Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many potatoes can you eat in one sitting?

Calan

I love potato’s. Honestly though to answer the question. I could eat them fried mashed cubed cooked etc. But the number I could push myself to eat would likely be around 7 or 8 maybe?

1 minute ago, Ittoni said:

Just one the size of a fist, maybe one and a half. My stomach is not that big...

They do fill though 

4 minutes ago, Petrus said:

I love potato’s. Honestly though to answer the question. I could eat them fried mashed cubed cooked etc. But the number I could push myself to eat would likely be around 7 or 8 maybe?

If they were fries, I'd eat many many many, lol but baked is good too, I never could really get into mashed, I never liked the texture

1 minute ago, Calan said:

They do fill though 

Yeah, specially if they are not prepared. I was thinking of just boiled potatoes with a little bit of salt so they have some kind of taste. It would be better if they were accompanied with veggies or grated cheese.

2 minutes ago, Calan said:

They do fill though 

If they were fries, I'd eat many many many, lol but baked is good too, I never could really get into mashed, I never liked the texture

Mashed is not my first choice to be honest but yeah fries are dangerous 

but 

6 minutes ago, Ittoni said:

Just one the size of a fist, maybe one and a half. My stomach is not that big...

itty bitty tummy committee :P

I usually buy a 5 pound bag of golds, which are about half the size of big russets. I think I can eat about 4 of them with no problem roasted or searred. Maybe 6 if I were pushing it at mashed. A large McDonald's fry is about the same as a russet I think, and I could eat 4 of those if I had nothing else.

I usually like to dice a few Potatoes(typically 3 but it depends on the size of the potato) and roast them.  I like to top them with some homemade chili along with some cheeze sauce that I made.  It's typically a meal that ends up keeping me full for the rest of the day because if I eat too much or drink too much water afterwards, I tend to feel sick...  Though yeah, I love potatoes!!!

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Splashee® said:

Green potatoes are poisonous. Remember that!

I like potatoes. I don't eat many in one sitting though

If there's a small amount of green, I'll eat it (cooked) - since it's less likely to do anything to you. I could eat a lot and do munch down some spuds. :wub:

5 hours ago, Ya boi Stormy 🌩️ said:

If there's a small amount of green, I'll eat it (cooked) - since it's less likely to do anything to you. I could eat a lot and do munch down some spuds. :wub:

I throw away potato chips that are slightly green. I don't gamble with my life

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Splashee® said:

I throw away potato chips that are slightly green. I don't gamble with my life

I eat them and nothing happens. But I'm sure if they were uncooked - that story would change. I can only imagine how terrible they would be for you raw. 

Man, how is it possible that EVERYTHING made from potatoes taste so good? I can't think of anything I dislike with potatoes in it. A potato is a gift for the humankind.