Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Pencil Pouch and Granite Rose (and maybe Thorns)!

ExplosionMare

ExplosionMare: I’m opening up asks, so why don’t you guys introduce yourselves?

Pencil: Okay! I’m Pencil Pouch, the purple unicorn in ExplosionMare’s profile picture, but here’s a better one anyways:

Spoiler

C0B24D51-1DF1-4B96-A501-F924E1232F82.thumb.jpeg.7857c36a1d84d24ed74a5147b24899b7.jpeg

Um, I like drawing, writing, hanging out with friends, and various other things (I forgot what those were, heh). Uh, that’s all I have to say, right?

ExplosionMare: Yep, you’re good!

Granite: Okay, I guess it’s my turn. Hi, I’m Granite Rose. My picture is right here:

Spoiler

9D31842E-D773-4768-A3BD-5E3C033DD11C.thumb.jpeg.1ae6bb5f713b506d90a863868bcd4bc1.jpeg

My hobbies are gardening, sketching, listening to music, and doing anything outdoors. Uh, that’s it, you can move on now!!

ExplosionMare: Um, aren’t you forgetting somepony?

Granite: Nope!!

ExplosionMare: Look, I know you’re scared, but he’s part of this ask, too. He has to come out.

Granite: Ughh! Fine! Okay, before he decides to show up, let me tell you a bit about Thorns. He’s, to put it simply, somepony only I can see. He’s also...not pleasant. But, well, I guess I’ll have to bring him out anyways for this ask. Just remember that if you do ask him anything, I’ll have to answer for him. He only talks in—

Thorns: Escape from here. Leave nothing behind. Let pain fade away.

Granite: Aaand, this is what I was talking about. Not great for conversation. *siggghhhh* Since I have to speak on his behalf, his hobbies include staring through my soul, speaking in a strange three sentence pattern, and convincing me to do bad things to myself on a daily basis. Yay. Now, so I can stop talking about him, here’s his picture:

Spoiler

8E6DC66B-EC7E-4C63-816F-B23B9372892F.jpeg.c95e4108f55ce23378abd246ba4a603c.jpeg

ExplosionMare: Aww, now that wasn’t so bad, Granite! Okay, now that everyone’s been introduced, here are the rules:

- One ask per character at a time (this just keeps things running faster. Asks are unlimited, but if you have asked previously, please wait until others get their chance to ask)

- Nothing beyond a PG rating. That includes information from the fanfic these characters come from called Behind Him that contains a few themes that aren’t allowed on this site. Allusions to darker events are okay, but the answers to those types of questions will be kept vague

(A link will be provided via PM if you ask for one)

- Wanna ask ExplosionMare something? Well, she’s not really part of the ask, but you can ask her something about the ask! (Make sure to use a tag if you have that sort of question so I know you’re talking to me and not my characters)

• Brohoof 2

"Pencil Pouch, how do you feel about being such a big part of ExplosionMare's "appearance" on the forums?"

Thank You SO much for answering my question! :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234

@Sparklefan1234

Pencil: Hmm, well, it’s a little weird, you know, being the mane OC. To be fair, I am ExplosionMare’s first OC so I guess that’s why she chose me. Apparently I’m also a ‘representation’ of her too, whatever that means. She says I’m a lot like her. Also, she told me if she chose somepony like Granite instead, ponies would think she was a boy, hehe!

ExplosionMare: Thank you for the ask. Both Pencil and I appreciated it very much. We were glad we could answer your question as well.

• Brohoof 2

Also, for Granite: when asked to prove you’re not a robot online, do you ever, when asked by the website to select images with a certain object like bicycles, select the incorrect images  :twi:?

• Brohoof 1

@WWolf

Pencil: Uh-um, we’re not really related or “related” at all. We’re just best friends, so Granite doesn’t mind if I tease him a bit, heehee! Plus, his mane is so floofy!

Granite: So is yours but I don’t feel the need to touch it.

Pencil: ...hmm...

ExplosionMare: What an awkward exchange between two silly ponies. Pencil is right though, he does have a lot of floof :3

@Splashee®

Thorns: .....

Granite: N-No, just stop. I already know what you’re gonna say. You’re not really that dynamic, you know.

Thorns: *snorts*

Granite: Aahhany ways, back to your question. Hmm, I never really thought about it before, but I would probably have to go with black. It’s the color I like to think about when I wanna get away from stuff, or listen to music. Outside of nature colors, black’s very calming to me.

ExplosionMare: Here we have one stallion denying he’s a little edgy and one who isn’t. I wonder if you can guess who is who.

@WWolf again

Granite: Uh, I have no idea what that is. I guess that’s some new technology Ponyville has. I live in Sire’s Hollow, so nothing’s really updated. But, uh, do robots really use that technology, too? Wow, we’re really behind on modern advancements!

ExplosionMare: And where one would’ve have assumed a more human answer to this question, these little ponies are in too small a town to provide those answers. Maybe someday they will understand.

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

It’s the color I like to think about when I wanna get away from stuff, or listen to music. Outside of nature colors, black’s very calming to me.

Oh, Granite, does that mean you would want to one day plant a special seed that grows a black rose? :ooh: (if it was possible?)

@pencil: I see :ooh: .... can I tease you :P ? Hmm but how...

@Granite: oof, my apologies, forgot we’re from different time zones :P .

I guess I could re-ask, are you a rebel :orly: ? I guess aren’t we all :P ?

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

Pencil:

I know you are an artist. Have you ever tried that operating system that was controversial? It was called Microsoft® Glimmer® XP. Equality Operating System, useful for drawing digital art + more:

spla_glimmerxp.gif

Spoiler

It had the ability to use up to 16 color graphics! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

@WWolf

Pencil: I’m sure you’ll find a way...

Granite: That’s okay, I get questions like that all the time when I travel! And, hmm, let me think...I was a pretty quiet kid for the most part, but one time I snuck out to see a travelling band that was playing late at night. I had my hoodie on so nopony could see me and I was all excited, but somehow my parents heard my tiny hoof steps going down the stairs. That was the end of that...

@Splashee®

Granite: Well, there isn’t a seed for a black rose, it’s a hybrid flower, but it would be my dream to really have one in my garden! Not only would it look really cool, but it would also make a lot of money for my business.

Pencil: I’ve heard of it, but I’ve never gotten to use it. If I did use it, I’d definitely wanna see what I look like with an equal Cutie Mark!

• Brohoof 1

@WWolf

Pencil: *blushes* Hehe! I like to celebrate my birthday with lots of desserts, friends, and presents!! Usually I just have my friends come hang out at my house, but if we go somewhere, we usually go bowling or to an arcade.

@Splashee®

Granite: *smiles and adjusts an invisible tie*

Pencil: Hmm, I’d have to say any sort of chocolate, like a chocolate bar. If I’m looking for something salty though, I usually have some chips or pretzels.

Thorns: *looks at Granite in a confused manner, then proceeds to roll his eyes*

Granite: He knows what you’re talking about since everything I know, he knows, but unlike me, he thinks FNAF is pretty stupid. I would say that he reminds me a bit of Chica though, just standing there. He also reminds me of Foxy, too, with his eyes *shudders*.

Thorns: *Due to ExplosionMare shutting off his dialogue, all he can do is scowl*

ExplosionMare: Despite these guys’ rather vague knowledge of technology, both ponies have visited numerous arcades and other places where they can discover games, such as FNAF. It’s probably the only good technology they’re exposed to.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

friends or anything.

You mean "friends or not" :sassy:

I am sure Splashee would love to meet ya, Miss Pencil.

Maybe in a RP? Maybe in a private RP :ButtercupLaugh:

@Splashee®

Pencil: You would have to ask my creator. Personally, I think it’s a little weird that she keeps drawing me with little squares.

Granite: I’m not much of a surfer pony, but I’ve gone to the lake plenty of times. It’s really relaxing, just swimming out there and taking it easy.

• Brohoof 1

@Splashee®

ExplosionMare: You’re right, it isn’t any easier to draw, but I like to practice with it. I like to expand the mediums I use, and this particular one is good for sprites. Wait, why am I answering questions? PENCIL!!

Pencil: Heeheehee! *runs away*

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

@Splashee®

ExplosionMare: You’re right, it isn’t any easier to draw, but I like to practice with it. I like to expand the mediums I use, and this particular one is good for sprites. Wait, why am I answering questions? PENCIL!!

Pencil: Heeheehee! *runs away*

*chases after her*

*catches you with rope :yay: *
Where do you think you’re going :fluttershy:? *honks snootle* Dodge City :ooh: ?

Edited by WWolf

@ExplosionMare

Pencil: Sorry for bugging you again, but which day is your day off from work (drawing commissions), and what do you do on you day off, to relax?

Granite: Are you an artist as well, can you draw?

• Brohoof 1

To all three: What's your favorite fairy tale and why? (They don't necessarily have to have been adapted by Disney)

On a side note: Will Guide the Unicorn of Disney Knowledge: I put on stage performances of Disney's animated stories from Snow White to Frozen 2 and everything in the years between, so would the duo/trio be interested in seeing a performance anytime soon?

@WWolf

Pencil: Well, darn. *pouts*

@Splashee®

Pencil: I wouldn’t say I get specific days off, just days where I don’t have anything pressing to do. When I do get to relax, though, I like to either do something with my friends if they’re free, go to an arcade somewhere, or just sit at home and relax.

@Will Guide

Pencil: I like Raponyzel cause the mare in it finally seeks freedom after being trapped all her life. And yes, I’d love to see a performance! Sounds fun!

Granite: I personally like Robin Hood, cause the stallion risks everything he has just to save a few townsponies. As your your performance, I’d be willing to give it a try.

Thorns: “Children”

Granite: Liiikkke, Hansel and Gretel?

Thorns: *nods*

Granite: You like the evil witch in it, don’t you?

Thorns: *gives off a snarky grin and nods again*

Granite: Ugh. Well, since I’m basically answering for him, I hope that if I do see one of these performances, that Thorns doesn’t “show up”. He’d just be there to bother me, not to see your show.

• Brohoof 1