Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open An Arrow to the Wing (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight
"As hot as I need it to be, enough to crush your skull with ease, enough to make many of your weapons useless, they can also withstand temperature changes to both directions well, currently 
transformation and several types of seals, but the potential is limitless, none of your business, and no, no creatures besides my kind and few other dragon species can use it. The cat has no name, I didn't even realize it was still with me." 

"No, there is nothing to help you with learning my language, not that it would be any use for you, you will be attacked regardless of what you speak, all they care about is that you're on their territory, and you can't even eavesdrop them because we mostly communicate with each other wordlessly, and when we do speak, we usually just insult each other." 

----------------------

"Yes and no." Ember said "The crow is what you would probably call a pet, but I don't consider it as a pet since that implies that I would have some sort of power over it, which I don't have." "It kinda just came to me and never left." *Caw Caw*

@Catpone Cerberus

"We'll use satellites as I'm sure dragons need to breathe and cannot fly in space due to various reasons. But I can see you're not interested in all that. That concludes our questioning, we'll send out machines to try and collect fallen scales and bones. This research will help our world in multiple fields, Ruby."

"I don't know what you'll take from this, Ruby, but at least they recognize your capabilities. Now let's get to that coyote place so we can go fight something."

Yeah, Quasi was interested in the science of it all, but he didn't wanna bore Ruby to death.

--------------------

Arrow looked at the crow.

"How did I forget he was there?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby dismissed whatever the humans said, she truly didn't care, instead she addressed Quasi "They'll try to make weapons and armor based on my kind and then probably attempt to take over the lands." "No species creates this type of military to just defend themselves, these 'humans' seem like what my kind would be if we lived in herds, conquerors and destroyers." you know surprisingly lot about a thing when you hate it enough. She agreed that they should keep moving, but it wasn't like she and Quasi could go anywhere alone since they had no idea where they were even going.

---------------------------------------
"It doesn't keep noise about itself." Ember stated before being interrupted by another *Caw Caw* "Except when it does." 

"Also I'm not sure if it's he, or she, i have no idea how one tells the difference so I just call it, well, it." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"I don't know, the Rainwings only attacked the Nightwings to protect their own kind. They don't seem to care about taking any land over. Maybe these scavengers are the same."

The nightwing looked thoughtful for a moment.

"I guess they could in theory take over your land, but would it even be worth it unless your kind attacked first, and clearly they don't care enough to try if you're they're anything like yourself. The only intelligent creatures is your kind, and they would be difficult to rule over, so what's the point? There's nothing to gain from attacking them."

Sky walked in.

"True, nothing to gain. Sure maybe oil and precious metals, but they can get those from any place on Equus, they have many easier options to choose from. And we intervene, we don't conquer."

"What about the Jackals? They aren't Americans, but they are part of your world. Would they try to take Ruby's land?"

Sky looked a little concerned.

"Maybe, but through manipulation. Ghedian, the leader might try to manipulate them and use their greed to his advantage. If they have something to gain by listening to Ghedian, won't they do so? Ghedian would then turn around and attempt a surprise genocide to get rid of any threats. He plans to do that with the Fironians, that's why I was sent."

"I do not know at this moment if Ghedian will make this attempt with your kind, Ruby, but if got ahold of magic capable of communicating with them, it would make his group more than just terrorists, but on par with the military power of a 1st world country."

--------------------------------

"We should take note on the humans, their uniforms actually make sense. Royal guard armor would be so easy to spot on the battlefield."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"You saying you don't conquer has as much meaning as me saying my kind doesn't kill, if you don't take over lands and kill off species', why do you have weapons capable of doing both as you earlier claimed?" Ruby pointed out "And difficult to rule over? That's exactly why we would be the first target." "This world could easily bring down Equestria and most of the planet, they're not prepared for war and they are very easy to threaten under control, but us? we would put up a fight, we would be a threat to the rule, and that's why we would be the first target." "You could easily convince yourself about how moral and good you are if you just say we are a threat to someone." 

"And don't get me wrong, I'm not judging anyone for such goals, what I am judging is how sanctimonious you herd animals are, always saying how evil others are while you're the exact same, you just manage to convince yourself otherwise." a Liar thinks everyone lies, that was very true with Ruby, but could you really blame her? 

"I also wouldn't be too worried about anyone hiring my kind, sure they may get few individuals if they manage to communicate with them before they get killed, but if my kind was military material, we would have our own military." "If we can't work with each other, what makes you think my kind would join a war as an army?"  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well they are called the Royal guard for a reason, and somehow they fail even at that." Ember pointed out "What Equestria needs is a real military, especially now that we seemingly let every world in without question." "The elements aren't going to protect from this type of military power." It was probably at this point easy to tell that Ember wasn't big fan of the current system in Equestria 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Maybe, but he could get a good number. Manipulation is deadly. What if we make the Jackals look weak to your kind? Use parts of the Dasonian army to do surprise attacks on unsuspecting Jackals. I'd say warn your kind, but what are we gonna do, go up to the dragons one by one and tell them? Never mind the fact we wouldn't get a word out!"

"I dragons have a good sense of smell and the Dasonians would have to stay hidden from dragons and jackals."

"So do coyotes. The Dasonians know how to cover up their smell using various methods. Given the nature of this, they cannot use armor, too much noise."

"You're talking about dragons, their armor cannot defend against that. Their armor is essentially extra weight."

Quasi looked at Ruby.

"You know your land well, what course of action should we take? Go there and fight the Jackals, or let them try and we face whatever comes at us?"

--------------------------

"I'm worried about terrorists getting in. The Jackals are a threat already. We aren't capable of stopping attacks with that kind of weaponry. We aren't even capable of fighting threats in our own world. Storm King gained control of Canterlot in minutes. Princess Luna seems to understand the issue, but Princess Celestia is too focused on whatever. The Equestrian government could use some reform."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"My kind will handle it." "They may be able to cover up their smell, but do they know every place on our lands well enough to know what smells would be around normally?" "Some of us have been in same place for hundreds of years, some even thousands, a smallest smell or the tiniest sound will immediately raise suspicion." "We can also tell if a source of the scent is moving since we can pinpoint it so well, so let's say you cover yourself with mud, mud doesn't usually walk around, so it raises suspicion"

"Also, these jackals are already weak from point of view of my kind, I'm not the only one who looks down on magic and weapons you see, and I'm what you would consider, very cooperative, when compared to most of my kind."

"We are talking about bunch of dogs going to the lands of predators with senses and skills that makes even other predators scared, trying to get greedy dragons to leave their treasure and territory that they have gathered with effort and pain to fight in a war they don't care about?" Ruby seemed genuinely amused "Even the weakest most pathetic individual from my kind is able to handle that." 

She returned to her usual coldness "My point is, my kind will handle an attack, and while it is possible for some of them to take the deal that is potentially offered, unlikely, but possible, as we have already seen in the arena, those who will take the offer up are those like me who don't have treasure and or territory to guard, thus meaning that they haven't been able to get or keep one, thus meaning they are the weakest of the weak." "And before you try to use what you most likely think was a slip up from me against me, I was weak once, I'll leave it to that, and will rip your head off if you try to bring it up." 

--------------------------------------
"It's not that Celestia doesn't understand the problem, the problem is the citizens." "Don't get me wrong, the princesses make very stupid decisions and they are the ones to blame for the problem with the common ponies too, but still, one should be fair." Ember explained "Ponies believe everything is good in the world, that only bad in the world is literal monsters that can be defeated with friendship and whatever, and making the necessary changes...well, they would most likely revolt." 

@Catpone Cerberus

"Yeah, why would anyone sacrifice a house or cave for a few shining things? If you have no place to store it, it'll only get stolen. The weak ones? Well, maybe. And I doubt someone like you could be week Ruby. You're the strongest dragon I've ever you."

Sky was gonna speak when suddenly he heard gun fire and roars of dragons.

"They're scared of us enough to attack our world, I'm flattered."

Sky would run out and Quasi followed. The coyote climbed into a fighter jet, looked similar to other ones with a few differences. Also had his team symbol that was on his jacket. Clearly his.

QuArrow looked at Myra.

"He gonna break the sound barrier with that?"

"While something Sky could easily do with that, no. A dog fight is typically not anywhere near that speed. It's a pretty cool jet though. 3D prints ammunition and missiles. It's experimental technology that is being tested on Sanctuary Moon. Good insurance plan on the thing too."

"Think your insurance is good? Ponyville gets really good insurance discounts due to getting destroyed a lot."

It seemed that not many aircraft were in the air, just Sky's. Most of the fighting was with anti-air guns. If dragons were to land on carrier, they'd be engaged by both human and canine soldiers using firearms.

"Sky is distracting the Fironian attackers to keep them all from overwhelming the carrier."

Quasi looked at Ruby.

"Seems like a fun time to me, dragon with the least kills is a squidhead!"

Quasi then went up to join the fight against the dragons.

Mira landed and looked at Ruby.

"You aren't a good influence on him."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"There's no greater show of strength than rising from the bottom to the top." Ruby managed to say before everyone went to the the battle ,it was still quite a way to the top for her but she would be there eventually, she had nothing but time.

She watched the attack calmly and ignored the conversation about the jets since she didn't understand most of it, nor did she really care either, she was more interested in potential fun. She was also observing how the dogs and humans defended themselves , making mental notes on their tactics and other details, they may have been her allies for now, but she still didn't trust the words about the goodness of their nature. 

She finally readied herself when Mira spoke to her, and took off after saying to her "Who defines what's good and what not? Though I do agree, this development isn't good, it's excellent." She would then join the fight, though for her it was less defending anything and more seeking out dragons to kill, and this again showed bit of her viciousness/cruelty, as instead of going for strikes that would be immediately lethal, she purposely just caused injuries that would lead to things like drowning, falling or lethal bleeding.

She would also go after some that had reached the carrier just to show the humans and canines how violent she could be, to her war was mental as much as it was physical, so it was important to make your enemy fear you, but it was also for her own enjoyment.

If any human or canine shot her by accident, she would also 'accidentally' hit some of them, and there wasn't really any proof that it wasn't an accident if she did.

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi would stab at his enemies with his spear and would dodge flames easily. His new speed gave him a great advantage. To Quasi, these were threats, if they wanted him dead, why shouldn't he fight back?

Was using this speed weak? Not to Quasi.

The jet would fly off with a sonic boom.

"What is Sky-"

Suddenly missile would come their way, shooting down dragons, there was suddenly chaos and panic in their forces. They had no idea what was happening.

Many would flee into the portal, others would keep fighting. Sky would return and land on the carrier, he did what he saw was necessary.

Suddenly, a dragon would appear, a really large dragon. Really dark. This was one of Quasi's race.

When Quasi saw him, he stopped and landed.

"Do not bother shooting, you weapons are useless against my scales. The white one knows who I am."

"Darkstalker... but... they defeated you!"

"They defeated the real one. I'm a clone made with animus magic. My remember not my actual weaker form. However, have the power of the original. I did not expect the these humans to put up a fight, who knows what the future holds."

He looked at Ruby and brought her to him, holding her by the neck. And Quasi took a mental note on what Darkstalker said on not knowing what the future holds.

"Red one, the one that thinks in an unknown language. I will see to it that you witness something you've not known in a long time, but one you remember vividly. Fear. And no, we have no need to recruit your entire kind, they are to me but insects and are of no interest to me."

Darkstalker would then throw her across the ship, but not hard enough to actually hurt her too seriously, and went through the portal. A scroll would fall from his bag, and Sky would run and take the scroll.

Quasi would run over to Ruby.

"Darkstalker is strong, but he said he doesn't know what the future holds. This means he doesn't have the ability to see the future like the original one. This is worse than I thought. But I doubt he can make you feel fear, you aren't afraid of anything!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ember also took part in the fight, but she mostly just went after those that managed to land because while she could fight in the air, she was disadvantaged due to her smaller size and wasn't paid to fight the war itself, she was a bounty hunter, not a soldier. She would also take cover when the large dragon appeared, this was outside her pay grade.

Ruby didn't really pay attention to anything that was said by or regarding the dark dragon, first because she didn't stop going after the dragons until she was caught by the bigger dragon, and after she was hanging from her neck, she was more focused on scratching the hand/leg that was holding her, since she wasn't like cat that locked up when someone picked her up from her neck, and as long as something in her moved, she would put up a fight, no matter how meaningless her efforts were. She would also throw insults at him, including but not limited to "Kill me or fight like a dragon you coward." She fixed her position in the air a bit to make her landing smoother, the difference between getting slammed into the air and just being thrown was that she wasn't stunned and thus could use her wings to slow herself down, this of course didn't make her landing perfectly smooth, but it was lot better than it would have been if she didn't so what she did.

"There's few things I fear and he isn't one of them." Ruby said stretching, it was her way to check if anything was broken, again. "Celestia better pay me well for this." "But why is it that everyone just talks about what they are gonna do but don't do anything?" "I have never understood this whole thing about ominous threats, if he is so powerful, why didn't he just kill us all here and now?" She also used this chance to pick on the others "So, how is our mighty dragon hunter and the ones with unbeatable weapons going to handle this one!?"

@Catpone Cerberus

"This Darkstalker is clearly a threat. Can this dragon not get harmed?"

"Well, the last few dragons that faced Darkstalker beat him. One, named Kinkajou use venom on his eyes, yes, he healed his eyes, but it seems that his scales are just invincible. I am unsure on his bones.""

"Even if his scales are invincible, his internal organs are probably normal for dragons like himself. And if he made to where he can't die anyway, assuming he did so, if we destroy the brain, he'll be brain dead and unable to heal himself. We have the capabilities, but using them isn't practical. Whatever the case, we no longer need the Dasonians, we've got a much larger force now. Given the severity, the president will be notified and will address the nation soon. Congress may be voting to declare war as we speak."

"While this army gives us a fighting chance, Animus dragons are deadly. And one like the one we just met? This won't be an easy war."

"Attention everyone! The pentagon has notified us that we are at DEFCON 1! The President will be addressing the nation!"

Another voice came up on the radio.

"My fellow Americans we have gotten word that Fironian forces have launched an attack on the aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush. Our brave men and women have successfully fended off the attack, though they did get met by a type of dragon called an Animus, a dragon type that many media have talked about. This one being known in legends and stories in one of the two worlds we met. This has put us at DEFCON 1. However, America and it's allies stand ready to fight back. While humans cannot effectively fight in Equus, canines can and will be sent. Human forces will be sent to the land named Pyrrhia to keep an eye on that front. If this isn't clear already, it was voted by congress that we declare a state of war on the Dragon Republic of Fironia. We will win this war, this is the president of the United States signing out."

"Do I like get a medal or something?"

A couple aircraft carriers would show up. One of them would stay. Other naval ships would show up to. Most of them, including the one they were on would go into the portal. after the humans got on one of the other ships. Many Pyrrhian forces were waiting to guide human forces to Pyrrhia.

"Alright, I think our plan should be to take out defense so our forces can attack. Animus dragons are capable of making things that could easily keep your forces out."

"No, I think we should go for key generals, leaders, and whatever to destroy their organization and command. We have two bounty hunters. Sky and Ember. You two will take lead, as this is something you know a lot about."

"Ember, are any of the ones you need to take out useful for us to take out? People that are needed for the Fironians? If we can destroy vital dragons, we can win this war."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"There is no such thing as invincible, even beings from unnatural sources can be harmed, and this one is plenty natural." Ruby said to no one in particular while that talk was still going on, she actually already had a plan to take down the big dragon, it was risky and could lead to her death, but as was already known, she wasn't afraid to die. She didn't say anything about her idea though, because considering the words of the dark dragon, she had a feeling that he had been before appearing and possibly still was listening to them somehow.

"Without going into too much detail, those who hired me believe that when I am to succeed in my job, it will indeed hinder the war efforts from their side." "Though the effect may be more subtle than killing their leader for example." Ember explained "But as was said, I'm a bounty hunter, if you want me to go after someone specific, you only need to hire me to do so, usually I would do some digging before agreeing, but there is no doubt that you are not going after innocent." 

Ruby thought about something and joined in with a question "What do we know about the leader?" 

@Catpone Cerberus

Sky thought for a moment.

"What if he used a nuke? If he's close, anything not invincible will be vaporized."

"Can you justify using such a weapon? Many would be killed in the explosions. Remember, the Fironian government and army is evil, but they still have civilians."

Sky nodded to Arrow, he had a point. Sky then looked at Ember.

"Honestly, my payment will be a lot, making future missions pointless in terms of payment. To preserve the experience, I'll give most if not all of my payment. It's in the millions and honestly... I want to maintain the experience of completing the missions I do."

"Need I mention that the money will be pretty useless when we retire to Dasonia? Under a leadership from Sky, the land will surely look upon a nice future."

Quasi looked at Ruby, whether or not he could understand her thoughts in word, he could get enough to know that she was gonna do something dangerous.

"Ruby, I know enough to know you don't fear death. But, I don't know if I could keep going if you died. Whatever you're planning, we can do something else."

"Quasi is right, your life is precious."

Quasi looked at Ruby again.

"Maybe, but I have an idea...remember that page taken by the Koala? Maybe we could find it and use it?"

Sky gave the scroll he found to Quasi, as it was written in his language.

"So... that's where the scroll is. Alright! Let's split into teams! Me and Ruby, we'll  go after the scroll! The rest of you, kill the key leaders that are vital to the Fironians!"

@Lucid_Nightlight
Ruby mentally rolled her eyes at the mention of protecting civilians, these foolish creatures giving themselves a such a weakness, though it wasn't a surprise to her, in fact, that was exactly why she was planning to target pony-civilians if ponies ever attacked her, herd animals really loved their most useless individuals, and attacking them would cause more pain than taking down any army.

"Millions of what?" Ember questioned "As far as I know, you could be using feathers or something as your currency, which would be absolutely worthless in Equestria." she pointed out, she wasn't one for open-ended deals, the details needed to be clear and exact, because it wouldn't be the first time when someone would try to scam her, and Sky hadn't exactly given the best possible impression to her.

Ruby could be heard commenting on the background "Under the leadership of Sky? I feel bad for them already and I can't even feel sympathy." 

"Don't act like you suddenly care, I'm not fooled." Ruby stated rather coldly, though she was more talking to everyone else but Quasi "Not that I care, why would I care how someone may feel after I'm no longer to see it? I don't even care when I see it." regardless of her opinion on anyone, she still lacked sympathy and compassion to even comprehend something like grief, she looked at Quasi, "And I will not use magic, now or ever.". What came for the plan of action, she had nothing to say, she didn't care as long as she got to do something.

@Catpone Cerberus

"U.S. dollars. Paper currency... well technically cloth? Pretty much useless to you as we haven't figured out how Equestian bits translate to any currency in my world, however, I could purchase things of value like gold or something. Or maybe jewelry or some other luxury item that you could pawn off for a lot of money... or keep, I don't care."

"Dasonians care for life. And you are part of life."

Quasi Nix looked at Ruby.

"Ruby, that page would give a decisive advantage. But it is true that finding it would be difficult, we wouldn't know where to look. But if you're going up against Darkstalker, I want to go with you. We'll need to make a good plan, or it will only end in our deaths. If Darkstalker wanted to, he could take control of you and make you kill yourself. Darkstalker did that to his father... it was a violent death. Ever been disemboweled? Doesn't sound fun. And I'd also like to keep my tongue attached to myself."

"I know! You won't use Equestrian magic or animus magic, but... what about your kind? Think about it! We go to your land, find some magic, and kill Darkstalker! Problem is, I don't think even you'd no where to look? Can't ask one of those elders you mentioned, they'll just kill us. Unless... we go into an else's territory, try to get information, and if that fails, kill the elder and look around their territory for information! I'm sure we can handle an old dragon!"

"Again bad influence."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Gold works, it at least has a set worth." and it was easy to store if Ember decided to keep it, she was half-dragon after all "And while I won't now be requiring a written contract like I usually do, know that if you try to trick me, I'll be coming for your head next." while she had certain code of morals that she followed with her work, those morals got thrown out when someone crossed her, it was part of the reason why she was respected by those who dealt with her.

Ruby shook her head "That's not how any of it works." "One can't just find our magic, sure, you can find some spells, which I have found plenty of, but due to generations of not using magic, it will take lot of studying to learn those spells, besides, magic is magic, no matter the source." "And the elders...I have no idea where they are, if they are still alive, and it's waste of time to ask anyone, because nobody else knows either." she narrowed her eyes "If there was a way for me to get access to the ancient powers that would let me to become the superior creature, you really think I would be living among prey and tolerating them?" 

@Catpone Cerberus

"What spells do you know? That exploding one, can you do a larger version of it? Perhaps a well placed hit in the head will damage the brain enough to make Darkstalker useless."

"Thing is Darkstalker hides behind his magic. Good news, the scroll here confirms that he doesn't have the ability to see the future. It's also true that he listens to a specific individual. We just need to find out who."

Quasi looked thoughtful.

"I have some earrings from the last time Darkstalker attacked. They were given out in Jade Mountain academy. Take one and out it on to block his magic. It won't make you invincible to physical attacks. And it he were to use his magic to make a brick wall it you, it'd still hit you. But magical items cannot affect you if they are enchanted by Darkstalker."

"Perhaps I should've said this earlier."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"Transformation and sealing spells are the only ones I can do currently, the exploding one was a sealing spell, I just made it unstable so that it exploded when it got triggered by me pulling the chains." "Sealing spells can't be used on living creatures." Ruby explained  "I know plenty of more powerful spells but to learn to use them...let's just say most creatures around here would die of old age before I could use them in a battle." "And earrings? Does it really need to be put on an ear or can it be used as necklace or horn ornament or something, I don't exactly have any soft ears where to put an earring." 

"Well, you can wear the earring in other ways I guess. Those ways are wearing it, so you're good in that regard."

She put the earring on one of her horns.

"You're clearly the horn ornament type. Maybe necklace. Oh and bracelets, golden."

It was time to go.

"I have a theory. If Darkstalker were to wear one of these earrings, his magic would work against him and turn him into dust. However, putting an earring on him wouldn't be easy."

Quasi would start flying.

------------------------------

Arrow looked at Ember as he started to head off the ship.

"What kind of dragons are on your list, hitmare?"

"How much to kill me?" Sky joked.

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I don't believe it would be that simple." Ruby stated as she followed Quasi "The most obvious solution is rarely the right one when going against someone with any brain."  "Especially if they can read minds, then you need to do things that even you wouldn't think of doing." 

---------------------------------------------
"As stated, I won't share any details, but they will be easy and quick jobs, you won't even notice I'm gone." Ember simply stated, she wouldn't talk about ongoing jobs, and if Arrow meant in general, he would need to word it differently "And you Sky, honestly it depends who wants you dead, but if you were to fit my requirements, I don't think it would be much, you are on the low-end, no offence." she was going after lot bigger fish nowadays.

@Catpone Cerberus

"Your mind is safe to an extent, mine is not safe. I honestly don't know how to win this without animus magic. How does one take a magical unkillable down? We can't trap them, they'll use their magic to escape. Equestrian magic would do it, but you don't want to use magic, I assume you view that as cowardly."

Quasi thought for a while.

"I have a bracelet with skyfire. It can prevent my mind from being read. However, if I wear it, I too will be unable read minds while it is on. I might put it on when we're about to face Darkstalker. Even if Darkstalker wasn't invincible, his horns alone are three times the height of the tallest dragon in my world and his wingspan is the width of a mountain, as you've seen. Killing Darkstalker won't be an easy task. Any ideas, Ruby?"

Quasi really liked being near Ruby, anyone good at reading the face of a dragon would know that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who do you think we should go after first? I think Quasi and Ruby plan to handle Darkstalker, though, that dragon is pretty big."

"Yeah, we need someone that is important."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"I have an idea, but I will not say it out loud in case certain cowardly dark dragon is listening." she added the insult in case they were being listened "I will also not think about it in this language, as it is better for its success that you don't know it." Ruby explained "But what I will say, his size brings weaknesses, and I don't mean speed alone, for example, his horns, due to their size, they are less effective in stabbing, and effective in blunt force, these are the details you should focus on." "While one should never underestimate their opponent, you should focus on his weaknesses, not strengths." "And most importantly, be unpredictable, think what would be the most obvious move, and then do the opposite, but not every time, that would make you predictable again." 

------------------------------------------
"I'll go after my original targets first, but like said, you won't even notice when i'm gone, it will be quick." Ember said "But other than that, I'd suggest whoever are the ones in charge for communications and supplies, if we can cut the supply lines and communication, the army will become ineffective and disorderly." 

@Catpone Cerberus

Quasi looked at Ruby while flying.

"Yeah, but he literally cannot die through traditional means. Any attack will do essentially nothing. My suggestion is some kind of magic. He's probably going to expect it anyway, but that's the only way we can stop him. Some kind of Equestrian magic. I've done my research, as per usual for a scrollworm like myself."

The nightwing would list some ideas.

"Time travel... no very dangerous, unicorn magic... no, Arrow would've used that, hmm... what about a... draconequus... that Discord guy. Problem is, would he care enough to get involved."

@Lucid_Nightlight
"If you are so certain that only magic can take him down, why am I here?" Ruby questioned "If you want Equestrian magic, why isn't Arrow with you instead of me?" "You knew I don't use magic, you knew I'm not Equestrian." "I'm not even a diplomatic advantage if you're planning to get help from the Equestrian chaos-spirit or whatever, because you're literally the only creature who doesn't openly dislike me." "I'm not even paid to go after this dragon, so why am I here?." a rather accusatory expression rose to her face as she looked at Quasi "Of course, I'm your meat-shield, a distraction."
 Was there really any other conclusion she could end up to in current situation? Her treatment and being left behind didn't really help the situation. "The others wanted me out of their way and they found their way to do it, a battle I cannot win, a certain death." "You all knew that I wouldn't back out of a fight, so what better way to get rid of me." Ruby clearly wasn't happy, and unfortunately there was no thoughts to help with choosing the right words to calm her down, and when it came to her emotions, only one that may be more unexpected than others was the feeling of betrayal.