and thus have no need for such trickery, besides, I don't trust you enough anymore, as far as I know, that could do the exact opposite of what you claim, giving you and your pony pals more power over my mind." it seemed like she was going to say something more but didn't due to Mira being there suddenly.

"You do not understand pride, it's not actions, it's a mindset. Taking a fight you know you can't win isn't pride, it's stupidity, dying your head held high is pride." "Am I proud of everything I have done? no, but I am very much proud of what I am," "I have no dignity left to lose, haven't had for a while, but that's not even related to my pride." she then without warning attacked Mira, grabbing her and diving into a freefall, while falling, she spoke...or well more like growled "I don't trust Gladia anymore than anyone else, but she didn't plant those explosives, take responsibility of your own actions, coward." 

-----------------------------------------

"And you think she'll agree to stand trial?" Ember questioned "Or are you going to force her by chaining her up or something? That'll certainly make her less hostile." the sarcasm was obvious "Probably have to lock her up for life to make sure she doesn't seek revenge, but wait, isn't that exactly what you condemned Equestria for?" "While I'm all for justice, this one may be one of those times where it's better to leave her alone, assuming of course she doesn't attack first." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"You have no reason to trust me. But know your best interest is what I have in mind."

Mira would manage to escape the grasp of the dragon and ready herself for a fight.

"Yes, we planted the explosives, but Gladia knew of them. Your actions reflect your mind, and therefore you aren't showing the pride you have. You die with your head held high Licking the talons of Gladia?"

Mira would avoid any attacks dished out using her military experience and training. She'd held a spear tipped with metal alloy with diamond, similar to the Dasonian weapons. Though, her weapon was big, fit for a dragon. Disarming her and breaking her spear wouldn't be as easy as it was with Quasi, Mira knew that trick all too well, having seen combat. Quasi, looked closely, noticing she wore artificial claws, also made with this special alloy. This little fight between the too was planned without Quasi's knowledge.

"And the only coward is you."

However the spear was made, it was made well. Capable slicing through even the hardest and thickest of metals and armors as if they were butter. She would try proving this fact by going for the horn with the earring fused to it.

"NO! Don't destroy that horn! You will scar her for life!

Quasi would get in the way, and block the spear with his metal front leg.

"Quasi, move now."

"I will not let you do this to Ruby! I have healed her wounds, I will not let you open them again! There must be another way."

"I could remind her safely using Equestrian magic but, she must be punished, and her death would result in more deaths. She will be turned to stone, suffer as if she is there for the rest of her life!"

"I see good in her, she jus-"

"You're naive, Quasi. You always were!"

Quasi would take his own spear, one he made from the bones of one of Ruby's kind. It was made during his time in Ruby's homeland. He'd then toss it aside, and attack Mira, using his natural dragon ability alone.

"Then why do I fight you like a dragon."

After the ensuing fight, Quasi would hold Mira by her neck.

"You let her corrupt you, Quasi."

"Am I corrupted by her, or are you corrupted by false justice? Scarring someone for life? Causing great trauma? I've seen what it can do to someone, and so have you! I will get Ruby to do the right choice but, I will not allow her to suffer."

Mira readied herself to breathe fire in an attempt to blind Quasi but, before she had the chance, Quasi bit down into Mira's neck and the dead body of Mira would plummet to the ground.

"Let's go, Ruby. Tell Gladia I was working with Luna and only that. You goals may not align with mine but, I know you wouldn't take pleasure in seeing me die."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Then she will be blown to bits. Many explosives could be used to take on Ruby? Perhaps they'll bring me a jet and I'll beat her in the air. Or a tank and I'll beat her on land. Or a rocket launcher could be shoved into her foolish mouth and I'll blow her head off."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby wasn't easy to hit either, she may have not been military trained, but she had over 100 years of experience in adapt-or-die, and the constant smoke and fire didn't make her any easier to hit. Hitting a small target like single horn was almost impossible due to that, not that it would have been as effective as one may have thought, since as stated before, the horns and claws of Ruby's kind were hard enough to go through their scales without too much problem, thus at best a hit would have been like two swords hitting together, their other bones didn't share that hardness, that's why broken bones seemed so common injury, they were still more durable than most creatures', but they were their weakest part besides things like vitals of course.

Not that any of that really mattered, since the fight didn't have time to even really start before Quasi cut in, it didn't surprise Ruby that Quasi would try to stop the fight, but she was surprised he did it physically, this was such a positive surprise that she decided to not use the moment to her advantage and attack Mira now that her weapon wasn't ready to counter her. She was even more surprised when the two started to fight, she didn't necessarily like the words Quasi had used to defend her, made her sound like such a weakling, but it was almost flattering to have two dragons fighting over her like this, back home only fights over her would be between scavengers fighting over her rotting body when she eventually would die.

She was going to say something just before Quasi made the killing attack, most likely something insulting or something she saw as clever or smart, but whatever it may have been remained mystery, as all that came out was a start of a letter before she fell silent, she was genuinely taken aback, not because she particularly cared about Mira, but because she hadn't expected it from Quasi. She could have taken Mira's head and thus complete her mission, but this is where her personal principle stopped her, she may have been a dishonest lying fraud lot of the time, but taking the credit for kills of others was beneath her.

She moved with Quasi "I will, but I will also inform her of my massacre, and my failure to catch the general." her tone was cold as usual, if any of what had happened mattered to her, she was hiding it well, as there was no sign of her caring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Why then bother to stop Gladia from killing her in the first place?" Ember pointed out, she could see the slippery slope Sky was getting on but didn't know how to address it right now. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"I don't need to read your mind, I know you feel like I made you sound weak. You're not. But, trauma is a deadly opponent, it destroys one from the inside. And I wish that not even on my worst enemy, so how could I handle it hurting someone I deeply love? Mira intended to make the trauma so painful, it would feel as if you were there. I'd rather die than see you suffer."

When they got there Gladia spoke.

"Ruby, a survivor from the explosion has informed me that you've failed. Have you anything to say before a decide how to punish you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Think about it, this draconequus wants to gain power from the battle, wouldn't it make sense to kill Ruby one she's fully powered up? In the meantime, Ruby will try to kill us during the battle and we must protect ourselves."

"It is sad, imagine the good Ruby could've done with her strength. Alas, Ruby is but a rogue."

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby, as to be expected, did not bow or otherwise submit under Gladia, and instead held her head high "As a first thing I would question how that survivor would know enough to make such statement considering I left the fort to chase the fleeing general, thus meaning that they wouldn't know what happened to said general." "But yes, I did fail, but so did your magic, turns out Quasi is still working with ponies, communicating with Luna through his dreams, idiot revealed it to me in hopes of changing my mind about all of this." "Also, why was he let out in the first place? why was the librarian out in the battlefield? someone is either making stupid decisions or your guards are simply incompetent." "Regardless of the reason, letting him out was what failed the mission, he managed to slow me down just enough for the target to gain a head start, and as great as I am, my flying speed unfortunately is not a match for species know for their speed." "I settled for the next best thing and 
massacred another settlement, I didn't bring any heads but I'm sure bits of them are still stuck on me somewhere." she showed no fear towards Gladia, no worry of any punishment she may order "I will bear any punishment you may decide on with head held high." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, who would have thought that treating already unstable and hostile creature badly would end up biting one's backside later?" Ember stated "I'm surprised even Arrow didn't realize it before it was too late, one would think that a dragon hunter would know that dragons tend to hold a grudge." "But here we are, and it helps nobody to cry about it, we need to prepare to take on a dragon who has killed longer than any of us has existed, and cockiness and blind trust on technology will get us killed."