Lucid_Nightlight

Open An Arrow to the Wing (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

@Catpone Cerberus

The cat climbed on Ruby and played with ear.

"When we leave town, I'd like to see if I would be able to take your kind on. Is your kind really stronger than Equestrian dragons?"

"I've never knew that prey could actually hurt someone. Well, you're prey to me, I don't eat anyone that is able to speak with words. Like bears, those don't speak. Have you tried roasted bear, Ruby?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby didn't seem bothered by the cat, the only indicator that she even noticed was the movement of her ear as it reacted to the small amount of pain caused by the cat.
"I don't cook my food." She stated coldly "And for strength, I have killed 20 local dragons since I came here, all of them bigger or same size as I, none of them even a slight challenge, they were slow, predictable and weak." 

"A challenge then. Local dragons are easy. If you're a deadly one, I wanna face you. No killing of course."

"Do you go for the eyes? That'd stop them?"

Arrow laughed.

"No, a large dragon breathing fire and moving around is dangerous. They're movements are harder to predict."

"Go behind them."

"Their tail is very strong. Getting hit with that isn't exactly fun. The wings are pretty weak. Taking out the wings is a good idea, but that doesn't neutralize the threat."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"P
redictable, like I said."  Ruby coldly stated "I have grown up somewhere where everyone I met were there to kill me, and hiding was impossible, we can sense everything from fear to threat, it doesn't matter if you blind me, it doesn't matter if you hide, it doesn't matter if you cripple me, I will always win." only way for her to 'lose' was to die, retreat or surrender were not an option for either side.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Seems I'd only win in an actual fight if that's the case, and I don't plan on killing you."

Eventually they'd make it out from Canterlot.

"Does your kind feel emotion?"

"Mine does. Love, anger, fear, and other emotions too! Right now..."

Quasi whispered.

"Ruby scares me!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Why whisper? I can hear you...and smell." Ruby stated before answering the question "And for emotion, yes and no." "While we do feel things like anger, hate, and other such emotions ponies see as bad, they aren't necessarily the same thing as what you'd consider them to be." "There is also emotions we do not feel, Love, compassion, empathy, guilt...things like that, emotions that could make us hesitate." "We also don't feel happiness, we do get amused and can be content, but you won't be seeing me jumping around laughing and smiling." "Expect when I'm acting, I can pretend to feel pretty much any emotion." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Huh, well I'll probably have to keep an eye on you then."

"Yeah that sounds scary."

Quasi thought about this. Not able to feel emotions like love, empathy, and joy? Would be worth living for him if he was like that?

"Do you ever wish you could feel these things?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Do you ever wish to live without them?" Ruby asked "My guess is no, because one doesn't wish for something they don't know anything about." "Besides, having seen those emotions in action, I don't see anything good about them, they only cause problems and limit one's capabilities." 
quite heartless opinion maybe, but then again, in the metaphorical sense, she didn't have a heart. 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Many do, some for a moment, some for a while. These emotions show us that we aren't mindless things. They also hurt sometimes. I know Somnus carries his own weight. Even so, if we didn't have these feelings, we wouldn't be us."

He smiled.

"So, now that we're out of Canterlot, let's learn how strong you really are."