Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Cafes & Coffee Shops Thread

Denim&Venöm

Anyone a regular at their nearest coffee shop or cafe? Whether it's to get a favorite drink or just chill out or catch up on some work in a relaxing atmosphere? Got any favorite places? What are the best ones where you're from? 

What gave me the idea is my local shop: 1863 coffee saloon. Friendly staff. Homely atmosphere with a rustic charm. Back half was used for an art & photo gallery as well as an amateur performance stage and swap meet area.  Built out of the historic saloon and railway station from when my town was founded. And sadly it'll be closing down at the end of the month. Guess I'll be making the most of these next few weekends then. 

img_3884

• Brohoof 3

Oooo! We have a small brand of cafes here in Sweden (I think its in all of scandinavia) Called Espresso House! Its kinda like starbucks but a bit more old-school theme! I love their Ice Coffees! If you ever go here/see one of em I heavily suggest trying em out!

• Brohoof 1

I'm not familiar with local coffee shops in my area. There was one cafe however along the beach that I used to go to every week but they sadly fared the worst when covid hit and forced businesses to close. 

• Brohoof 2

Most of the old coffee shops have closed over the years but there's this one local tea shop that's pretty good, haven't gone there in a while and they're probably closed right now given what's going on.  Their walls are lined with tea, from floor to ceiling, they even have loads of different matcha too!!!  A great place, I heard they also have boba but I haven't tried that.  As much as I would love for there to be some cafes here, they tend to not last very long around here unless there's a load of regulars who go there.  I think there's this one cafe downtown but I wasn't too crazy for their coffee and I wasn't too fond of their food.  Most people just hang out at Tim Horton's when they're able to.

I'm more of a rare occurrence at one of the Tim Hortons locations where I live. My dad on the other hand has pretty much become a regular at one of them since he goes there every weekend barring any emergencies.

In the town I live, we don’t have a cafe or coffee shop. If you want to go to one of those, you’ll have to drive to the next town over. There, many cafes and coffee/tea shops reside. I go there whenever I can.

I love going to coffee shops/bakeries here in DC. Of course now they are only open for takeout/delivery which takes away the fun of the coffee shop atmosphere. Well some do have outdoor dining spaces which is allowed, but it is just so hot here; my iced tea will melt right away :yuck:

• Brohoof 1

I had one near where I uses to live. The building was over 100 years old and started as a butcher shop. It sat empty for decades but it was in good shape with all of the original wood floors and walls, and the meat hook was still hanging. First owners had their hands full and sold after 2 years. The new owners brought a bit more life into the place with wine tastings and music nights. They stayed open for about a decade. When I was 12 I became a regular and got to know the owners. Kind of hoped my first job would've been there but I moved before I was old enough. It was a regular hangout for my dad and I.

Current owners turned it into a hippy place with mismatched furniture and only overly healthy options. Maybe saw one other table being used the two times I went there. They've been in businesses for at least 6 years, but Covid could have shut them down.

5 hours ago, Bakugou is my Man said:

In the town I live, we don’t have a cafe or coffee shop. If you want to go to one of those, you’ll have to drive to the next town over. There, many cafes and coffee/tea shops reside. I go there whenever I can.

I could have posted your post word for word. I'm in a coffee shop desert in my town. We have a pub, but that doesn't interest me. The best I can do is when I go for my daily walks, I head up to the WaWa convenience store and get my Iced Coffee there. (Large, french vanilla, almond milk, no sugar),  It's a mile away, two miles round trip, so I work for my treat!

On 8/2/2020 at 5:03 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

18 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I could have posted your post word for word. I'm in a coffee shop desert in my town. We have a pub, but that doesn't interest me. The best I can do is when I go for my daily walks, I head up to the WaWa convenience store and get my Iced Coffee there. (Large, french vanilla, almond milk, no sugar),  It's a mile away, two miles round trip, so I work for my treat!

Wish I was as fortunate. Unless something opens up in the old cafe's place, the closest ones 7-8 miles away. 

Knowing this town's luck, they'll turn the old building into another biker bar. 

I used to like to go to La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney for a little coffee, OJ or just for a nice place to sit with a crepe from the stand outside. It’s a really peaceful place with a  nice view, and when timed right, there used to be some occasional live music around. 

I'm not too big on coffee (I usually get tea instead), but I do frequent this one downtown café during the fall and spring semesters.

My old dorm used to have a little hole-in-the-wall snack and coffee shop in the lobby and I always loved going there in the mornings and evenings. Everyone on my side of campus loved it. Sadly, it got closed down last fall due to budget cuts. There's another one in the university library that's still open but it's not quite the same. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a coffee drinker, like at all. :wacko: Every once in a while though my mom will take me through the Caribou Coffee drive-thru on the way to the grocery store or something and I'll get an iced cooler- essentially it's like an iced chocolaty flavored drink with whipped cream, I think it may have a little bit of coffee in it but it's not the main ingredient. Either way I really like it ^_^

There is this laid-back coffee-&-breakfast shop called "La Brûlerie Ste-Foy" near my working place, I used to go there before work since it opens up super early and I usually don't like eating breakfast at home.

The coffee is really great, and their sandwiches are quite good too, although the price tags on some of the items can get ludicrous. I'll try to go there tomorrow morning and post a couple of pictures up on the board!

On 8/10/2020 at 4:44 PM, MikaCondria726 said:

There is this laid-back coffee-&-breakfast shop called "La Brûlerie Ste-Foy" near my working place, I used to go there before work since it opens up super early and I usually don't like eating breakfast at home.

The coffee is really great, and their sandwiches are quite good too, although the price tags on some of the items can get ludicrous. I'll try to go there tomorrow morning and post a couple of pictures up on the board!

Heya! I almost forgot to post up those images up the board today. Let's see... :okiedokieloki:

Turns out, assuming your bus would arrive late (because it always flipping does) is a bad habit to develop seeing as it actually arrived early this morning and I ended up missing it. So the images your about to see were taken at noon, rather than in the morning.

Photo from the outside of the shop. It's actually pretty small and built up on two floors, which gives it a pretty cozy :oh_golly: atmosphere. 

20200811_120559.thumb.jpg.58a6f0371297a4af2515f38f9095c289.jpg

Spicy Mokaccino w/ whipped cream (absolutely DEELISH) :pinkie:

Spicy Mokaccino w/ whip cream (absolutely DEELISH!)

Pork cheese-sandwich w/ Chipotle sauce ('twas good enough, the pork really wasn't all that great sadly...) :scoots:

20200811_114659.thumb.jpg.dba36e4bbe0ce90060469dd352da9b7d.jpg

Funnily enough, the cafe ran out of meal plates by the time I arrived at the shop, which is why the sandwich photo looks really scuffed. :please:

All in all, the coffee is the best part of the shop (duh.) However, at around 5,00$ per cup depending on which kind your taking, you should really go there as a treat more than anything else.