Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you replaced anyone in MLP with Yourself how different would things be?

CameoShadowness

On 7/31/2020 at 4:10 PM, Jesse Terrence said:

The show would most likely twist into south park or bojack horseman territory if I replaced anyone from the main cast xD

Oh nooo! XD That would be hallarious terrifying!

On 7/31/2020 at 4:12 PM, Splashee® said:

The show would be -20 percent cooler with me around :ph3ar:

- as in NEGATIVE?!

On 7/31/2020 at 8:20 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

I'd replace Princess Celestia's aide, Raven Inkwell. The show would go on exactly the same, but I'd get to live in a castle,mingle with royalty, and would undoubtedly meet my beloved Twilight Sparkle!  

340?cb=20140312045033

I wouldn't mind being her. I already have the glasses for it!

Smart choice!

On 7/31/2020 at 8:59 PM, Will Guide said:

The funny thing is what I was thinking of Will Guide actually taking the role of either Twilight or Starlight in Triple Threat. That would mean that I'd get an opportunity to speak with my favorite Love Bug Thorax, wheter it would be talking about Chairs as Twilight

Or having tea as Starlight (go to 1:48)

Even though Twilight and Starlight are trying to distract Thorax, still being to hang out with him in place of the magic horse would be awesome speaking as the real me!

But there's one problem with the idea of Will Guide taking the places of either one of them in this episode: when it comes time for Ember mistaking the two ponies for each other. Now personally, I can act a lot like Twilight: wanting to learn a lot about the subject at hand (even though I very rarely open up a book, the fact that I still go on the internet looking for information about things that catch my interest still rings true to Twilight's research habits), I tend to get worried and have freak-outs, and I have an overall adorkable personality. But the fact remains that Ember keeps confusing Twilight and starlight for each other especially because of how they look very similar.

And because I'm a red pony in a blue vest, regardless of who I would replace if Ember actually did try to compare me to the other, it likely would just make her look even more ridiculous due to our fur colors and Cutie Marks being completely different. (My cutie mark is a pop-up book representing Disney Stories; the ponies have Magic-based designs in their Cutie Marks' appearance)

To be honest I don't think I'm likely going to try to adapt that episode into my Will Guide fanon even if I did have the time to write it well.I know it sound like I'm derailing the topic but it still comes off as kind of funny in hindsight.

Still to get to the point of the topic I would much perfering be Spike or Thorax, any one of those options will do.

As Spike, I would probably tone down Spike's crush on Rarity. I would still be helping with her projects but I wouldn't be doing it out of being infatuated with her. I'd be helping her just to be helpful. The episode where Spike becomes Spikezilla on his birthday would frankly fulfill a fantasy of mine, but with less property damage and ponies like the Wonderbolts NOT getting hurt. Most of the rest of the stuff in the series would be the same if I was Spike.

Now if I were Thorax, I likely wouldn't have done anything that much different than he did in the show, but I would still get to become a shapeshifting Changeling who ends up becoming a kind leader the Changelings really needed and actually befriending other races/species rather than lie and deceive for personal gain at the expense of others. (Glares at Chrysalis)

On 7/31/2020 at 9:37 PM, Pentium100 said:

Well, if it was me instead of Twilight at the beginning of the series, Equestria would be doomed because, IMO, the first impressions of the other main ponies were awful and I probably would he told them where to go. At the same time, I would most likely not have gone into the forest to look for the Elements. So, yeah, doomed. 

If it was me instead of Starlight, there would not have been an "Our Town" as I would be completely disinterested in being in charge of anything, so, I guess, the other ponies would be happier because they would not be brainwashed.

As for others, well, I do not think I would like being in their place (I, in place of, say, Sweetie Belle would be completely different than her) and I do not think Equestria would be better off if I was in place of some main character.

However, I probably would like replacing Starlight - I could have a shot at somehow meeting Twilight and me being in place of her would most likely not doom Equestria, where I would be OK replacing Twilight (she seemed to have a good life before the beginning of the series), but "Pentium Sparkle" probably would not live very long after the beginning of the series because of the constant threats to Equestria that would be allowed to happen because of no elements of harmony. So, yeah, replacing Starlight would be better.

Hmmmm...  Great points... but if Ember is color blind she can still mistake y'all based on color due to the lack of knowing the differences between certain colors- verything else though stands.

On 7/31/2020 at 11:31 PM, SharpWit said:

I suppose this all really depends on how not having knowledge from the show would affect us and at one point we'd be taking over for the character.

For example, if I chose to become Nightmare Moon at the beginning, I don't have memories of the show, so this is not only a very confusing situation as these minds sort of clash, but I don't have the benefit of hindsight to successfully thwart the Mane 6's efforts unless I were willing to openly kill them? I dont want too, Nightmare Moon didn't want too, but I'm a demigod and I've never seen these ponies in my life.

Reveal hidden contents

I read a book with a scenario somewhat like this. A demon was tired of hell and decided to live life as some random teenage boy in the Human world. He possessed one who was about to die and stopped the body/vessel from being destroyed while the soul moved on. He then uses the memories of his departed host to navigate his way around and fit in. Ultimately he wanted to experience intercourse before another demon would be sent up to collect him, only he occupied a "loser" and chased after a girl that had a crush on him but the guy was never into, and sort of fails by coming on too string and scaring her away. Ultimately he learns a lesson about enjoying the little things in life and goes back to hell. This was a young adult paperback book I read over a decade ago, not a fanfic.

Anyways, I'm opting for King Sombra from his introduction. His ambitions are big but simple, and that's about it. I'm up for seizing power and maintaining it way more effectively, otherwise free to do as I please. What other character in the show has such little baggage? The worst thing going on is that the Royal Sisters have it out for me but I wouldn't care what they think and they couldn't stop me, especially with my purposefully induced paranoia and war interests engaged. I'd be unstoppable!

I ... hm.... good point but you'll die twice in horrific ways.... D:

On 7/31/2020 at 11:55 PM, Narcissus said:

I'd replace Luna and you'd see the character quickly reverting back to Nightmare Moon, impatiently awaiting Celestia's apology and bringing doom and destruction to all until she got it.

Celestia literally came right after Luna turned back- before she could even really wake up either so how are you gonna turn to Nightmare Moon when you're knocked out?

On 8/1/2020 at 8:12 AM, HearthSoul said:

if @Lucky Bolt replaced Rainbow Dash there would be havok happening :P 

Reveal hidden contents

especially among the male members of the Wonderbolts :yay:

Oh dear :D sounds like regular old Dashie though. 

On 8/1/2020 at 8:19 AM, Cagey said:

I think I remember that book. ^_^

I wouldn’t want to replace any character, especially main characters. If I were a background pony, I would also have more freedom. 

Yeah but which background character? Some make you destine to specific situations.

On 8/1/2020 at 8:35 AM, ExplosionMare said:

My Little Pony: Explosions are Magic

Explosion jokes aside, I would probably be very introverted along with Fluttershy and occasionally hyper like Pinkie, so the Mane 6 would have a lot to keep up with.

Most likely though I’d replace Fluttershy, cause I’m such a big introvert.

I can see those speratic moments causing uproar but due to your nature things won't be too bad for the mane six.

On 8/1/2020 at 11:06 AM, TomDaBombMLP said:

I don't really know. I hope they don't hate me. :worry:

Same.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:20 PM, Ittoni said:

Pfft! I would substitute one of the many changelings so I can live in the hive and meet my two favorite non ponies ever, Thorax and Pharynx. I would form a close friendship with Pharynx knowing I'm also an angry bug that knows what's up and is frustrated by how little sense the logic of others makes and together we will lead the changeling race to a better future!... Or you know, just be a happy shapeshifter bug in a society that for the most part takes care of each other because Thorax is the sweetest thing in existence. 

If I were to replace somepony it could probably be some background pony. The main cast all have their positives and negatives but mostly I don't think I would be able to either impersonate them or handle their lives, I'm too depressed for keeping the circus going. Except Fluttershy maybe since she doesn't have to deal with other ponies for the most part and has a more passive supportive rol. Also dealing with animals would be neat.

>:0 Plot twist! You got some solid ideas.

On 8/1/2020 at 4:35 PM, Splashee® said:

Replace me with Rarity and no one would notice

You sure about that?

On 8/4/2020 at 8:50 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

If I took the place of a royal, Discord would be banished from Equestria. :sealed:

Yo SAME! or have his powers stripped until a certain point... if ever...

On 8/4/2020 at 4:30 PM, Splashee® said:

If my OC was female, it wouldn't make much difference, but mine is male, and one male and 5 females just won't work

It can work! It just would be a bit awkward and make Spike a bit gay (if he still keeps the falling for Rarity) but if it doesn't- you would have a cool little dude to hange with making Spike more confertable. :3 I hope you understand what I mean.

On 7/31/2020 at 9:59 PM, Will Guide said:

As Spike, I would probably tone down Spike's crush on Rarity. I would still be helping with her projects but I wouldn't be doing it out of being infatuated with her. I'd be helping her just to be helpful. The episode where Spike becomes Spikezilla on his birthday would frankly fulfill a fantasy of mine, but with less property damage and ponies like the Wonderbolts NOT getting hurt. Most of the rest of the stuff in the series would be the same if I was Spike.

Now if I were Thorax, I likely wouldn't have done anything that much different than he did in the show, but I would still get to become a shapeshifting Changeling who ends up becoming a kind leader the Changelings really needed and actually befriending other races/species rather than lie and deceive for personal gain at the expense of others. (Glares at Chrysalis)

@CameoShadowness

So, nothing to say about me possibly replacing Spike or Thorax?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

@CameoShadowness

So, nothing to say about me possibly replacing Spike or Thorax?

Sorry I had so many folks to reply to I did pass over that. I swore I replied though. In reality you replaying either wouldn't be a huge thing but it's cool to know those were your choices. I also am glad you pointed out Spikezillla which I honestly forgot about because it was one hell of an episode. The thing is I'm not sure you would have 100% control on that. Spike never really set out to hurt or do damage but end up doing quite a bit of it so it raises the question of do you think you'd have that control?

Sorry for missing your post. Seriously how could I have? I quoted and somehow didn't reply.

27 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

Sorry for missing your post. Seriously how could I have? I quoted and somehow didn't reply.

You're forgiven and this has been a very nice topic.

38 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

I ... hm.... good point but you'll die twice in horrific ways.... D:

How? None of what happens after that point in the show is guaranteed because I'd be pulling the reins. I get to share in Sombra ' confidence, but I wouldn't be underestimating my opponents either. Once I secure the crystal heart and the city I'm all set. Their magic Mcguffins can handle stand alone Villains, but they've got nothing on a mind controlled army.

564758689_2020-08-0911_26.02-1.thumb.png.e2d32d9ee680faf59a5652c5dd419308.png

6 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

Hmmmm...  Great points... but if Ember is color blind she can still mistake y'all based on color due to the lack of knowing the differences between certain colors- verything else though stands.

Ember is also inattentive - she mixed up Starlight and Twilight. While they do look similar and could be easily mixed up based on colors and cutie marks, but out of those two ponies only one has wings.

38 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

Yeah but which background character? Some make you destine to specific situations.

I dunno, maybe some random changeling, or if it has to be a named character, someone without much development. And it wouldn’t hurt to have status, so what about… Fancy Pants or Fleur? I’m not thinking about it too much. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

- as in NEGATIVE?!

Yes.

Because the show was already 20% cooler, it will only be 100% cool with me in it. I kinda would try to erase Rainbow Dash from making the show too cool

8 hours ago, Will Guide said:

You're forgiven and this has been a very nice topic.

Sweet <3

8 hours ago, SharpWit said:

How? None of what happens after that point in the show is guaranteed because I'd be pulling the reins. I get to share in Sombra ' confidence, but I wouldn't be underestimating my opponents either. Once I secure the crystal heart and the city I'm all set. Their magic Mcguffins can handle stand alone Villains, but they've got nothing on a mind controlled army.

564758689_2020-08-0911_26.02-1.thumb.png.e2d32d9ee680faf59a5652c5dd419308.png

Because he died once from Cadance getting the Crystal Heart (which the way the show is st up can't be avoided) then again from after Discord revived him and the mane got to him through the elements (not the stones them just using it's powers).Still you can't underestimate your opponets if you never delt with them before- maybe not even heard of them but not entirely sure if he knew what the sister's- let alone anyone else was capable of.

8 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Ember is also inattentive - she mixed up Starlight and Twilight. While they do look similar and could be easily mixed up based on colors and cutie marks, but out of those two ponies only one has wings.

Oh yeah! You're right

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

I dunno, maybe some random changeling, or if it has to be a named character, someone without much development. And it wouldn’t hurt to have status, so what about… Fancy Pants or Fleur? I’m not thinking about it too much. 

That would be interesting but makes sense. You don't want to interupt the show much.

4 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Yes.

Because the show was already 20% cooler, it will only be 100% cool with me in it. I kinda would try to erase Rainbow Dash from making the show too cool

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Would that even be possible?!?!

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

That would be interesting but makes sense. You don't want to interupt the show much.

I try not to interrupt the show. When it comes to my potential fanfiction as Unicorn and Changeling Will Guide, I tried to add on to it and give my characters some story arc to go alongside the main characters.

• Brohoof 1

I try not to interrupt the show. When it comes to my potential fanfiction as Unicorn and Changeling Will Guide, I tried to add on to it and give my characters some story arc to go alongside the main characters.

That is mclitty. I wonder how that would work- I can see you doing it easily with Rarity if you're Fancy Pants or FdL unless you want the whole mane cast- then that would be trickier but still super cool to see.

7 minutes ago, CameoShadowness said:

That is mclitty. I wonder how that would work- I can see you doing it easily with Rarity if you're Fancy Pants or FdL unless you want the whole mane cast- then that would be trickier but still super cool to see.

I don't think you got my point. When I do fanfiction I usually try to make unicorn Will Guide and Changeling Will Guide just simply Friends of the Mane 6.

You can check out their character bios from here.

I don't think you got my point. When I do fanfiction I usually try to make unicorn Will Guide and Changeling Will Guide just simply Friends of the Mane 6.

You can check out their character bios from here.

Hm. I see.

3 hours ago, CameoShadowness said:

Because he died once from Cadance getting the Crystal Heart (which the way the show is st up can't be avoided) then again from after Discord revived him and the mane got to him through the elements (not the stones them just using it's powers).Still you can't underestimate your opponets if you never delt with them before- maybe not even heard of them but not entirely sure if he knew what the sister's- let alone anyone else was capable of.

Sombra likes to mess with and incapacitate his enemies. That's why he he blocks Shining Armor from using his horn, and has eleborate nondeadly obstacles that Twilight has to face. He would rather toy with those who attempt to defeat him, or if worthy enough, be put to use. I don't take those kinds of chances though. I'd sooner destroy a threat than attempt to incorporate it into my own arsenal. Shining Armor is clearly a powerful unicorn, and would be great to have on my side, but I'm better off eliminating him entirely than risk him getting recaptured and potentially free of my control. I don't have his strength to my army but neither would my present enemies. At the very start, Shining Armor wouldn't have been given the chance to get back through Cadence's shield.

Every second of delay mattered in this situation. Cadence was under a lot of strain, and had her strength given out any sooner, Sombra would have won. Now that Shining Armor isn't in the picture, that has the potential to weaken her since he's unable to offer emotional support, and now there's a level of grief to have on top of it. This could have an affect on Twilight as well with the loss of her brother. Not to mention, while there's no way for me to know this would have happened, there's no one who is going to launch Cadence at the heart in the knick of time. The moment I reach the castle, and no one has the heart who can use it, it's game over.

Spoiler

As a bonus, I have the Mane 6 trapped without the knowledge that they don't need a physical representation of the elements. I can hold them hostage to buy me time against the Royal Sisters  whom I can definitely go toe to toe, or hoof to hoof with, or off the mane 6 whenever I deem suitable. Any events that occur later are hardly a factor to play.

On 8/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, SharpWit said:

Sombra likes to mess with and incapacitate his enemies. That's why he he blocks Shining Armor from using his horn, and has eleborate nondeadly obstacles that Twilight has to face. He would rather toy with those who attempt to defeat him, or if worthy enough, be put to use. I don't take those kinds of chances though. I'd sooner destroy a threat than attempt to incorporate it into my own arsenal. Shining Armor is clearly a powerful unicorn, and would be great to have on my side, but I'm better off eliminating him entirely than risk him getting recaptured and potentially free of my control. I don't have his strength to my army but neither would my present enemies. At the very start, Shining Armor wouldn't have been given the chance to get back through Cadence's shield.

Every second of delay mattered in this situation. Cadence was under a lot of strain, and had her strength given out any sooner, Sombra would have won. Now that Shining Armor isn't in the picture, that has the potential to weaken her since he's unable to offer emotional support, and now there's a level of grief to have on top of it. This could have an affect on Twilight as well with the loss of her brother. Not to mention, while there's no way for me to know this would have happened, there's no one who is going to launch Cadence at the heart in the knick of time. The moment I reach the castle, and no one has the heart who can use it, it's game over.

Reveal hidden contents

As a bonus, I have the Mane 6 trapped without the knowledge that they don't need a physical representation of the elements. I can hold them hostage to buy me time against the Royal Sisters  whom I can definitely go toe to toe, or hoof to hoof with, or off the mane 6 whenever I deem suitable. Any events that occur later are hardly a factor to play.

Very interesing. Good plan

• 1 year later...